Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple Watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ordered the Nike series 5 went with the silver this time as the space grey finish does not hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Ordered the Nike series 5 went with the silver this time as the space grey finish does not hold up.
    What's the advantage of the Nike Series over the regular? I know you get extra faces....

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

I'm torn between the two colours but your experience with space grey could swing it! Issues with scratching?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    What's the advantage of the Nike Series over the regular? I know you get extra faces....

just prefer the band tbh.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    I'm torn between the two colours but your experience with space grey could swing it! Issues with scratching?

the colour is great but over time the coating starts to cip away on the underside and around the digital crown. it happened on my the first edition apple watch, and i had thought it would have been sorted when i upgraded to the series two but it hasnt. ive had either one of them or both replaced under warranty at some stage due to it now it didnt happen straight away but for a premium product id expect the finish to hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I ordered a space gray, but I really don't know if I should cancel and get the silver instead. I really like both colours, I ordered space gray with the gray sport loop band. but I think the silver suits more of the bands, especially that blue and yellow band which I think is really nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I got my space grey series 4 a couple of months ago and it got it's first bounce off a wall last week, safe to say there's a horrifc scratch on it now where the colour scraped away... :(

Is ordering on hold now? I’m getting a splash screen saying it starts at 1pm.

store offline till iphone pre orders start today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

store offline till iphone pre orders start today
    What a crock. Had my basket all ready to go late last night and wanted to review this morning before pulling the trigger :)

Ok pulled the trigger! Went with the 40mm aluminium case and Alaskan Blue Sport strap. Estimated deliver is 23rd to the 25th of September. This is my first Apple Watch so very excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Ok pulled the trigger! Went with the 40mm aluminium case and Alaskan Blue Sport strap. Estimated deliver is 23rd to the 25th of September. This is my first Apple Watch so very excited.

Enjoy. You won't regret buying this. :):)

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Enjoy. You won't regret buying this. :):)

I've held off for various reasons on the older generations, but the combination of the reduced bezels, always on screen and improved battery life really swung it for me. I got a FitBit Versa last year to convince myself that I didn't need to spend the money on an Apple Watch.... yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Still no cellular plan in Ireland :/

I've held off for various reasons on the older generations, but the combination of the reduced bezels, always on screen and improved battery life really swung it for me. I got a FitBit Versa last year to convince myself that I didn't need to spend the money on an Apple Watch.... yeah.
    I wanted to get a S4 if they dropped in price, but was ready to go for an S3 with the price drop. Then I saw a side by side comparison and honestly the bezels on the S3 and below are just way too big. That in addition to always on display made me put down the cash for the S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Still no cellular plan in Ireland :/

Thats another thing that really bugs me about the networks here. Always last to every party!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Thats another thing that really bugs me about the networks here. Always last to every party!!:(

This doesn't look like its ever going to happen at this stage?

Does anyone have a Garmin that they use for running and and iphone for general day to day use?

I run a lot and it doesn't look like the apple watch would be able to replace the Garmin 5+ that I have.

Also, if I order an apple watch and use it for 1 week and don't like it, will apple give me a full refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

digiman wrote: »
    This doesn't look like its ever going to happen at this stage?

Does anyone have a Garmin that they use for running and and iphone for general day to day use?

I run a lot and it doesn't look like the apple watch would be able to replace the Garmin 5+ that I have.

Also, if I order an apple watch and use it for 1 week and don't like it, will apple give me a full refund?

What does your Garmin do that you the Apple Watch can't do? I use the Strava app on my Apple Watch when running and leave the phone at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

digiman wrote: »

Nope, I don’t know any in demand established product that does this. Maybe Tesla but they are new.

If you order by phone or online and get it delivered by post you have 14 days to change your mind as long as you don’t open the box or remove the plastic around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

I bought a Series 4 in Tokyo, thinking I was being cute and saving a few quid. Turns out the ECG function isn't approved in Japan, and my watch somehow thinks it's in Japan and is subject to Japanese regulations.

So even though the watch is here in Ireland, and the tech has been switched on in Ireland, my watch won't do it. Not until it's approved in Japan, which it probably won't be.

Humph. I'm contemplating selling it to partially fund an upgrade to a series 5, but I'll have to tell prospective buyers that the ECG doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Nope, I don’t know any in demand established product that does this. Maybe Tesla but they are new.

If you order by phone or online and get it delivered by post you have 14 days to change your mind as long as you don’t open the box or remove the plastic around it.

Actually Apple have a generous return policy. You have 14 days to return it even if it’s used so long as it’s not damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Actually Apple have a generous return policy. You have 14 days to return it even if it’s used so long as it’s not damaged.

That’s just standard distance selling rules, which all companies (eu) have to abide by. There are exceptions of course. You can’t return a pair of jocks having opened them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

That’s just standard distance selling rules, which all companies (eu) have to abide by. There are exceptions of course. You can’t return a pair of jocks having opened them.

From CPW website, assuming it’s the same rules as the phone operators:

CHANGE OF MIND:
    Get a full refund on any mobile broadband modem, phone or accessory if you return it within 14 working days of receipt. This is in accordance with distance selling regulations. The item must be returned with its original box and all items that were included within. If a phone has been activated, it may not be possible for us to refund the full amount. If an item shows sign of usage or damage, your refund may be reduced to cover the costs to us of this usage or damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Nope it's an Apple worldwide policy for any purchases made either in an Apple Store or online - you basically have a 14 day trial. Of course as I type this I realise there are no Apple stores in Ireland but in North America they allow you to return all Apple products (including Airpods) to an Apple store even if used.

How accurate are the estimated shipping dates normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

How accurate are the estimated shipping dates normally?

Apple alway under promise and over deliver on delivery dates.

Worse case scenario you’ll get it on the date they say it’ll come.

What company/courier do Apple use to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

DHL usually

DHL or ups

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Just ordered my first ⌚️ rose gold and black strap. So excited!!! I hope now to get the full use out of it 😉

Advertisement