Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone

• 11-12-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been a Vodafone Ireland customer for over a year now and last December my internet stopped working, I went into my local Vodafone shop trying to resolve the issue. The workers in the shop tried to resolve it and told me my internet should be back and running again in the next 2-3 days. Nearly a week had passed and my internet still was not working so I went into the shop again to which another worker told me that my payment has been delayed and it should take another few days (however the money had been taken out of my bank account). The workers in the shop clearly did not have any idea what to do and could not help me and were very unprofessional.

After three attempts of trying to resolve my internet issues with no success Vodafone cancelled my contract without informing me of their actions. Nearly a year later I got a letter in the post stating that Vodafone Ireland and CMOS have made “numerous attempts” in contacting me, however I have had no communication with this agency.
    I do not appreciate threats of a legal actions from a third party agency and I am disgusted with the treatment Vodafone Ireland provides their customers with. If a bill had been sent from Vodafone to me it would have been paid- as all the other bills. However Vodafone made no effort in contacting me through ANY FORM. Since getting this letter I have tried to contact Vodafone myself by going into my local shop we’re no help or useful information was provided regarding this subject, was on hold for over thirty minutes when I attempted in ringing them and no agents were available to live chat despite my numerous attempts.

This is a mistake of Vodafone Ireland and not my breach of contract. Their workers were not trained, unprofessional and rude and could not provide me with the service I was seeking, making a mistake I am not accountable for.

Please advise me how this issue can be resolved without further nonsense.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Write them a letter and send it via registered post.

Call them out on their alleged numerous attempts to contact you or issue a bill.

Putting everything in writing is the best course of action.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Ordered TV and Broadband from Vodafone last week which was supposed to be installed today between 8am and 1pm. No contact from anyone until 2pm when I got a call to advise the installation team (SIRO) "couldn't make it".

I called 1907 to arrange a new appointment, and was advised that the installation team had already agreed re-arranged the appointment for 3 days time (without agreeing anything with me). I advised Vodafone that I could not take that day-off and that I would need to re-arrange the appointment for a later date. Their response was "The appointment has already been re-arranged today so we cannot change it again today, you will have to call back tomorrow."

I'm leaving Virgin media to escape this kind of customer service. This is even worse.

Wonderful first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Anyone else having problems with mobile broadband? Speed test gives reading of 0.4mps ,do they expect money for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Anyone else having problems with mobile broadband? Speed test gives reading of 0.4mps ,do they expect money for this?

Have you tried to troubleshoot this or contacting their customer support? How long has this been going on for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I’m on their home broadband and noticing poor upload speeds too. Download is fine though.

EDIT: Seems to be resolved now. I guess all providers are getting a hammering with increased usage given the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Getting what looks to be capped download speeds on Vodafone Simply Broadband Fibre in Dublin

Downloads max at ~500 KB/s

Usage is up for sure with working from home and new Game releases but nothing insane, ~ 400GB for 2 weeks use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Have you tried to troubleshoot this or contacting their customer support? How long has this been going on for?

Called them today, they say that the 4G is hopeless and have set modem to 3G, it's pulling umps at moment which should be adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

papu wrote: »
    Getting what looks to be capped download speeds on Vodafone Simply Broadband Fibre in Dublin

Downloads max at ~500 KB/s

Usage is up for sure with working from home and new Game releases but nothing insane, ~ 400GB for 2 weeks use.

Turns out this was an issue with my powerline adapters. :rolleyes:
    Switching plug sockets fixed it

Advertisement