Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Conorrr.f

I’m thinking of cancelling my contract due to me no longer living in the house I originally got it for . I’m 5/12 months into my contract and wondering is there a cancellation fee and if so how much is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

€150.00
    If you cancel when you are in contract, a charge of €150.00 per product or the monthly amount for the remaining months of your contract will apply to you, whichever is less
    taken from the virgin media page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

thats not terrible in grand scheme, used to be 250 or something in that range, thou if your half way there is there any chance someone could take over it for you thou ? presuming someone does live there and they would need internet either-way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chiefpleb

Has anyone tried cancelling sky sports due to have nothing on for the next two months nearly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭scanner

I am trying to cancel the TV part of my Virgin Media , wasn't using it anyway , terrible service and only took as heavily discounted for 12 mths, just out of contract and with current issues , wife just laid off.

Problem is nobody appears to be manning phones at the moment , which is understandable , 1908 will only deal with technical queries (sales and accounts are closed )

How do I downgrade my package to basic broadband to reduce my outgoings , I have tried their live chat , nobody there , no one on phones , the only option to change online appears to be to upgrade , not downgrade , does anybody have any ideas .
    Can'y afford large outgoings at the moment

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

scanner wrote: »
    I am trying to cancel the TV part of my Virgin Media , wasn't using it anyway , terrible service and only took as heavily discounted for 12 mths, just out of contract and with current issues , wife just laid off.

Problem is nobody appears to be manning phones at the moment , which is understandable , 1908 will only deal with technical queries (sales and accounts are closed )

How do I downgrade my package to basic broadband to reduce my outgoings , I have tried their live chat , nobody there , no one on phones , the only option to change online appears to be to upgrade , not downgrade , does anybody have any ideas .
    Can'y afford large outgoings at the moment

cheers

I was trying to contact them in regards to another issue and tried live chat and that too and couldnt get anywhere. Nobody was there. I ended up emailing them with my issue and they replied within a day to me. I would guess emailing them is probably the only way to get through to them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Might take companies a week or two to adjust to working from home or social distancing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭scanner

can you give me link to relevant email address to cancel , it must be hidden somewhere , I can find everything from SMS, livechat, "snail mail" but not email
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

chiefpleb wrote: »
    Has anyone tried cancelling sky sports due to have nothing on for the next two months nearly ?

Sky Sports is not a contract thing, you can cancel it whenever, no probs. (Well you could a few years ago, I presume that hasn't changed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

scanner wrote: »
    can you give me link to relevant email address to cancel , it must be hidden somewhere , I can find everything from SMS, livechat, "snail mail" but not email
    thanks

It is not on the site but Cancel@virginmedia.ie should get it. Worked for me recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Any chance of this crowd doing anything with their prices for the times we living in?? .....probably another 2.50 increase of thereabouts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Just got my first bill after the phone calls last month renewing contract , ended up with half price six months and just about full on for the remaining six.

Got the email last month stating what was agreed on phone and this month's bill is in the middle of half price and full price, i am sick of it, same fúckery each year.

derra wrote: »
    Just got my first bill after the phone calls last month renewing contract , ended up with half price six months and just about full on for the remaining six.

Got the email last month stating what was agreed on phone and this month's bill is in the middle of half price and full price, i am sick of it, same fúckery each year.

Did you not get an email at the time confirming details of the agreement?

Sorry I see that you did!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Billing dept. is closed.

derra wrote: »

Same here. Every year the same stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Why can't they just charge everyone a "fair" price with no options for any discounts...

(revenue from customers paying list price + revenue from customers on discounts) / number of customers = fair price for everyone

They'd even save money by not having to employee so many people in billing and customer service. Plus customer satisfaction would improve as there would be no more haggling needed.

Most people don't haggle. So some bean counter thinks its cheaper to do that than employ all these people to haggle. Then a ton of people to fix all the biling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

JDxtra wrote: »
    Why can't they just charge everyone a "fair" price with no options for any discounts...

(revenue from customers paying list price + revenue from customers on discounts) / number of customers = fair price for everyone

They'd even save money by not having to employee so many people in billing and customer service. Plus customer satisfaction would improve as there would be no more haggling needed.

Or different rates for different speeds like UPC did, do most people actually need 240+mb BB .......I have it and honestly can't tell the difference to 50mb's, I certainly notice the difference in 62.50 pm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Agree - most do not need more than 50Mbps really. It only comes into play when you want 'offline' content downloaded fast.

I've 40+ devices on my LAN right now (not a joke). Some kids are some gaming, plus wifi cameras etc. My current usage is hovering around 1.2Mbps/down and 1.6Mbps up.

Normally Netflix UHD uses 15Mbps (thanks to Covid-19 it now uses 7.5Mbpbs), so even if you allowed for 2 of those concurrently there's still loads of room on a 50Mbps connection.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Or different rates for different speeds like UPC did, do most people actually need 240+mb BB .......I have it and honestly can't tell the difference to 50mb's, I certainly notice the difference in 62.50 pm :rolleyes:

Moved to Vodafone in December, 25pm first 6 months then 40pm and I can't tell the difference either. Will never go back at those prices!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hey there, is there anyway to avoid the cancellation fees after 6 months seens as they wont offer me anything to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

I'm planning on signing up for the Virgin Full House 500 at €70 a month for 12 months and then €99 thereafter

https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/

Don't need a phone but it seems to come with the package.

Was wondering if there is any boardies discount or any way of not having to pay the activation fee of €30 or indeed anything to get the price lower?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I was on a 12 month contract broadband and home phone only that just elapsed. Price went up before Christmas there, but let the contract run. Interestingly the home phone now costs €3, where previously I was told there was no additional cost attached. I had the home phone removed, and got 6 months for €29.50, 6 months for €59 after a bit of haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Danny2580 wrote: »
    I was on a 12 month contract broadband and home phone only that just elapsed. Price went up before Christmas there, but let the contract run. Interestingly the home phone now costs €3, where previously I was told there was no additional cost attached. I had the home phone removed, and got 6 months for €29.50, 6 months for €59 after a bit of haggling.

360?

250mb unlimited, lots of streaming here, a fair few devices used in the house, never any issues.

I’m leaving eir for virgin media I just want internet and tv in one room what’s the best deal? Any boardies deals? thanks

If in an area with good reception, use a cheap antenna for the Irish channels, Now TV for sky if needed, amazon firestick with VPN for uk channels {tv player app}. Then just get broadband from virgin media.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

Was with Virgin for two years had the Horizon tv box for the first year which I hated hardly ever used it. Went broadband only price went up to 63 euro pm. Back again with Vodafone ,25 euro first six months offer. Painless transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

vulmac wrote: »
    Was with Virgin for two years had the Horizon tv box for the first year which I hated hardly ever used it. Went broadband only price went up to 63 euro pm. Back again with Vodafone ,25 euro first six months offer. Painless transition.

I am 6 months in...and never had a glitch ! Virgin media is such an overhype for their prices if you just need normal streaming in your home !

Hopefully SIRO will be available in our area soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I am 6 months in...and never had a glitch ! Virgin media is such an overhype for their prices if you just need normal streaming in your home !

Hopefully SIRO will be available in our area soon.

6 months in with who? VM or VF?

Advertisement