Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eachine EX4 / JJRC X12

• 14-01-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Picked up my first ever drone recently on BangGood - the Eachine EX4. Never flown before and was keen to give it a go, so did a bit of research and this seemed a pretty decent beginners drone, good quality but not overly expensive (after discounts and a new year's offer on BangGood, I got it for €160).

I wanted one with a good camera plus a gimbal and this ticked both boxes. Most other drones around this price bracket don't have a gimbal and a lot seemed to have this weird fish-eye camera look which I wanted to avoid.

Anyone have any experience with it? In my research I see it's also sold as the JJRC X12, depending on where you buy from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

This came last week. Really fun flying it around and surprisingly easy to navigate (although I did have to fetch it off the roof on it's first test drive :pac:)

Footage seems good on the phone but I don't have an SD card reader to grab the footage from that yet.

All in all, a very good first drone experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

What sort of flight time did you get with it?

I got about 12 minutes or so on it's first proper run but it did have some battery left. I'll time it next time!

It looks very interesting, but If the max flight was 15-20 mins with 5hrs to charge the battery, I'd defo be looking for spare batteries.

That's a good shout. I know there are some deals including extra batteries on some of the websites.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in the image quality as well. Although I saw on the site that it takes max 32gig SD card so if it was 1080p quality, that could fill quick enough.

Advertisement