Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They're getting slammed from all directions right now, and it's long overdue, they just won't dare question the sacred cows in the game, such as the +/-2 MM or the gold ammo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

One of those two is getting addressed next year. Not sure when we're going to be allowed talk about it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

One of those two is getting addressed next year. Not sure when we're going to be allowed talk about it though.

The ammo one seems to be getting the beans spilled at WGFest, so it seems that'll be the cutoff on that one.

As time passes I'm also more in favour of a +/-1MM. There's enough lines to ensure variety at this point, which was one of the sticking points for WG in the past.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Always good to get a heads up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

As time passes I'm also more in favour of a +/-1MM. There's enough lines to ensure variety at this point, which was one of the sticking points for WG in the past.

I personally am utterly against reducing +/-2 to +/-1. If a Sherman 75 can't face a Panther or Tiger, the game will have lost too much of its character. If the maps become less channeling, then going against +2s is more reasonable. A long 90mm on Pershing can take on most anything from the side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Bad example as a tiger isn't impenetrable as some of the new op tanks are. Especially bad at T8. I'm at the Tiger 2 and it's just a piñata for the tiers above.

I don't find the lower tiers as badly mismatched as the higher ones.

I personally am utterly against reducing +/-2 to +/-1. If a Sherman 75 can't face a Panther or Tiger, the game will have lost too much of its character. If the maps become less channeling, then going against +2s is more reasonable. A long 90mm on Pershing can take on most anything from the side.

In terms of the Tiger issue, with all the power creep I'd suggest moving the Tiger to tier 6, and Tiger 2 down to tier 7. This would restore their presence as iconic tanks and their role as heavies. It'd also put them closer to their actual contemporary heavies such as the KV-1 and IS-2. But I concede that I don't have a replacement tier 8 in mind.

Less channeling maps would be welcome at all tiers.

Sounds good.

Yay, tanks for bonds.

Boo, it's the three I already have.

It's all there for reference:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/things-to-come-2019/

most importantly the plan is to nerf gold rounds by 25 to 30% of damage.

• Advertisement

A lot of all round improvements to premium account, some of which is long overdue.

But it all sounds a little too good, I'm sure there's a catch somewhere.

The catch is good players with premium, earn everything much faster. So as soon as some new OP tank arrives they blitz every game with them.

Does it really matter. The game favours people who pay as it should. if you are a free to play player its much harder, as it should be.

I'm not too bothered about faster credits/XP, I'm more interested in the extra bonds, given the tanks for bonds scheme that's on the way.

The whole bond think went waaay over my head. I really only dip into the game now and then.

They just put 1000 type 59 golds on sale in the EU for 25k gold each.

They lasted 3.5 minutes....

Have to say I don't really fear Type 59s in the game. There are other tanks I fear more.

beauf wrote: »
    Have to say I don't really fear Type 59s in the game. There are other tanks I fear more.

And yet people will pay €84 for a gaudy version of one.

Christ!

Is true to say the Type 59 is no longer the terror that it was 6 years ago.
    I got back into WoT in early 2014 and it had been removed at that point. But they were still seen in battles.
    By 2017 I rarely if ever saw one.

The tank in the game now is nerfed a lot from what it used to be. Also we have Russian mediums which are better these days. I fear them more.

The 500 for NA sold out in 6 seconds.

It's a decent enough tank overall, but it's not the fearsome thing it once was.

• Advertisement

Yay, free stuff!

https://tankrewards.eu/

I also note the background image shows a T88, something that hasn't popped up before.

I don't play enough to do any of these missions.

Finally got the upgraded turret in the E75 which made a hugh difference. Stock turret was like paper. Much more competitive now. Well as good as this tomato will ever get. Last night had endless top tier games where all the T10s (especially autoloaders) just spammed gold at everything.

beauf wrote: »
    I don't play enough to do any of these missions.

Finally got the upgraded turret in the E75 which made a hugh difference. Stock turret was like paper. Much more competitive now. Well as good as this tomato will ever get. Last night had endless top tier games where all the T10s (especially autoloaders) just spammed gold at everything.

At least the days of gold spam are drawing to an end. I don't support the current fix in testing, but it least it's a fix.

I don't really read up on the changes and game types as I only dip in and out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Spear wrote: »
    Yay, free stuff!

https://tankrewards.eu/

I also note the background image shows a T88, something that hasn't popped up before.

Thats not too bad. I've 210 stamp thingys. Only just reading now that need to finish top 3 in xp at the 3 different tier brackets once per day.

Free T-116 if you log-in during the Tank Festival event at the moment.

Well this has faded...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Anyone here still playing regularly? I stopped for over a year but am back in it the game the last 6 months.

I dip in and out.

• Advertisement

I guess I stopped regularly playing about a 18 months ago. Used to play 4-5 matches a day with a once a week 4-5 hour premium account session.
    Over the last 6 months have probably played 20-30 matches.

Battle tech and Total War took my attention.

Installed WoWs last month to try it out. Bit more forgiving at lower tiers than WoTs. I'm still hovering at tier 4 in that game.
    The addition of captain skills, module choices certainly seem to add complexity in the later tiers.

Advertisement