Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Rugby 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Never understood changing the logo but not the name. surely would make more sense to do the reverse and change it the Knights or something similar. I think the U20 still is the Knights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

New Zealand Rugby have done a deal with RugbyPass to provide Super Rugby Aotearoa coverage in 100 territories - including the UK, Ireland, Europe, Asia and the Middle East – for the 2021 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭swiwi_

New Zealand Rugby have done a deal with RugbyPass to provide Super Rugby Aotearoa coverage in 100 territories - including the UK, Ireland, Europe, Asia and the Middle East – for the 2021 season.

COUNTRIES WHERE YOU CAN WATCH SUPER RUGBY AOTEAROA WITH RUGBYPASS:
    Afghanistan, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Channel Islands, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, French Speaking Switzerland, Gaza Strip, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marianas, Marshall Islands, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Nepal, Netherlands, North Korea, Northern Ireland, Northern Marianas, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Wales, West Bank, Yemen.

For a second there I was like FFS. Then I saw “French Speaking Switzerland”. No idea how you geoblock German and Italian speaking switzerland.

Maybe they have a box to tick. Do you speak French, you’re alright so. Do you speak German or Italian, f*ck off you spaghetti eating krauts.

Nb: LOL - West Bank and the Gaza Strip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Great to have the option to watch it. Pity the first few rounds until the clocks change are on at 6am...

Something to look forward to in April when the move to 8am.

I wonder with super rugby oz try and so a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Eu9dURNXcAIDGUl?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Never used RugbyPass before so hopefully one of you guys can help. Do you have to watch the matches live or they saved on the site to watch later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Never used RugbyPass before so hopefully one of you guys can help. Do you have to watch the matches live or they saved on the site to watch later?

either or.

I have to say I am getting sick of all these different sports/entertainment services. I am currently paying for Sky, BT, Eir, Amazon Prime, Netflix and now I', going to have to RugbyPass. FFS :mad::mad: Another bill I have to hide from the wife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I have to say I am getting sick of all these different sports/entertainment services. I am currently paying for Sky, BT, Eir, Amazon Prime, Netflix and now I', going to have to RugbyPass. FFS :mad::mad: Another bill I have to hide from the wife :D

People pay for Eir?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Eu8ryC7VIAEMlg9?format=jpg&name=small

Conor Garden-Bachop is one to watch out for this season I reckon. Also unreal to see Regan getting a start.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,974 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i dont pay for sky or eir from that list.. but i do the others.

got rid of sky as their rugby coverage is now pathetic

People pay for Eir?!

Purely to watch the Pro 14. Don't think I've ever watched anything else on it. How do you watch Leinster's sorry, I mean Munster's matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Purely to watch the Pro 14. Don't think I've ever watched anything else on it. How do you watch Leinster's sorry, I mean Munster's matches?

I get Eir Sport free with Eir broadband.

I couldn't imagine paying a seperate sub. There is **** all on the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Conor Garden-Bachop is one to watch out for this season I reckon. Also unreal to see Regan getting a start.

Was looking forwars to seeing bachop last year but he missed the whole thing due to injury i think. Good to see him back.

Was looking forwars to seeing bachop last year but he missed the whole thing due to injury i think. Good to see him back.

I assume he is related to Graham and Steven Bachop.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I assume he is related to Graham and Steven Bachop.

Yeah Stephen Bachop is his da and his brother is Jackson Garden-Bachop the fly half.

The Hurricanes squad to face the Blues is:

1 FRASER ARMSTRONG
    2 ASAFO AUMUA
    3 TYREL LOMAX
    4 JAMES BLACKWELL
    5 SCOTT SCRAFTON
    6 VAEA FIFITA
    7 ARDIE SAVEA [C]
    8 DEVAN FLANDERS
    9 JONATHAN TAUMATEINE
    10 JACKSON GARDEN-BACHOP
    11 JULIAN SAVEA
    12 NGANI LAUMAPE
    13 BILLY PROCTOR
    14 WES GOOSEN
    15 JORDIE BARRETT

RESERVES
    16. RICKY RICCITELLI
    17. XAVIER NUMIA
    18. ALEX FIDOW
    19. REED PRINSEP
    20. DU’PLESSIS KIRIFI
    21. LUKE CAMPBELL
    22. PETER UMAGA-JENSEN
    23. SALESI RAYASI

The Blues team to play the Hurricanes is:

15 Stephen Perofeta, 14 Mark Telea, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 Harry Plummer, 11 Caleb Clarke, 10 Otere Black, 9 Sam Nock; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu (C), 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Kurt Eklund, 1 James Lay.

Reserves: 16 Luteru Tolai, 17 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 18 Ofa Tuungafasi, 19 Josh Goodhue, 20 Tom Robinson, 21 Adrian Choat, 22 Jonathan Ruru, 23 Tanielu Tele’a.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

The Blues team to play the Hurricanes is:

15 Stephen Perofeta, 14 Mark Telea, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 Harry Plummer, 11 Caleb Clarke, 10 Otere Black, 9 Sam Nock; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu (C), 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Kurt Eklund, 1 James Lay.

Reserves: 16 Luteru Tolai, 17 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 18 Ofa Tuungafasi, 19 Josh Goodhue, 20 Tom Robinson, 21 Adrian Choat, 22 Jonathan Ruru, 23 Tanielu Tele’a.

Blues solving the problem of having 3 relatively good 10s with no frontrunner by picking all 3.

Canes look weak in the halves and second row but otherwise not too bad. Will be interesting to see if Julian can justify his position.

Tough to pick as canes are at home but I will say Blues by 10.

hahashake wrote: »
    Blues solving the problem of having 3 relatively good 10s with no frontrunner by picking all 3.

Canes look weak in the halves and second row but otherwise not too bad. Will be interesting to see if Julian can justify his position.

Tough to pick as canes are at home but I will say Blues by 10.

Saw a comment on Facebook saying "thats not a backline, thats 3 wingers, 3 first-fives and an angry flanker who can pass". :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Been looking at the RugbyPass sign up page and it seems that the only way for the moment to view on a TV is the old laptop & HDMI cable solution?. It seems this is on a separate platform to the main RugbyPass and there’s no Chromecast support or app. Kinda lessens the appeal considerably (and the €40 for NZ derbies only is already a hard sell).

https://www.rugbypass.com/live-super-rugby/

icdg wrote: »
    Been looking at the RugbyPass sign up page and it seems that the only way for the moment to view on a TV is the old laptop & HDMI cable solution?. It seems this is on a separate platform to the main RugbyPass and there’s no Chromecast support or app. Kinda lessens the appeal considerably (and the €40 for NZ derbies only is already a hard sell).

Can it not be watched through your browser on your TV?

There’s an app for Apple TV and you can also AirPlay. If you’re on android then that’ll learn you.

23 games for €40 is less than €2 a game. Hardly exhorbitant pricing imo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Can it not be watched through your browser on your TV?

I wouldn’t wish the web browser on my five year old LG TV on my worst enemy!
    swiwi_ wrote: »
    There’s an app for Apple TV and you can also AirPlay. If you’re on android then that’ll learn you.

23 games for €40 is less than €2 a game. Hardly exhorbitant pricing imo.

I am on Apple! Airplay would work the treat. However are you sure there’s a specific app for this? My understanding from what is stated on the page I linked to is that this is completely separate from the existing RugbyPass app.

I wouldn’t wish the web browser on my five year old LG TV on my worst enemy!

I am on Apple! Airplay would work the treat. However are you sure there’s a specific app for this? My understanding from what is stated on the page I linked to is that this is completely separate from the existing RugbyPass app.

I’ll have to see. Effectively RugbyPass redirects to liverugby.net not sure how that works. I’ll probably try running through phone and AirPlay to tv.

Nice response.

SH 9s just seen to hand such an ability to pass flat and wide as far away from the ruck as possible

Damn that's a gorgeous try

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TeholB

Lovely try from Bachop
    Hall looked ahead of the kicker for Crusaders 2nd

Some of the super rugby variations this season are all class. I’m loving the “crowd”. Basically you let a group of people (called spectators) into the ground. They cheer and generally provide what’s called “atmosphere”. Hopefully it’s tried up north.

• Advertisement

Can confirm that can stream to tv via Apple play. In HD.

Advertisement