Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Is it pre-reg only or ok to turn up on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Miklos wrote: »
    Is it pre-reg only or ok to turn up on the day?

It's pre registration for A4, others can sign on, on the day. But since your all lovely people and don't want hassle of signing on, on the morning then please pre reg for all categories and save your self some time. Also helps us. Danke

Folks,

Please find poster for the Meath Grand Prix happening on the 16th June 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Thanks for the info burger1979, great to have it in advance

Can you clarify if you plan to run a separate A2 race? (the info on the link would suggest yes, the poster has them combined though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Signed up

"Numbers restricted as per CI regulations. A1 + A2 will be combined if not enough numbers to run seperate races. "

• Advertisement

Whyner wrote: »
    Signed up

"Numbers restricted as per CI regulations. A1 + A2 will be combined if not enough numbers to run seperate races. "

Confirmed this evening that A1 and A2 will be a combined race. Apologies if any confusion caused.

Prizes for each of the races as follows:

Prize list
    A1/A2 combined
    1st 8
    1st 6 unplaced A2.

A3 race
    1st 6
    1st 3 u/p A3
    1st 3 u/p jun

A4 race
    1st 6

Women's race
    1st 6
    1st u/p w2,w3, jun.

Youth races
    U 12/ U14 / U16
    1st 6 each race
    1st 3 u/p girls.

Hope to see some of you there.

Burger.

Folks,

With less than a week to go, can I ask that people who intend to do this race then please, please, please sign up on line. Please spread the word to fellow racers and cyclists if you can. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

When does prereg close for A4? Won't know if I have a babysitter until Saturday

CramCycle wrote: »
    When does prereg close for A4? Won't know if I have a babysitter until Saturday

Saturday midday is closure for pre reg.

• Advertisement

Folks,

we will accept sign on on the day for A4 category as well as all other categories. Please spread the word if you can to your fellow cyclists and club members. Thanks, Burger.

Alas I won't make it (damned children) but I know a good few A4 and A3 are on their way down to you from my club. Hope it goes well.

Thanks Cramcycle, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

burger1979 wrote: »
    Thanks Cramcycle, appreciate it

If I've pre registered do I still have to sign on on the day to let organisers know who's present?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

If I've pre registered do I still have to sign on on the day to let organisers know who's present?

yes

For the comms sake, so they have a list of riders. If you don't sign on then you are not participating in their eyes.

So the end of they day and again another race over for another year. First off many thanks for all those who turned up to race today, I hope that you 'enjoyed' the day.
    But races dont happen without volunteer's to organise them and run them and my sicere gratitude goes to them also.
    As always after races I am looking for some feedback from you the racers as to what could be done better or changed about the race. So please comment about the following:

Car park
    Club/changing facilities
    Sign on process
    Race route
    Race route road conditions (road markings etc)
    Race cars and motos (amount of them and did they help you)
    After race feeding/drinks
    Anything else.

Please let me know.

Thank again.

Reports from clubmates were all positive and they are the types to be vocal if it were not. I heard a break stayed away in A4. Not sure how you arranged that but of course it was a race I missed. If you can do that every year you onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

i travelled up from waterford..mainly because the race distance in the a1/a2 was a proper race..150k plus..it a tough circuit..today i found it very tough as the hard section with the hills and then the main road was crosswinds so no real let up..the bad sections of road on the main road were well marked with paint..yee always put on a good show lads..fair play to all marshalls and all at sign on ect ect.

sean lynch is smiling down.

see you next year please god.

@Cramcycle - the break as you probably heard from club mates went on lap 2. Got 15 seconds and stayed away, max time was about 35 seconds from listening to the comms. I was doing 2nd support car for the A4 and the breakaway looked to be working well together.

@albertkidd - thanks for the kind words, a route and day that would have suited Sean no doubt.

• Advertisement

burger1979 wrote: »
    @Cramcycle - the break as you probably heard from club mates went on lap 2. Got 15 seconds and stayed away, max time was about 35 seconds from listening to the comms. I was doing 2nd support car for the A4 and the breakaway looked to be working well together.

@albertkidd - thanks for the kind words, a route and day that would have suited Sean no doubt.

Savage to hear, very jealous, sticking breaks in A4 are rare but wonderful. 35 seconds is better than 0 seconds.

Advertisement