Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Explanation needed on "stubble trimmer"?

Options
  • 11-06-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Nearly feel ridiculous asking this question at the age of 32, but up until now I have always shaved with a razor blade for a full clean shave but now am looking to buy an electric razor to maintain that 2 Day stubble look.

I bought a "stubble shaver" last week with it`s lowest setting being 0.5mm in length. I thought on buying this that a grade of 0.5mm was super low and that I wouldn`t even have to go that low to get the 2 day look I was after. I deliberately hadn`t shaved in 6 days in anticipation of using my new electric shaver but on using it, I realised that even using it`s lowest setting at 0.5mm, it didn`t as much as take a whisker off my face. Now I realise that everyone grows facial hair at different lengths so before you think that my facial hair wasn`t long enough at the time of trying out the new shaver, I can assure you it was decently grown in that 6 day period, certainly far beyond what a 2 day look would typically look like on any man.

I thought perhaps that I was using an incorrect or poor technique so researched this by reading the instructions, looking at tutorial videos online ect and repeating these. Regardless of how many times I tried and different methods of using the blade I tried, it still wouldn`t bring the facial hair lower than the 6 day hair growth I had.

So, question is: Does 0.5mm typically bring facial hair to that 2 day unshaven look or do I need a shorter blade? ie - 0.1mm?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Just started doing the same lad.

I bought the Philips Series 3000 which lowest setting is 0.5mm and it only gives about 3-4 days stubble look

Want an even funnier one? I have a Philips cordless hair machine that also goes down to 0.5mm and it gives about a 2 day growth look!

Advertisement