Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Decent first game for the super rugby aotearoa brand.
    Fast, skillful, playing away from contact, offloads and one side monstering the set piece....
    What we've come to expect from kiwi rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

how'd regan get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

https://youtu.be/GaB96NLVoFk

Short highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

bayern wrote: »
    how'd regan get on?

He was named in the starting XV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    He was named in the starting XV

and how'd he play?

• Advertisement

how'd regan get on?

quite good i thought

he got 65 mins, has a bit of a dog about him...
    lovely hands for link play, not afraid to set it out the back

i think he did enough to challenge Selby-Rickit and Evans for a place in the 23 going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

how'd regan get on?

I learnt his dad is called Daithi and won 3 all Ireland medals for Offaly (fair play to the NZ comms). Other than a push and shove with Joe moody he didn’t really stand out in a well beaten pack. Didn’t disgrace himself though.

lots of questions for clarke dermody after that game.

destroyed in the scrum, our maul was toothless and messy and lineout defence was non existant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Only saw the first half before sleep took me again. And on mute. The handbags at the start - there were 3/4 open palm slaps to the head and no further sanction. What was the ref's take on it?

Taylor's try was lovely, though the full back didn't look like he really wanted to make a tackle. Thought there was some rustiness with knock-ons, but both teams looking to play. Classic NZ approach of going for tries rather than take pen kicks at goal opportunities too :D

How did the new laws about kicking to regain possession at lineout work out? Edit: Thanks, sydthebeat - got my Super Rugbys mixed up :)

🤪

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/m_brosnan/status/1365193792769331202

Handbags from Moody on Regan for those who missed it.

Edit: Regan participated in a haka too! Will have to give it a rewatch as I only caught the 2nd half.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Only saw the first half before sleep took me again. And on mute. The handbags at the start - there were 3/4 open palm slaps to the head and no further sanction. What was the ref's take on it?

Taylor's try was lovely, though the full back didn't look like he really wanted to make a tackle. Thought there was some rustiness with knock-ons, but both teams looking to play. Classic NZ approach of going for tries rather than take pen kicks at goal opportunities too :D How did the new laws about kicking to regain possession at lineout work out?

thats only in aussie rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

hahashake wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/m_brosnan/status/1365193792769331202

Handbags from Moody on Regan for those who missed it.

Edit: Regan participated in a haka too! Will have to give it a rewatch as I only caught the 2nd half.

That's shameful from the officiating team. They shouldn't be within an arse's roar of another game after letting Moody away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That's shameful from the officiating team. They shouldn't be within an arse's roar of another game after letting Moody away with that.

It was nothing. As the coms said, handbags. If Regan had let go, Moody would have stopped slapping and pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

If he can do a haka he can take a slap. I am sure he has had worse out on a Friday night in Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Bizarre, that wasn't even a yellow? Ask me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Is that lad from Drogheda playing for any of the Oz sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another great game so far this morning. The Rugby Pass subscription paying its way. So frustrating to see all the Sky branding all over the place and not a hint of rugby on Sky Sports.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s Sky NZ, they have absolutely no connection with Sky (Comcast), the name is coincidental.

And be careful what you wish for! They are out of rugby now, but could be back in quickly if a report in the Times this week is to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

icdg wrote: »
    It’s Sky NZ, they have absolutely no connection with Sky (Comcast), the name is coincidental.

And be careful what you wish for! They are out of rugby now, but could be back in quickly if a report in the Times this week is to be believed.

I just want a proper rugby channel. It's shambolic that it's spread across BT, Premier, Eir, TG4, S4C, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Virgin, Sky, Amazon and now RugbyPass. I'll very happily pay for a rugby channel, it's just the other stuff I don't need.

Back to today, that conversion kick looked over, commentators said one of the officials said it hit the post but I didn't see that live or in any replays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Caranica wrote: »
    I just want a proper rugby channel. It's shambolic that it's spread across BT, Premier, Eir, TG4, S4C, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Virgin, Sky, Amazon and now RugbyPass. I'll very happily pay for a rugby channel, it's just the other stuff I don't need.

Back to today, that conversion kick looked over, commentators said one of the officials said it hit the post but I didn't see that live or in any replays.

Hit the post were the posts extended upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpyBnnH1No

Blues vs Hurricanes highlights

Brumbies won 61 - 10 v the tahs.

Two weeks in a row they have shipped record losses against their opponents

Rob penny must be under fierce pressure of the sack now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Caranica wrote: »

I would say at this stage our only hope is the EU. It will take someone like them to bring in laws regarding digital rights management before it is all sorted out. And the reality is rugby is small fry. More likely they would open an investigation if soccer was seen as price gouging. But outside of the UK and Ireland I am not sure if the other EU countries get screwed over on soccer coverage. Anyway a solution won't be coming anytime soon.

hahashake wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbpyBnnH1No

Blues vs Hurricanes highlights

Because they didn't include the full build-up in the highlights:
    https://twitter.com/brettruganalyst/status/1365607354197237761

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Is that lad from Drogheda playing for any of the Oz sides?

Michael McDonald, in the western force squad this year, was with the waratahs last season.

Bizarre, that wasn't even a yellow? Ask me arse.

FYI the ref said it should have been yellow:

https://youtu.be/6Yemh2EaaG0?t=978

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Michael McDonald, in the western force squad this year, was with the waratahs last season.

Glad he left the Force, at lest there's, no more running down the wrong road ...

Glad he left the Force, at lest there's, no more running down the wrong road ...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Regan starting again for the Highlanders, and Fakatava/Ioane as the starting 9/10 combo.

Advertisement