Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Inn

Options
  • 18-10-2020 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Looking for opinions on living in New Inn?

Two young boys who will be starting school in next year or two. Is there a creche/montessori/playschool in New Inn? Where would most boys go to secondary school from the the boys school? What sort of clubs and groups are there for adults and kids? Much social events?

We'd like to be part of a community without everyone living in your pocket ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

pooch90 wrote: »
    Looking for opinions on living in New Inn?

Two young boys who will be starting school in next year or two. Is there a creche/montessori/playschool in New Inn? Where would most boys go to secondary school from the the boys school? What sort of clubs and groups are there for adults and kids? Much social events?

We'd like to be part of a community without everyone living in your pocket ;)

I don’t live in new inn, but there’s a girl in my boys class who’s from there, and they went to a preschool called little treasures, which is definitely around there somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭pooch90

jlm29 wrote: »
    I don’t live in new inn, but there’s a girl in my boys class who’s from there, and they went to a preschool called little treasures, which is definitely around there somewhere!

Found it online, thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Why not move down the road to Cahir, a beautiful little charming town, you have everything there.

Great schools, bus service and limited train service, good restaurants.

And your children can experience a bit of living while they are growing up.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Why not move down the road to Cahir, a beautiful little charming town, you have everything there.

Great schools, bus service and limited train service, good restaurants.

And your children can experience a bit of living while they are growing up.

I do love Cahir but its rural we want. And Cahir is pretty much your main town in New Inn anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

New Inn is a very quaint little village.

They have fibre broadband there which is a big plus but the shop there is closed and I don't know will it ever reopen :(

Nearest shop would be Cashel (depending on what side of New Inn your on) which is a bit of a pain

• Advertisement

The fibre broadband is a massive plus for us. The sign in the shop said it was being refurbished, is that in doubt?
    The pubs are open (when not in lockdown) aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

upupup wrote: »

I saw the photos online, it looks class. Not within our 5km though :(

Advertisement