Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Builds in Rush/Commuting Rush to City Centre

• 30-01-2019 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey guys,

We're looking at 2 new developments in Rush- Kenure Gate and Knightsgate. Both are 3 beds around 330k. Anybody any opinions on them? Both are off Brook Lane near Tesco.

Also looking for info on commuting. I'd need to get to Smithfield so it means from Rush to Train station, then Connolly to Smithfield. How do people find the commute? Is it tricky to cycle to Rush train station? Road looks narrow.

Also I see there's an express bus it only seems to go at one time and caters for people who finish work at 5 (i finish at 6).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have you visited them?
    I'd go for Knightsgate myself over Kenure woods. Area in general is fine, to be honest.

Lots of people cycle from Rush to the station. It's not a great road, but it is done, just make sure you are well lit up/visible.
    Commuting-wise, there is also the 33X which runs 4 buses in the mornings and evening, and the Fingal Express (private service). Maybe check those out too. The Fingal express runs from Lusk currently, but they do have a service running from Skerries to UCD and back again every day (not 100% sure of times).

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

shesty wrote: »
    Have you visited them?
    I'd go for Knightsgate myself over Kenure woods. Area in general is fine, to be honest.

Lots of people cycle from Rush to the station. It's not a great road, but it is done, just make sure you are well lit up/visible.
    Commuting-wise, there is also the 33X which runs 4 buses in the mornings and evening, and the Fingal Express (private service). Maybe check those out too. The Fingal express runs from Lusk currently, but they do have a service running from Skerries to UCD and back again every day (not 100% sure of times).

Cool, thanks. Out of interest why Knightsgate over Kenure?

We've seen Kenure and seeing Knightsgate next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....Lots of people cycle from Rush to the station.....
    ....and from Rush to the city centre. Takes about 60-70 minutes, no fuel costs, no parking charges and you're guaranteed a seat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

That is brave wishbone, I wouldn't have the guts or fitness to do it:D:D

Ah personal preference on the estates I guess. Kenure is all very crammed together, lots of the gardens look like they will get no sunlight and are heavily overlooked. The other estate, while it looks more "standard", that has it's benefits - looks like you might get a bit more space internally and better positioning of gardens etc.

That stuff means very little when you are looking, but a lot when you are living in them.

That is brave wishbone, I wouldn't have the guts or fitness to do it:D:D

Ah personal preference on the estates I guess. Kenure is all very crammed together, lots of the gardens look like they will get no sunlight and are heavily overlooked. The other estate, while it looks more "standard", that has it's benefits - looks like you might get a bit more space internally and better positioning of gardens etc.

That stuff means very little when you are looking, but a lot when you are living in them.

Great. We had a look at the weekend and Knightsgate seems a bit better alright.

What's people opinions of childcare/schools/amenities in the area? If it works out we expect to be looking for a creche etc.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Do knightsgate have houses to view yet or is everything off plans?

Four schools (including Gaelscoil). Good choice of creches/childminders etc. Secondary schools, there is one in Rush, although it is heavily oversubscribed, but it is very normal around here to travel to secondary schools in other towns eg Skerries/Lusk/Balbriggan etc.

Living beside a beach is the absolute best amenity when you have small children - I can testify to this!! Choice of beaches too, 2 in Rush and one in Skerries. Ardgillan Castle, Newbridge Demesne, Malahide Castle, all within easy 30 min drive or less. Playgrounds in all, new playground in Rush harbour and in Skerries (can you tell I have small kids?!!!!).

To be honest, it's a good place to live with kids. I guess the biggest challenge of living round here is work-related - depending on what field you work in you could have a long-ish commute each day. I grew up in North County Dublin and that's the bit I have always found the most challenging. Public transport is only ok and you do need a car.Otherwise, we love it here.

Brego888 wrote: »
    Do knightsgate have houses to view yet or is everything off plans?

Yep it's plans, but there the same houses are in Taylor Hill in Balbriggan so you can see a show house up there and get a feel for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

....and from Rush to the city centre. Takes about 60-70 minutes, no fuel costs, no parking charges and you're guaranteed a seat.
    Done it a few time when I was in Sheriff st back in late 80s. Wouldnt try it now with all the traffic oh and my fitness. It is a grand cycle to the station once you are lit up and probably about 25 minute walk to either development

Hey guys,

We're looking at 2 new developments in Rush- Kenure Gate and Knightsgate. Both are 3 beds around 330k. Anybody any opinions on them? Both are off Brook Lane near Tesco.

Also looking for info on commuting. I'd need to get to Smithfield so it means from Rush to Train station, then Connolly to Smithfield. How do people find the commute? Is it tricky to cycle to Rush train station? Road looks narrow.

Also I see there's an express bus it only seems to go at one time and caters for people who finish work at 5 (i finish at 6).

Thanks in advance.

I have been in both developments and both see to be high standard. Mind you was just a shell in Knightsgate.

The train station is a short cycle. Just make sure you are well lit up. Most drivers now expect to meet cyclists on the road not so much during the winter but more do it during the summer. The road is narrow but well lit.

As a local I think Rush has a lot going for it for a young family. Great clubs from sports GAA Soccer Cricket golf sailing all with good facilities, to other hobbies, Millbank theater, camera club and a wide choice of schools, Theatre, a big Tesco just around the corner from you and 3 super beaches, The harbour, North and South and if you go to end of north beach there is a great cliff walk to Loughshinny. You have a park run just beside you also.

My kids commute to city for collage. The train is usual choice but 33x is super service any time my daughter get it. Not sure of the times but I think every 30 minutes from around 6.30 or 7

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭yak

Just wondering how the move worked out for you Ted? We’re in a similar situation at the moment and considering a move to rush so wondering what your thoughts are?

• Advertisement
Advertisement