Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Binge watched how not to summon a demon lord, bit of a slow starter but develops into a quality show with great humour

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What are people finding worth watching in the new season so far? I did not really find any go to once in the preview and hence I've so far watched episode one of:
    • Namu Amida Butsu! - Rendai Utena - Will continue for now; very nice colors etc.
    • Kimetsu no Yaiba - Beautiful animation but I don't see the main character keeping me interested
    • Fairy Gone - There is something off in the sharpness or colors for me; can't quite place my finger on it. The story did not grip me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Nody wrote: »
    What are people finding worth watching in the new season so far? I did not really find any go to once in the preview and hence I've so far watched episode one of:
    • Namu Amida Butsu! - Rendai Utena - Will continue for now; very nice colors etc.
    • Kimetsu no Yaiba - Beautiful animation but I don't see the main character keeping me interested
    • Fairy Gone - There is something off in the sharpness or colors for me; can't quite place my finger on it. The story did not grip me at all.

Not planning on anything, might give Fruits Basket a chance since it was well liked in the day and the original author is supervising. Interested in Carole & Tuesday as well but its Netflix so who knows when it will be available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

megaten wrote: »
    Not planning on anything, might give Fruits Basket a chance since it was well liked in the day and the original author is supervising. Interested in Carole & Tuesday as well but its Netflix so who knows when it will be available.
    Thank you for the proposal of Fruits Basket; added that one along with One Punch Man S2 to the season list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GulaLai

Daughter of Twenty Faces, Black Lagoon, Downloading Baccano and this week for watching at the weekend, Casshern Sins and starting Shakugan no Shana this week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kimetsu no yaiba anime is unbelievable gorgeous to look at

Ufotable have to be the best anime studio around at the moment

Headshot wrote: »
    kimetsu no yaiba anime is unbelievable gorgeous to look at

Ufotable have to be the best anime studio around at the moment

Agreed,one of my fav anime series of this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

I was really iffy on it at the start but it has turned out to be really good so far.

Fireforce, Dr. Stone, and Are You Lost are ones I watch as soon as they're out too.

Evade wrote: »
    I was really iffy on it at the start but it has turned out to be really good so far.

Fireforce, Dr. Stone, and Are You Lost are ones I watch as soon as they're out too.

All of the above and arifureta shokugyou de sekai saikyou

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jus dropping my love of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. Latest episode was simply astounding, and by far the best looking anime out there right now. It was hard to watch One Piece after Demon Slayer last night, the visual quality difference was night and day. Still love One Piece, but Demon Slayer is hurtling towards the top of the list now. Definitely in my top 3!

• Advertisement

Jus dropping my love of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. Latest episode was simply astounding, and by far the best looking anime out there right now. It was hard to watch One Piece after Demon Slayer last night, the visual quality difference was night and day. Still love One Piece, but Demon Slayer is hurtling towards the top of the list now. Definitely in my top 3!

Agreed it was awesome! Pulled on the heart strings haha

Pretty sure I watched the hit about 12 times. Just beautiful to look at.

Was that the first time Nezuko has spoken since episode 1? Un un aside of course which I am told is considered a word in Japanese.

I believe so. Only a matter of time before she can remove that mouth piece anyway.

So I've blown through the first season of 'Is it wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon?', and while it started slow it really ramped up and by the 13th episode finale it was crazy good. Doesn't look as nice as Demon Slayer, but still looks well. Does have a bit more shouty parts than some others, about the same as Black Clover, but with a female screechy voice instead. I recommend it.

So I've blown through the first season of 'Is it wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon?', and while it started slow it really ramped up and by the 13th episode finale it was crazy good. Doesn't look as nice as Demon Slayer, but still looks well. Does have a bit more shouty parts than some others, about the same as Black Clover, but with a female screechy voice instead. I recommend it.
    The second season is on now, it's good so far.

Aye, I'm 3 episodes in and I had to go to bed then! Was going to watch the rest tonight, but the VR update for No Mans Sky is out, so yeah.

Binged season 1 and 2 within 2.5days! Awesome show,not as good looking as other anime but does enough to make up for that with its story telling

Demon Slayer needs more Shinobu.

Vinland may be popping demon slayer as my current favourite anime of 2019

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Vinland may be popping demon slayer as my current favourite anime of 2019

Oh that does look pretty. It would want to be fair good to knock Demon Slayer though. I have Demon Slayer at the top of best looking Animes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still one more season of the year to go with two of the most anticipated shows of the year starting, Ascendance of a Bookwork and Infinite Dendrobium. Can't be worse than the Arifureta adaptation or Index S3.

Arifureta has an extremely bad adaptation, everything is very shoddy and half assed. Only ln I can think of that got a worse anime is Master of Ragnorok which somehow squeezed 9 pretty long volumes into a 13 episode series.

Oh that does look pretty. It would want to be fair good to knock Demon Slayer though. I have Demon Slayer at the top of best looking Animes.

Looks wise it doesn't compare but the storyline more than makes up for it.apparently studio wit are delaying season 4 of AOT to focus on Vinland

Looks wise it doesn't compare but the storyline more than makes up for it.apparently studio wit are delaying season 4 of AOT to focus on Vinland

No, they are delaying season 4 of AoT until the manga is finished. The manga will probably be finished within the next 8 chapters at most.

Gutted that Season 1 of Demon Slayer has concluded. Cant wait to see how it all develops next season!

Gutted that Season 1 of Demon Slayer has concluded. Cant wait to see how it all develops next season!

Movie next covering the Infinite Train arc. The arc has concluded in the English release, still a 70 chapter gap after it in the official release though.

Movie next covering the Infinite Train arc. The arc has concluded in the English release, still a 70 chapter gap after it in the official release though.

There's a 70 chapter gap between the conclusion and train arc?

Yeah really looking forward to the movie, the anime is visually amazing can't wait to see it in the big screen edition

There's a 70 chapter gap between the conclusion and train arc?

Yeah really looking forward to the movie, the anime is visually amazing can't wait to see it in the big screen edition

No, there is a 70 chapter gap between the end of the train arc, where the tankubons currently are, and the start of the simulpub in the official English release of the manga.

The train arc lasts for about 17 chapters.

In case anyone else is interested, Crunchyroll have the Legend of the Galactic Heroes movies that are coming out over the rest of the year split into episode sized chunks this season. The first one is out already.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    In case anyone else is interested, Crunchyroll have the Legend of the Galactic Heroes movies that are coming out over the rest of the year split into episode sized chunks this season. The first one is out already.

Hi-dive have all of the old ovas too.

Advertisement