Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Please

• 13-06-2019 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi stage 1 student here Long story short I failed 3 modules 2 e's one f my question is about the repeat stage both e's were semester 2 modules so I'm resitting those and f is a semester 1 module and I'm repeating it I'm just worried about fees I know about the resitting fees and repeating fees but I'm planning on taking my stage 2 modules since the modules I failed have no pre requisites in any of my semester 1 modules for stage 2 so will I have to pay reg fee and if so can I only pay half the reg fee if I pass and go to stage 2 in January because I get Susi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Oathkeeper wrote: »
    Hi stage 1 student here Long story short I failed 3 modules 2 e's one f my question is about the repeat stage both e's were semester 2 modules so I'm resitting those and f is a semester 1 module and I'm repeating it I'm just worried about fees I know about the resitting fees and repeating fees but I'm planning on taking my stage 2 modules since the modules I failed have no pre requisites in any of my semester 1 modules for stage 2 so will I have to pay reg fee and if so can I only pay half the reg fee if I pass and go to stage 2 in January because I get Susi

From what you say it sounds like you are going to be progressing to stage 2? I mean you need 50 credits I think to progress to stage 2... maybe you can do a summer resit of one of those fails?

If you go into stage 2, then you're in stage 2. The fact that you have a couple of repeats shouldn't change that. So reg fee, etc. No additional year of study.

If you aren't progressing to stage 2 and ONLY doing repeats, resits, I think you can avoid most of the reg fee, but don't take my word on that. Student desk would be a good source of info for that.

Susi afaik only pays for progress, so if you don't progress you are likely not to receive stipend, if memory serves.

Whether you can progress to stage 2 is something that can probably be answered by your programme office, much less likely at the student desk.

Advertisement