Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

brightkane wrote: »
    You need to take into consideration delivery.

the below is a copy and pasta from them.

"Coal Warehouse we ourselves don't do tonne deliveries, we only deliver large quantity orders however we can recommend you courier companies or you can use one of your own choice.
    The 3 we recommend are:
    Liam Connollys which charge €85 per tonne for delivery can ca be contacted on 00442867722998 (card payment).
    Warde Groupage which are €80 per tonne and can be contacted on 00442830263381 (bank transfer).
    McGovern Transport which are €73 per tonne and can be contacted on 0499523342 (bank transfer)"

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of the delivery charge.

I really just wondered if was warehouse wad still the best option for a tonne of ovoids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of the delivery charge.

I really just wondered if was warehouse wad still the best option for a tonne of ovoids

yes in my opinion. Although I can only compare to ecobrites and other ovoids that are sold in the republic, the coalwarehouse ovoids are better and cheaper.

I've been using them a few years now. I must be after buying about 10 tonnes from them at this stage, the quality doesn't seem to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I bought a tonne of black diamond from coal warehouse a couple of years ago and it was awful, full of stones. What's the story like now? Looking for coal to burn in a stanley erin.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Bought a ton of ovoids from CW for my stove last August. Second time to buy from them. Satisfied with their performance when burning with timber. They burn down to a few cinders as I turn down the damper before going to bed and I use them as the base for the following days fire. Small amount of dust and small pieces left at end of bag which I use for slack to bank down the stove some nights. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Anyone buy Polish Coal from the Coalwarehouse recently?

Thinking of ordering a half tonne of it and a half tonne of ovoids.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Anyone buy Polish Coal from the Coalwarehouse recently?

Thinking of ordering a half tonne of it and a half tonne of ovoids.

Did you go for it? I am thinking of trying the polish coal myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I don't know if the quality has improved but I got the Polish Coal from CW a few years ago and it was terrible stuff. I had to clean the fire nearly every day as it was so dirty and left so much of an unburnt mess. I find their ovoids much better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ovoids all the way, so much less messy and little slack

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What coal produces less ash? When I was burning kiln dried wood, I would only need to empty the ash tray every 2-3 days. With coal it is full every day.

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Did you go for it? I am thinking of trying the polish coal myself.

Nah, didn't buy yet. I was hoping someone here would give me a heads up on the quality.

Got some of the bad quality stuff myself a couple of years ago but in fairness they were apologetic and easy to deal with when I complained. I seriously doubt they would stock/sell the same stuff again.

I'm alright for the moment but will probably order half and half next week and will let ye know the craic.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mloc123 wrote: »
    What coal produces less ash? When I was burning kiln dried wood, I would only need to empty the ash tray every 2-3 days. With coal it is full every day.

If you're complaing of wood, you should try turf :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/coal/23659720?campaign=3

See about deal in mallow, cork.

€13 40kg bag coal
    €10 40kg doubles

While stocks last.

CLOSING DOWN SALE!!!! While stocks last

40 kg premium Colombian coal €12 per bag

40 kg Colombian coal €13 per bag

40kg Colombian Doubles €10 per bag

40 Kg Colombian Stove Coal €12.50 per bag

Minimum delivery 20 bags

€1 off per bag if you buy over 25 bags.
    Better discounts with bulk orders

Delivering cork, Kerry and limerick areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Said I would report back once I finished my last bag of CW smokeless ovoids and started the easyglow smokeless ovoids. No real difference in heat output and they burn really well. The only negative I can see is that there can be one or two nuggets left over the next day from a bucket of coal and never had that issue with the CW ovoids. I just leave them in the fire for burning the next day. overall happy enough with the Easyglow coal. Main pro's would be that the ordering process is easier than the CW process but otherwise there isn't much difference between the 2 coals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

physioman wrote: »
    Said I would report back once I finished my last bag of CW smokeless ovoids and started the easyglow smokeless ovoids. No real difference in heat output and they burn really well. The only negative I can see is that there can be one or two nuggets left over the next day from a bucket of coal and never had that issue with the CW ovoids. I just leave them in the fire for burning the next day. overall happy enough with the Easyglow coal. Main pro's would be that the ordering process is easier than the CW process but otherwise there isn't much difference between the 2 coals.

Thanks for the update what about price?

pm. wrote: »
    Thanks for the update what about price?

Just look it up yourself... Jesus some people are lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

physioman wrote: »
    Just look it up yourself... Jesus some people are lazy

Would it not have been as easy to just type what you paid vs CW.... Jesus some people are grumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I ordered 2 ton of CW ovoids today. Price was €600. I asked if there was any reduction for repeat customers and they knocked 20 quid off. It's worth a mention if anyone is ordering again.

pm. wrote: »
    Would it not have been as easy to just type what you paid vs CW.... Jesus some people are grumpy

You could just have googled it. Last time I bought coal from cw was 2 years ago...
    Price has probably changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Ran out of ovoids and got some from 20kg bags of supertherm the local coop and they are total muck, nothing like the usual supertherm and I won’t be getting them again, the bags are 1/4 full of what can only be described and messy goo covered slack and the stove has cinders left the next day which never happens.

Not a bargain but a heads up 2 bags of 20kg for €18 sounded good but it’s crap

The internet isn’t for everyone

Kosyking £25 discount with "money off". Getting cheaper with the pound dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

Following thread a while, was just going to order from local co-op as couldnt be bothered with hassle of organising delivery from a supplier up north.

Local co-op stocks the following:

1. Bord na mona premium oviods
    2. Cosyglo (Arigna)
    3. Supertherm
    4. Eco-brite (Arigna)
    5. Black Diamond - Polish Doubles
    6. Black Diamond - Easiflame Smokeless.

I got Cosyglo back in October and its muck, so wont be getting it again as it leaves a lot of unburned coal in fire.

Wondering of the above which would be the best for an open fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

No idea about open fire but ecobrite arigna is my choice for Stoves. But I'd say it's very good in open fire as well.

Sorry edit.: It says for closed appliances on bag

Looking at Boris Johnson's face there the last few times he's made announcements I think I'll hold tough and wait for sterling to drop before ordering more coal/ovoids from the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

Following thread a while, was just going to order from local co-op as couldnt be bothered with hassle of organising delivery from a supplier up north.

Local co-op stocks the following:

2. Cosyglo (Arigna)
    3. Supertherm
    4. Eco-brite (Arigna)
    5. Black Diamond - Polish Doubles
    6. Black Diamond - Easiflame Smokeless.

I got Cosyglo back in October and its muck, so wont be getting it again as it leaves a lot of unburned coal in fire.

Wondering of the above which would be the best for an open fire?

FYI
    and
    4. Eco-brite (Arigna)

are actually the same ovoid.

nu_90 wrote: »
    No idea about open fire but ecobrite arigna is my choice for Stoves. But I'd say it's very good in open fire as well.

Sorry edit.: It says for closed appliances on bag

Seems like I don't have many good options so....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Seems like I don't have many good options so....

For an open fire I used to mixed singles and doubles 2-1 ratio

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    For an open fire I used to mixed singles and doubles 2-1 ratio

So with the options I have from co-op is the best option a mix of black diamond doubles and singles?

I don't seem to have any other options for doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

New prices post from Coal warehouse on FB.

💥NEW PRICE LIST AS OF MONDAY 6TH APRIL💥

🌟NEW PRICELIST🌟

▪️ Slack - €110 per tonne
    ▪️ Singles - €145 per tonne
    ▪️ Doubles - €205 per tonne
    ▪️ Polish Coal - €205 per tonne
    ▪️ Black Diamond - €240 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Doubles - €240 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Coal - €260 per tonne
    ▪️ Masterheat - €250 per tonne
    ▪️ Union Nuggets - €245 per tonne
    ▪️ Countryblend - €280 per tonne
    ▪️ Clearflame - €280 per tonne
    ▪️ Ovoids - €280 per tonne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

I'm very unhappy with my last delivery of ovoids from CW.

I have been getting ovoids from them since this thread started, probably got about 12 tons in total now. I have always found they burn great, with very little ash left.

However, the last delivery a few weeks back must be a different recipe. I used to have a few shovels of light (in weight) brownish grey ash in the morning but now I have about 20% of the original volume of ovoids in heavy black ash. Heat output seems down as well.

Nothing to be done now but burn through the 2 tons and probably move onto another supplier for my delivery next winter.

• Advertisement

podge3 wrote: »
    I'm very unhappy with my last delivery of ovoids from CW.

I have been getting ovoids from them since this thread started, probably got about 12 tons in total now. I have always found they burn great, with very little ash left.

However, the last delivery a few weeks back must be a different recipe. I used to have a few shovels of light (in weight) brownish grey ash in the morning but now I have about 20% of the original volume of ovoids in heavy black ash. Heat output seems down as well.

Nothing to be done now but burn through the 2 tons and probably move onto another supplier for my delivery next winter.

Did you contact them about it podge?

I was going to order ovoids from them now that the price has dropped but I'm not sure after reading your post.

Advertisement