Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flywheel BMW 320 replacement cost?

Options
  • 11-06-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Anyone be able to tell me how much it would cost to replace the flywheel on a bmw 320 10 years old? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Anyone be able to tell me how much it would cost to replace the flywheel on a bmw 320 10 years old? Thanks

What would it cost to replace the whole clutch kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

What would it cost to replace the whole clutch kit?

I don’t know that car engine combo... but you’d be looking at 1000€ upwards I’d reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Around €800 for clutch & flywheel replacement

millington wrote: »
    Around €800 for clutch & flywheel replacement

Flamin heck that much??

Flamin heck that much??

Yes, possibly more. The clutch & flywheel isn't a difficult job to do in those but the parts themselves are expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is about €6-700 for the 3 series.
    Put in your reg at micksgarage.com and it will give you the parts etc.
    Remember a clutch/flywheel for a 5 series was setting me back about €800 a few years back. BMW dealer wanted 3 grand to replace them...I laughed them out of it.

Blazer wrote: »
    Remember a clutch/flywheel for a 5 series was setting me back about €800 a few years back. BMW dealer wanted 3 grand to replace them...I laughed them out of it.
    Wtf 3k? What a joke, how do you find the 5 series by the way?

I love it...
    went from the e60 model to the f10 model.
    I've had a e92 3 series as well but found it a bit too shaky and inside not as good as the 5 series...lovely car to actually put it through its paces though.
    Think I'll go with the g30 model next but debating 7 seaters also.
    The latest one is very very nice inside. Definitey a step up from the f10.
    But honestly my e60 msport was my baby and I think always will be. It was a 3 litre lci model and I loved it.
    I just don't feel the same way towards my f10 even though its basically the same engine.
    Gimme the e60 msport with the same engine and the 8 speed transmission from the f10 and I'd be happy out.

I love it...
    went from the e60 model to the f10 model.
    I've had a e92 3 series as well but found it a bit too shaky and inside not as good as the 5 series...lovely car to actually put it through its paces though.
    Think I'll go with the g30 model next but debating 7 seaters also.
    The latest one is very very nice inside. Definitey a step up from the f10.
    But honestly my e60 msport was my baby and I think always will be. It was a 3 litre lci model and I loved it.
    I just don't feel the same way towards my f10 even though its basically the same engine.
    Gimme the e60 msport with the same engine and the 8 speed transmission from the f10 and I'd be happy out.

I was looking at a 2.0 ltr diesel 5 series 2011 but someone warned me off saying that the engine isn’t big enough for the car and the timing chain goes in them, is this true?

I was looking at a 2.0 ltr diesel 5 series 2011 but someone warned me off saying that the engine isn’t big enough for the car and the timing chain goes in them, is this true?

I wouldn't say the engine is too small. Its still pushing out 182 hp.
    Regards the timing chain then yes I would avoid unless the chain has been done. The F10 had the N47 engine still so rumours of issues right upto 2013. Its the main reason I went with the 3 litre version.
    Also early versions 2010-2012 had issues with the radiator getting holes in it from stone chips etc so check the aircon and for any errors etc. I need to get mine replaced so its €464 for a replacement part.
    I also had an issue with the headunit/idrive which was replaced under warranty but I'm now getting a blank screen at boot up so pita. Think a software update resolves it but this is hit and miss ( as in what years the error occurs) really as I've seen reports of this error from 2010-2015. Guess bmw software devs just suck at their jobs lol.
    Enginewise the 3litre engine has been rock solid for me with no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

I paid 1100 last year for my F30

• Registered Users Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭jmreire

Any BMW fitted with the N47 engine from 2007 on wards is prone to timing chain failure. They were supposed to have fixed it in 2008, 2009, 2010 and again in mid 2011, but while the nrs of failed chains decreased, they were still failing, even up to 2014. After that year, I'm not too sure. But any BMW from 2007, with the N47 fitted, I would not touch unless the chain had been replaced.If the engine is making a "Rattily " noise on idle, under 2'000 RPM, it's an indication that it has a timing chain problem.
    The 520 BMW's with the N47 engine can be identified because the exhaust pipe is oval shaped, and they are fitted with DPF. They also have start / stop technology fitted.
    In the older 520 BMW's, with the M47 Engine, the exhaust is narrower, and turned down toward's the ground. They don't have DPF fitted.

Micksgarage are over €700 for the parts alone never mind the labour. The 5 series clutch/flywheel is the same and hasn't come down in price in a long time.

millington wrote: »
    Micksgarage are over €700 for the parts alone never mind the labour. The 5 series clutch/flywheel is the same and hasn't come down in price in a long time.

What exactly do I need to search for on Mick’s garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Press the key button and the lights flash....

What exactly do I need to search for on Mick’s garage?

Advertisement