Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Potential Wintry Weather Sunday Night/Monday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just mostly light rain here now, wind is picking up to

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

200motels wrote: »
    Brilliant website micker844posts.

Always great to get some positive feedback. Thanks and much appreciated.

Big change in the last hour here now, a lot more heavier rain lashing off the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Its trying to snow here, just some random flakes so far, 1.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wind here but so far no rain; West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A light covering of snow on the car. Wet snow falling.

Well its stopped raining here and the wind has died down, hopefully it stays like that, heading to fairyhouse in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rain is only now starting to die off here in Cork, been non stop since this morning basically. Still strong gusts of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sleet in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rain has turned to a decent flurry of snow now, ground getting sleety looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Something to keep an eye on, and it won't be me as I am heading for slumberland at midnight local time, there seems to be a circulation south of Wexford that is not really that well analyzed and if it moves north it could change the outcome of today's weather in parts of Leinster in terms of heavier falls of rain or sleet that might become heavier falls of snow on high ground. Now this may be mostly an optical illusion with no future consequences so keep an eye on it just in case 06z models start picking it up and moving it north.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The heavy rain has now reached us. Our local Irish music signature tune ;) West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Something to keep an eye on, and it won't be me as I am heading for slumberland at midnight local time, there seems to be a circulation south of Wexford that is not really that well analyzed and if it moves north it could change the outcome of today's weather in parts of Leinster in terms of heavier falls of rain or sleet that might become heavier falls of snow on high ground. Now this may be mostly an optical illusion with no future consequences so keep an eye on it just in case 06z models start picking it up and moving it north.

Harmonie has picked that up, nothing crazy but certainly going to dump some rain and more than the expected showers that were forecast, radar has visible now.

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/980736821163380739?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

A day like today is the definition of a 'damp squib'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Oops69 wrote: »
    A day like today is the definition of a 'damp squib'

not really, it wasn't going to amount to much (snow). A yellow warning wasn't even issued so I'm not sure what you expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Artane2002 wrote: »
    not really, it wasn't going to amount to much (snow). A yellow warning wasn't even issued so I'm not sure what you expected.
    I was hoping to see some snow even if it melted on impact as per the thread title , I was disappointed so it was a 'damp squib' , I'm not devastated and i'll get over it.. So maybe chill out a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Oops69 wrote: »
    I was hoping to see some snow even if it melted on impact as per the thread title , I was disappointed so it was a 'damp squib' , I'm not devastated and i'll get over it.. So maybe chill out a little.

I'm chilled, i was just wondering what you were expecting considering that no warnings were issued. Where are you located?

Advertisement