Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Phantasmo vs Romero was amazing. Loved it & keeps B block a bit open. The 3 Korakuen shows were incredible for back to back to back shows of 10 single matches.
    Ospreay might be the best wrestler of 2019 so far. I am behind on my Miyahara stuff tho.
    Will had 3 different matches with Phantasmo, Bandido & Narita yet he gave them as much as he got out of it. Hopefully he holds up for the G1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Moxley vs Juice?! Wasn't expecting that.

Today's show was an improvement on yesterday which felt flat due to the A Block clear coming down to Ishimori vs Shingo tomorrow.
    DOUKI has gotten better as the tour has went on, again Ospreay was incredible. Surprised Bushi has picked up so many wins, hope to see Romero get a title match some time this year although I may be left waiting on that one.
    Seeing Ren Narita's performances makes me hope they put Shota Umino in the G1, even though the results are a formality all of his matches have been pretty enjoyable. Was hoping to see the Taguchi today I seen vs Ishimori but there was too much comedy in the first half for a main event vs El Phantasmo. I hope he shows more fire on the final day vs Ospreay.
    It's looking like Shingo vs Ospreay next Wednesday in the final which should be a belter.

Looks like El Phantasmo's theme is muted now for copyright :(

If its Shingo vs Ospreay it's going to be a cracker, can't wait. Shingo is wrestler of the half year for me, he's been unreal. Would love to see both of them in the G1 in the future.

• Advertisement

Well
    Shingo
    is in the final next Wednesday. Today was pretty good, Dragon Lee vs Scurll & Gresham vs SHO were both a good watch after the Titan vs Tiger Mask match had a total mess of a finish. Main event was predictably a very good watch.

BOSJ final spoiler.
    Ospreay vs Shingo, I cannot fùcking wait for this match.

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1135549788647071744

Wednesday may just have got even bigger

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1135703659885416448?s=19

Very sad to hear this. Only won the AJPW Jr Heavyweight title a fee weeks ago & had a very good Champion Carnival by all accounts

Juice vs Moxley was great. Both guys look great coming out of it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

mox/juice timed perfectly with my lunch thanks new japan but very good stuff all round juice needed that performance badly feel hes regressed a lot after so much hard work to get were he got too.

not a fan of the trunks look on moxley preferred the look at double or nothing

Incredible main event today,
    Ospreay had an insane performance level in this tournament. Him vs Dragon Lee at Dominion should be another great match too.

Looking like Bullet Club vs R3K for the Jr. Tag's too & possibly leading to a face turn by Robbie Eagles.
    White vs Tanahashi was great too, they didn't go too hard considering they were on 2nd from last. White is fantastic in ring but he needs a bit more character besides having Gedo do run ins which can bog down his matches at times.
    Co-Main I really enjoyed. Wild brawl and a really hot closing stretch. Both worked their asses off and there was a good few strikes where the sweat visibly flew off them.

Intrigued to see the rest of the Dominion card whenever its released in the next day or so.

Unfortunately no Hiromu today. :(
    Maybe after the Jr. Heavyweight title match at Dominion he will appear if not then I can't see it in G1 season, Dallas, Australia or UK so it'll be a while. Don't expect him to wrestle until after all that tho.

That was so good, really thought going into it Shingo was winning. Incredible stuff, Ospreay has been absolutely class throughout the tournament, against Bandido, Rocky and today stand out. Bit mad seeing Moxley in New Japan, great brawl though. White/Tanahashi really good too, and always good to see Suzuki back.

That was so good, really thought going into it Shingo was winning.

He said he wants a heavyweight opponent at Dominion fwiw. :)

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/1136323054567600128

I'd have him win that huge and build him towards a match with Ishii.... :D

Moxley vs Shota Umino announced for Dominion. A match I never thought I would see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Why doesnt NJPW feature female wrestling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Is dominion starting at 8am Irish time?

Not since Misawa tiger suplexed Kobashi off the ramp onto the floor has a spot troubled me as much as that apron bump Ibushi took. Feel rattled just after seeing it. I'll watch the rest later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    Not since Misawa tiger suplexed Kobashi off the ramp onto the floor has a spot troubled me as much as that apron bump Ibushi took. Feel rattled just after seeing it. I'll watch the rest later

I’ve never had a move or spot that made me that uncomfortable before like that is just too far and bumps like that are not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Will Ospreay is the best wrestler in the world right now. He's been on fire ever since his brilliant match against Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom. His run in the Best if the Super Juniors was incredible and he just had another 5* banger against Dragon Lee at Dominion.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote:
    Will Ospreay is the best wrestler in the world right now. He's been on fire ever since his brilliant match against Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom. His run in the Best if the Super Juniors was incredible and he just had another 5* banger against Dragon Lee at Dominion.

For me Ospreay is so far ahead of everyone else in 2019 the wrestler of the year is nearly wrapped up in June.
    His BOSJ performance was incredible. 9 absolute bangers & then the moty in the final vs Shingo. Today was fantastic too. Best match on the card for me.
    Taichi vs Ishii had another great contest & Naito vs Ibushi was a great match albeit a lethal dangerous one.
    The tag matches didn't add much for me; I think they're gonna save Suzuki vs Liger for Wrestle Kingdom. Just makes a lot of sense.
    I wish Umino got to show what he did vs Tanahashi instead of it being a platform to announce Moxley in the G1.
    Main event was ok, like a 7/10 but for a big show I'm not sure that's good enough for a big New Japan show the last few years.
    GoD are an absolute dose to watch, the most formulaic act not in WWE. Just bore the hell out of me & I think LIJ feel the same way.
    Like a lot of big shows in recent months I'm scratching my head a little bit at the title switches & only Ospreay really has a contender/s now. At least they announced some left field G1 participants who people wouldn't have guessed 6 months ago.

Delighted we're getting Shingo and Kenta in the G1. And that Naito won. Ospreay/Lee was so good, match of the night.

Ospreay in the G1 as well. Lovely, going to be bangers all over the tournament.

Ok, I've written out a list of possible participants:

Think these are nailed on participants:
    Main: Tanahashi, Ibushi, KENTA, Moxley, Juice (5)
    Suzuki Gun: Suzuki, ZSJ, Taichi (3)
    Chaos: Okada, Goto, Yano, Ishii, Ospreay (5)
    LIJ: Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Shingo (4)
    Bullet Club: White (1)

Leaves 2 spots for:
    Hopefully: Cobb, Davey Boy Smith Jr. , Archer, Umino
    Apathy: YOSHI-HASHI
    Veterans: Kojima, Makabe
    Please for the love of god no, please no, don't do that: Fale, Tama Tonga, Owens

Having written this out there may be more than 20 in this G1

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Makabe will be in. They need Fale for the screwy results. I think Cobb is already announced as taking part of it. Gonna be a good one.

Wonder who will take the book if it's true?

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1140209901001744385?s=19

Big surprise is no Minoru Suzuki but hes getting on in years. No Kojima, Makabe or Yoshi-Hashi either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Bit shocked at no Makabe or Kojima.

Advertisement