Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comics for Younger Readers

• 29-08-2019 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

My son (7) is obsessed with anything Marvel and also enjoys reading.
    Just wondering where can you buy the original type comics?
    I've tried Easons but they seem to only have graphic novels or comics with hard spines.
    Are the original type comics available anymore?
    Any information would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭raddo

OSI wrote:
    Where are you based. Plenty of actual comic book stores around Dublin. Pretty sure I've seen a couple of Eason's with the regular issues as well.

Based in Cork. I'll have another look in easons but pretty sure they only had the ones with hard spines, nearly mini graphic novels?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Unless it's changed a lot, Other Realms (upstairs in the Paul Street shopping centre) should have a fair selection of single issue comics as well as collections.

Having said that, a lot of ongoing comic series aren't great for just picking up an issue blind. And there may be content that's not age-appropriate, so it's worth checking before you buy.

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

raddo wrote: »
    Based in Cork. I'll have another look in easons but pretty sure they only had the ones with hard spines, nearly mini graphic novels?
    You could have a look in Comic Vault (Facebook page) on Oliver Plunkett Street Lower.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement