Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work & general job chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Can anybody guess who this is?

It's an office admin position.

Our client is a market leader, having grown from success to success since it first formed in the 1990's. This organisation prides itself on its commitment to its employees and to their professional development.

These roles will be based in the organisation's stunning new offices in Mahon, close to transports links and with on-site parking.

EMC?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Has to be EMC, they just moved a few of there departments from ovens to city gate in mahon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

But google says EMC was founded in 1979....?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Our client is a market leader, having grown from success to success since it first formed in the 1990's. This organisation prides itself on its commitment to its employees and to their professional development.

These roles will be based in the organisation's stunning new offices in Mahon, close to transports links and with on-site parking.

Probably too late now, but I'd say Voxpro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Abtran moving to old motorolla building. Wouidn't describe them as above myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

Does anyone know anything about vmware virtual career fair on 5th???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Who are the job agencies in Cork? What are there specialities? Who are their clients? Are some nicer than others?

I'm hoping people can share their experiences. I know a definitive list wouldn't be viable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

I've been getting emails from recruiters about "a leading multinational Telco company" opening a new R&D centre in Cork".
    Does anyone here know who this is (or might be)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭blindsider

R&D suggests an 'equipment manufacturer' rather than an Operator. The only one I've heard about is Huawei (This is only a guess mind.)

http://siliconrepublic.com/careers/item/30951-huawei-to-open-randd-centre-i

I don't know any more than this, and apart from being Chinese and a large company, I know nothing useful about Huawei.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

if anyone hears of anyplace/anyobe looking to do a bit of cleaning either in office or home im on the lookout for the new year

• Advertisement

Anyone here interested in IT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Milly33 wrote: »

yes!

#PM'd You lol, rofl

Man I cant see people really talking like that

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Yes x2!

I really want something a job that involves hard labour.. Have two days free and sick of sitting on my arse.. If anyone knows of anything let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Just to give you some hope and some sign that peeps are finding some work these days, I'm happy to report I've just started a new job :) It's batching newly landed spanky new cars for distribution. It's a petrol-head's dream come true :D The money ain't great but it will help my CV along no end. There's work for several months there and it's a fantasy job for me!!!

Ah a breath of fresh air.. Well done to you cantdecide like the name.. Sounds like you got landed with a sweet job!! again well done you are hope to us all. Finding it hard now sorting either a second job or just something more what I would like to do.. hope you enjoy

has anyone here signed up for work through Le Crème.. First dealing with them they seem pretty ****e for a administration place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

has anyone here signed up for work through Le Crème.. First dealing with them they seem pretty ****e for a administration place

Run a mile from La Creme. I dealt with them in Limerick, they are most unprofessional and not very helpful. They actually just ended giving me multiple reasons why I wouldn't be suited for job x, y, z. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are likewise in Cork.

• Advertisement

Mmm thank you Grenache yeah they seem a bit twatty.. I had sent an email two days ago asking for an update after sending a CV, so then left feedback on Facebook publicly and surprise I got a call a few mins later from a girl. I just said from first dealings with them they did not come across well, then the phone started ringing in work and I said I would have to go and she kept it up saying that they were the best in Cork and all this and how she would leave it to me to decide what I wanted to do after me telling her twice to just delete my details.. Fail ubber fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

They seem to like straight walking, if not straight talking anyway! Quite an odd/funny set of directions I thought!

http://www.lacreme.ie/contact-us/cork

Directions:

From the train station:

As you walk from the train station, go left until you find a set of stairs.
    These will lead you to the train station car park.
    Walk through the car park, then cross the road and walk straight down Alfred Street.
    Cross the street and take a left through the alley.
    Go left and straight across the bridge.
    Cross the road and walk straight till you reach the Clarion Hotel side entrance on the corner.
    Cross the road (right). The office is on the forth floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spaceone

Hi guys!

I just moved to Cork and I am looking for a job in electronics companies as a Production Operative (SMT and PCB assembly, rework, test and repair, box build, quality inspection, ect). I found few companies (Option Wireless Ltd., WiseTek Solutions Ltd., Origin Manufacturing, Chip Electronics, Flextronics) but I do not know how to apply there. Are they recruiting only via agency? Do anyone know how to apply there? On maybe someone know similar companies and have some information about them? I am not expecting that someone will tell me go there and they will hire you, I am just looking for informations these type of companies in Cork. Can anyone help, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup. They are.
    grenache wrote: »
    Run a mile from La Creme. I dealt with them in Limerick, they are most unprofessional and not very helpful. They actually just ended giving me multiple reasons why I wouldn't be suited for job x, y, z. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are likewise in Cork.

Same here. I don't think much of UK employment agencies, but some of the Irish ones I've seen here are unparalleled for ineptness, inefficiency, and unprofessionalism.
    Mmm thank you Grenache yeah they seem a bit twatty.. I had sent an email two days ago asking for an update after sending a CV, so then left feedback on Facebook publicly and surprise I got a call a few mins later from a girl. I just said from first dealings with them they did not come across well, then the phone started ringing in work and I said I would have to go and she kept it up saying that they were the best in Cork and all this and how she would leave it to me to decide what I wanted to do after me telling her twice to just delete my details.. Fail ubber fail

Cos they all seem to be blessed with the stupid gene! :D

EDIT. Here's a link again to the La Creme Hall of Shame thread. Interesting read! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70180886

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

spaceone wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I just moved to Cork and I am looking for a job in electronics companies as a Production Operative (SMT and PCB assembly, rework, test and repair, box build, quality inspection, ect). I found few companies (Option Wireless Ltd., WiseTek Solutions Ltd., Origin Manufacturing, Chip Electronics, Flextronics) but I do not know how to apply there. Are they recruiting only via agency? Do anyone know how to apply there? On maybe someone know similar companies and have some information about them? I am not expecting that someone will tell me go there and they will hire you, I am just looking for informations these type of companies in Cork. Can anyone help, please?

I'd have a word with Kelly's in South Mall. They recruit for Boston Scientific in the Model Farm Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

No hope for a minor getting work anyway :( all I can say is when I was out looking for some work experience this year a lot of hotels and other tertiary business seemed to be advertising. These could have been filled up in the meantime but it's worth a shot if your older than me anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

it is becoming a right pain now... just got means tested for JA because the GF is working, which is fair enough, so i am landed on €40 a week....... complete ****e considering we are finatialy independent. To top it off your one in the SW office was saying would you be interested in Jobsbridge lol so €90 a week to work 40 hourse ye can feck right off i told her

Ah the welfare are annoying. It bugs me the way they take into account a boyfriends or girlfriends wages dispite the fact they really they don't do it for anything else.. I got it for a while but they took into account what he earned and then when I went to change as I could not get anything for the other two days we together earned 20euro too much to get anything.. twats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

The contract for my current job is finishing up today or tomorrow, they said they'd ring me back in a month or so to re-hire me. Wondering if I can get back on the dole in the meantime? Also I'm living with my girlfriend, and she's on BTEA, would that affect getting the dole?

Honestly though would rather find a new job in the meantime! Hoping to start work in kitchens :)

• Advertisement

It shouldn't do but more than likely it will. They will probably say something like well since one half of you is already getting something then both cant, youd actually be better off being married or just saying ye are friends.. hate to say it but tis true

Advertisement