Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

In relation to the Beat on the street, its something for the younger generation at one end of the street while the ceili will be happening at the other, with a slight over lap of time.

I also note by the latest JNLR listener figures, that Tipp Fm like most stations are suffering a slight drop in listeners, for the second 1/4 in a row, while their market share is up slightly. Dropping from the 2nd most listened Independent station to 9th.

http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/JNLR-Press-Release-July13.pdf

PAGE 11

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

In relation to the Beat on the street, its something for the younger generation at one end of the street while the ceili will be happening at the other, with a slight over lap of time.

I also note by the latest JNLR listener figures, that Tipp Fm like most stations are suffering a slight drop in listeners, for the second 1/4 in a row, while their market share is up slightly. Dropping from the 2nd most listened Independent station to 9th.

http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/JNLR-Press-Release-July13.pdf

PAGE 11
    tipp fm put a different spin on it, that they and all locals are ahead of nationals

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Indeed they are all ahead of the Nationals and well ahead in some cases. All stations will be always no1 in its own franchise area, it would be very worrying it it were not. Its the downward trend thats really of concern The Independents (outside of the city stations) seem to be stuck in the 80s music wise, its like the 90s never existed,(mind you some of it was dire) bearing in mind the 90s started 23 years ago! So anyone who was 12 in 1990 (about the time most young people start to get into music) would make them 35 now. Yet no one is aiming their playlists towards them (except maybe Beat on with the odd track) And lets be honest we all love to hear songs from our teen and early twenties years ;) I have friends in their 40s like me, who find Tipp FM music too old, and would listen to a youth station like Beat or Spin, and with internet radio available on a laptop or smart phone the radio world is now your oyster. I have friends who work in the industry and hope things improve but they all have to start getting back the listeners, Just my personal thoughts :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Is Tipp Mid West Community Radio still around?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Paddico

Mr. G wrote: »
    Is Tipp Mid West Community Radio still around?

:eek:

Yes though they dropped the community thing a long time ago. Used to know as TCR in the pirate days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Word has it that there are a few changes coming down the line . I think they want to create another ClareFM . God love em , ClareFM is a terrible bloody radio station .

Paddico wrote: »
    Yes though they dropped the community thing a long time ago. Used to know as TCR in the pirate days
    why did they do that?
    From site mission statement "Tipperary Mid West Community Radio aims to inform, educate and entertain. We provide a service which celebrates local music, sports, culture and heritage of our community."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

johnplayer wrote: »
    Word has it that there are a few changes coming down the line . .

Can you spill the beans ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

alyssum wrote: »
    tipp fm put a different spin on it, that they and all locals are ahead of nationals

I rarely ever have listen to tipp fm. But I'll say the music played at the moment is a joke. I think it should be a bit more modern, music from the 80's up but also classics that around (and none of the crap rap music), rather then country music. At least that way they would get a much broader market. Tipp Mid West have country music most of the time. I think for a county, Tipp Fm is a bit of an embarrasment.
    Word has it that there are a few changes coming down the line . I think they want to create another ClareFM . God love em , ClareFM is a terrible bloody radio station .

I don't think they'll join each other to be honest.

What's wrong with clare fm though? I'd would have to disagree with you there. Its actually one of the local radio stations I would respect (I'm from Clare so I'm probably a bit biased). I don't work there or anything.

I think they should include more irish music,something like Declan Nerney,and "never again will I knock on your door"If they played more Daniel O Donnell,big Tom and the like,the listenership would be in better numbers.Maybe they don't have Declan Nerney,but I have loads of tapes at home,and they would be welcome to borrow for a while.Ah ,I hope the keep going anyway.
    PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I think they should include more irish music,something like Declan Nerney,and "never again will I knock on your door"If they played more Daniel O Donnell,big Tom and the like,the listenership would be in better numbers.Maybe they don't have Declan Nerney,but I have loads of tapes at home,and they would be welcome to borrow for a while.Ah ,I hope the keep going anyway.
    PL.

Or maybe a bit of Larry Cunningham, 'Lovely Leitrim' or 'Among the Wicklow hills'. They don't make them like that any more, it's all foreign stuff nowadays!:cool:

Or maybe a bit of Larry Cunningham, 'Lovely Leitrim' or 'Among the Wicklow hills'. They don't make them like that any more, it's all foreign stuff nowadays!:cool:

While my post was serious,I think you might be trying to have fun at my expense.
    PL

Big Tanya wrote: »
    Can you spill the beans ?[/quote

Can't say too much Big Tanya only to say that you'll be pleased to know that Carol Power is safe :-)

While my post was serious,I think you might be trying to have fun at my expense.
    PL

Why do you think that?:cool:

Why do you think that?:cool:

I think when a reply comes with a head with the eyes turned up,or a head with sunglasses on,it is poking fun at the previous poster.Well it was the wife that put me wide to the little heads at the end of posts....
    PL

I think when a reply comes with a head with the eyes turned up,or a head with sunglasses on,it is poking fun at the previous poster.Well it was the wife that put me wide to the little heads at the end of posts....
    PL

I never knew that Pakie. Your wife obviously knows a bit about little heads.;)

I never knew that Pakie. Your wife obviously knows a bit about little heads.;)

You see I was right,you have a little head

Another bank holiday Monday . Another day of wall to wall music on TippFM with all their dj's off

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭PatM65

Another bank holiday Monday . Another day of wall to wall music on TippFM with all their dj's off

We must be listening to different radio stations! I've heard dj's on breakfast, lunchtime and afternoon on Tipp fm today.

Didn't hear anybody between 11 and 12 today ? Must be different station alright :-)

• Advertisement

Mr. John Player, I think you must have been listening to another radio station.
    Most of the weekend presenters from TippFM were on the shows on Bank Holiday Monday.
    Even my favourite Carol Power was in her usual slot for the drive time show.
    I love Carol, her voice, her laugh, and the way she talks about her hair and even last week she was talking about how to make buns.

I was out early on BH monday walking the dogs. I heard Tristian on breakfast programme. He played some nice music. He normally talks in irish on his shows.

It was on air with live radio dj's all right.

Most of the weekend presenters from TippFM were on the shows on Bank Holiday Monday.
    I love Carol, her voice, her laugh, and the way she talks about her hair and even last week she was talking about how to make buns.

I was out early on BH monday walking the dogs. I heard Tristian on breakfast programme. He played some nice music. He normally talks in irish on his shows.

i think she talks like she has a sausage in her mouth with some sort of USA put on accent

I don't hear TippFM unless I'm in the area or seldom when I dip in online . I was working off second hand information when I said there were no presenters on air Monday . My apologies .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

The day she talked about her hair must have been great,and whats with not being able to do a link without that false laugh?

DT100 wrote: »
    with not being able to do a link without that false laugh?

I consider Carol to "Chuckle".
    Its not false, it sounds real.
    Met her at the country music awards . Its not often that you get radio dj's talking about making buns or reading books anymore.
    she is always quoting from books during her many shows.
    She presents the go home show, then comes back in to present the late night love show. Then sunday mornings she presents a classical and jazz show. She is one of my favourites dj's on tipp fm.

I also like breda ryan on tipp mid west. she the dj on the brerakfast show there. she also has a great show in the winter, discussing the old times, and talks with the more senior members of the parish. a great listen.
    Pity its only in the winter months.

The day she talked about her hair must have been great,and whats with not being able to do a link without that false laugh?
    silly giggle more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I consider Carol to "Chuckle".
    Its not false, it sounds real.
    Met her at the country music awards . Its not often that you get radio dj's talking about making buns or reading books anymore.
    she is always quoting from books during her many shows.
    She presents the go home show, then comes back in to present the late night love show. Then sunday mornings she presents a classical and jazz show. She is one of my favourites dj's on tipp fm.

I also like breda ryan on tipp mid west. she the dj on the brerakfast show there. she also has a great show in the winter, discussing the old times, and talks with the more senior members of the parish. a great listen.
    Pity its only in the winter months.

Do you really think she is actually there when the late night love show is on?
    She may be one of your favourite dj's,because ,she is on that often you don't have a choice...Its like ,will you have tea or tea??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Comes back in to present the late night show????/

All those shows are VOICE-TRACKED. i.e done on the cheap. Do they tell you not to text in? Don't bother, there is no one there.

Do you really think she is actually there when the late night love show is on?
    She may be one of your favourite dj's,because ,she is on that often you don't have a choice...Its like ,will you have tea or tea??
    would that be in breach of advertising if they do an ad and say tune in for late night show and give impression they are there?

• Advertisement

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    All those shows are VOICE-TRACKED. i.e done on the cheap. Do they tell you not to text in? Don't bother, there is no one there.

~

Advertisement