Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭KBurke85

st1903 wrote: »
    Saw the game has been postponed officially. Anyone know what that means for people with tickets? Refunds or will they be valid on the new date?

I'd imagine tickets will be valid. There will probably be an option for refunds if people can't make the new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

While I’m incredibly annoyed it’s been postponed it could well stand to us.

If we do all we can against France and things go in our favour in the other games we could have a points target to hit that could win us the championship.

Considering how many times we’ve lost on points over the years it would go some way to easing the pain of the game last week.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If we do all we can against France and things go in our favour in the other games we could have a points target to hit that could win us the championship.

I can see more games being postponed/cancelled tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

KBurke85 wrote: »
    I'd imagine tickets will be valid. There will probably be an option for refunds if people can't make the new date.

Yup looks like both alright https://twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/1232709432934649857?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

2 tickets for the Ireland v Italy game needed, block 524 or similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,252 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

trevezel wrote: »
    2 tickets for the Ireland v Italy game or France v Ireland Game needed, block 524 or similar

You OK hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

oh yes, i really feel good..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

FFR haven't got back to me yet about my refund request.

Anyone else having any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

troyzer wrote: »
    FFR haven't got back to me yet about my refund request.

Anyone else having any luck?

Haven’t even heard anything from them to say that the match has been postponed...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

This appeared on the IRFU's Facebook on Friday and disappeared very quickly..... I would have thought if the game's are goin to be rescheduled the tickets would be valid or perhaps they'll give people the option of a refund if they want one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

chris_c wrote: »
    This appeared on the IRFU's Facebook on Friday and disappeared very quickly..... I would have thought if the game's are goin to be rescheduled the tickets would be valid or perhaps they'll give people the option of a refund if they want one.

I had assumed that that would be the case.

We're all still planning on going to the game in October, so refunds aren't on the menu as far as we were concerned,but the lack of anything coming from the FFR is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with package sites for the six nations? Obviously there is a bit of uncertainty around it now but I was looking at getting a package as a present for either a trip to Cardiff or Edinburgh for next years 6 nations game. I know you pay over the top a bit but the security of having guaranteed tickets is a pretty big factor. Is there sites that are better than others or ones that should be avoided?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Usually the packages offered exclude tickets but have tickets available at extra cost. Ten years ago I would have told you that Edinburgh was easy to sort yourself but last year there was no public sale of tickets, and never for Wales either.

I can recommend Rugby Travel Ireland. Have travelled with a few companies in the past but they are head and shoulders above the others IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Caranica wrote: »
    Usually the packages offered exclude tickets but have tickets available at extra cost. Ten years ago I would have told you that Edinburgh was easy to sort yourself but last year there was no public sale of tickets, and never for Wales either.

I can recommend Rugby Travel Ireland. Have travelled with a few companies in the past but they are head and shoulders above the others IMO.

Yeah I was thinking that the days of scalping a ticket outside are getting more scarce and paying the extra money for the security of having a ticket would be worth it for me. I have signed up to alerts from rugby travel Ireland thanks for your help I have no experience of looking into these kind of areas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Caranica wrote: »

There were loads of tickets available for the Wales match. I got them on public sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kb1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

kb1989 wrote: »

Interestingly, according to that link the FFR have cancelled all the tickets and they will not be valid for the re-scheduled game but on their own site, the FFR are saying that they are working with the government on the conditions for public access and will communicate to ticket holders in due course.

https://www.ffr.fr/actualites/equipes-de-france/tournoi-des-vi-nations-france-irlande

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I just want a refund for the French tickets at this stage. I did move my flights to that wend but won’t be traveling for it, can’t take two weeks off for a Wend. Don’t want to be in a crowd yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭blackwhite

IRFU have asked clubs to get all France tickets back from whomever they were distributed to, and will be issuing refunds to the clubs.

Not sure how it’ll work for anyone who puchased directly from FFR or from other sources

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

pc7 wrote: »
    I just want a refund for the French tickets at this stage. I did move my flights to that wend but won’t be traveling for it, can’t take two weeks off for a Wend. Don’t want to be in a crowd yet either.

Can't see any spectators being allowed for that game.

Worst case if the FFR don't refund you (assuming you bought from them), do a charge back with your bank.

You purchased a ticket for a certain date and if they change that then they have broken the contract and the good/service is no longer what you paid for.

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »
    IRFU have asked clubs to get all France tickets back from whomever they were distributed to, and will be issuing refunds to the clubs.

Not sure how it’ll work for anyone who puchased directly from FFR or from other sources

I'm presuming the FFR will just refund us straight back whenever it becomes clear that we CAN'T attend. As it stands I'm sure they'll be delaying it as long as possible.

I haven't received anything from them at all outside of the initial confirmation email when I got tickets.

According to their website wrt the U20 cancellation:
    FFR wrote:
    Concerning the France-Ireland match of the Six Nations U20 Tournament and due to the constraints of the season's calendar, it has been decided that the match will not be played. There will therefore be no winner of the 2020 Tournament. Supporters who have purchased their tickets on the official network of the FFR will be fully reimbursed. An email will be sent to them shortly to inform them of the repayment terms.

For all questions relating to reimbursement and ticketing, the FFR invites ticket holders to send their requests to billetterie@ffr.fr .

EDIT:

A pop up on the ticket website says:
    “Dear spectator, dear spectator,

Ticket holders for matches organized by the FFR and postponed following the health crisis linked to the Covid19 epidemic can keep their tickets, which will be valid on the new date set to play the match (s) *.

A refund will also be possible for anyone unable to attend the postponed match, the terms and conditions will be specified when the new dates are announced.

France Rugby thanks you for your understanding and remains at your disposal at the address refund@ffr.fr »

* Matches concerned:

- XV of France / Ireland - Stade de France

- France / Ireland women - Stadium of Villeneuve d'Ascq

- France U20 / Ireland U20 - Aimé-Giral Stadium in Perpignan

- HSBC Paris Sevens - Stade Jean-Bouin - Paris

That pop up was there prior to today’s announcement.

That pop up was there prior to today’s announcement.

Probably.

I haven't been on the website since November/December I would say.

OK, here's what to do if you purchased from the FFR directly...

1. Log into https://billetterie.ffr.fr/
    2. Click your name at the top right.
    3. Click ANNULATION DE MES COMMANDES
    4. Tick the box beside the tickets you want a refund for
    5. Click DEMANDER D'ANNULATION
    6. Wait

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

I bought directly from FFR. I applied for a refund a few months ago, and again last week. I also emailed them at remboursement@ffr.fr asking that the refund be processed. I got a reply which is google translated as follows:

Hello,

We have taken note of your request. The refund process is underway, we have encountered bugs in the implementation of the process, which causes delays, we are doing what is necessary to regularize the situation. We will keep you informed as soon as your account is credited.
    Thanks again for your understanding.

cordially

Bruno Ajorque
    Ticketing Assistant
    FRENCH RUGBY FEDERATION
    Marketing Sales and Events Department
    3-5 rue Jean de Montaigu / 91463 Marcoussis Cedex

Yeah got the same

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

OK, here's what to do if you purchased from the FFR directly...

1. Log into https://billetterie.ffr.fr/
    2. Click your name at the top right.
    3. Click ANNULATION DE MES COMMANDES
    4. Tick the box beside the tickets you want a refund for
    5. Click DEMANDER D'ANNULATION
    6. Wait

Have you received the refund after doing it this way?

Have you received the refund after doing it this way?

It’s not immediate. I got those instructions from Bruno in the FFR, and a day or so after I put in for the refund I got the above email from the same Bruno.

Anyone get an update or anything since the last email? Nothing this this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

pc7 wrote: »
    Anyone get an update or anything since the last email? Nothing this this.

I havent got any response / update / refund. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since Bruno in FFR advised that he was fixing the bug. Maybe time to send him a reminder - I will send one tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement