Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joeys Harmonstown

• 01-02-2012 7:10pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was driving through Harmonstown the other day and noticed a lot of building work goign on in the old Joeys snooker club.I would have taught it was getting done up as something else but it looked like a brand new snooker sign up at the front.

Has anybody heard of it reopening again..?would be great news if it was.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Dub13 wrote: »
    I was driving through Harmonstown the other day and noticed a lot of building work goign on in the old Joeys snooker club.I would have taught it was getting done up as something else but it looked like a brand new snooker sign up at the front.

Has anybody heard of it reopening again..?would be great news if it was.

I heard two years ago that it was opening up again, thought it was just a rumour but hope its true, don't know who the owners are, Joey himself got fed up with the business and retired to look after his racing pigeons.
    Would be great to see it open again, great for snooker in Dublin to have some more clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Omega28

I believe the new owners couldn't get planning permission and I actually think its back open this week?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

A friend of mine works down the road from Joey's and he has been saying the place has been completely renovated inside and might even include a Bar.

Nate

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

All sounds good,hope we can get confirmation soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Joeys is opening Tuesday 14th Feb they have slots and poker etc too. The opening hours are 11.00am- 02.00am 7 days a week

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Joeys is opening Tuesday 14th Feb they have slots and poker etc too. The opening hours are 11.00am- 02.00am 7 days a week

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

thats great to hear, i used to play there regularly in the dublin leagues. along with crossguns is the best club in the northside of the city imo

Nice one.

Im looking forward to it myself, the girlfriend won't be too happy with how we'll be spending valentines day :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Brilliant news, great to see more clubs opening up, i just hope they try and keep the snooker separate from the slots and poker side of things.

So anybody been in yet...?going to try and pop in over the next week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

So anybody been in yet...?going to try and pop in over the next week or so.

I was in there yesterday. The back room that used to have tables 17/18/19 is where the slots and stuff are. The main hall is now split into two sections; there's 6(?) pool tables up the front and also 2 american pool/small snooker tables. Then there's a glass partition wall and door sectioning off the snooker tables down the back. There's 10/12 tables. I took one of the business cards and asked about the rate for the snooker tables (€10/hr). The place is looking very well, new furniture and neon type signs etc. :)

Just back from joeys now, have to say its looking well, I like how it's sectioned off.
    Hopefully it does good business its a great thing for the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sidb76

Been to joeys and it looks really well, if your a casual player though you would be better goin to terry rogers in fairview as it is back open,they have a better variety of full size tables with big or small pocket sizes depending on what suits ye, better snooker cues and its cheaper..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jakemdoran

Hey, could someone (BeanbagBallbag?) give me the new phone number for Joey's? They must've changed it from the one I have found online. Thanks!

jakemdoran wrote: »
    Hey, could someone (BeanbagBallbag?) give me the new phone number for Joey's? They must've changed it from the one I have found online. Thanks!

(01) 818 7633

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭bren2001

Played there a few times since it has reopened. Its a nice venue to play in, very quiet even when full. The 3 hour special is hard to beat on a Saturday (€10).

Last time I was there, I was given a 1 hour free voucher due to the hassle the Gaurds caused when they came in. They were out the front (through the glass partition) didnt even see them.

Anytime I have been in it looks busy,good idea to have a few pool tables they seem to be very busy with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

sidb76 wrote: »
    Been to joeys and it looks really well, if your a casual player though you would be better goin to terry rogers in fairview as it is back open,they have a better variety of full size tables with big or small pocket sizes depending on what suits ye, better snooker cues and its cheaper..

Thanks, i haven't been to terry rogers club in fairview, joey's btw has been done up really well since the new owners took charge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

New mod StephenHendry misses a ball off the spot there;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fedupguessing

Joey's is very cool now. Like the one in Celbridge, they've soundproofed the tables from the rest of the noise.

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »

Just wondering does anyone know is it still 11am they open Saturdays?.

califano wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know is it still 11am they open Saturdays?.

To answer my own question its open from at least 11am and its a great place for the snooker. They do a '3 hours for €10 before 3pm' special on Saturdays which is great value. Place is well kept,tables play good and no shortage of rests of all varieties and triangles by all tables. Think its €10 p/h after this.
    They have a shop where you can get crisps/bars/soft drinks and tea & coffee freshly made in a proper mug is €1. snooker tables are segregated from the pool tables which is mentioned already.

Joeys has closed down unfortunately.

Advertisement