Thread Closed  

23-04-2021, 01:39   #8491
brianregan09

Absolute dickhead
Advertisement
23-04-2021, 03:51   #8492
tipp_Gunner

!

You would swear that we were rushed into joining this Superleague These arrogant people think we are fools. This league was in planning with years. These guys planned the murder with years, but they are trying to claim it was sudden and in self-defence... Do me a favour!

Sad thing is, our effort against Prague the other night could all be undone due to suits.

GET THEM OUT!!
Thanks from:
23-04-2021, 08:12   #8493
Quazzie
Hosted Moderator

He's dead right though. If the ESL was going ahead, and Arsenal were invited. 100% I would rather be part of it that not part of it.
(2) thanks from:
23-04-2021, 08:59   #8494
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
He's dead right though. If the ESL was going ahead, and Arsenal were invited. 100% I would rather be part of it that not part of it.
Exactly. It also doesn't matter if Kroenke or someone else owned us, we'd be in the same position.

The whole thing gets nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders out of me. Reading the reaction of people here will probably end up getting me worked up eventually, though
(2) thanks from:
23-04-2021, 10:59   #8495
Pappa Dolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
Not a f*cking hope. The ESL goes against EVERYTHING football SHOULD stand for.

Call me naive or whatever, but I hate the way everything has to be turned for a profit these days.

Arsenal are dead.

The ONLY thing they have in common with the team from 30 Years ago is the name.
Different crest
Different stadium
Different league
Different owners.

It's Triggers broom. We replaced the brush and the handle, how is it still the same broom?

I've lost all respect for anyone who continues to support these 12 teams after this.

My support is gone until we replace the owners with a supporter owned majority.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-04-2021, 12:00   #8496
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Dolla View Post

Call me naive or whatever, but I hate the way everything has to be turned for a profit these days.

Arsenal are dead.

Different crest
Different stadium
Different league
Different owners.

It's Triggers broom. We replaced the brush and the handle, how is it still the same broom?

I've lost all respect for anyone who continues to support these 12 teams after this.

Are you going to follow any sports going forward?
Thanks from:
23-04-2021, 12:16   #8497
Pogue eile

Quote:

Arsenal are dead.

Different crest
Different stadium
Different league
Different owners.

If I replace ESL with the Premier League your post still reads the same. While I am on the record as saying that this was a terrible idea/concept and that if it went ahead I would have no interest in supporting Arsenal anymore. I simply don't understand this sudden outrage about money, greed etc. when it has been seeping through the game for over 20 years now. It is almost as inexplicable and ironic as Gary Neville - the full time employee of SKY fcukin Sports - taking about greed, money grabs and monopolies and fans becoming secondary. I mean you couldn't make that sh*t up!
23-04-2021, 12:17   #8498
OmegaGene

money corrupts and changes everything and football has been a multi billion pound industry for a long time and it is best to accept that fact and just enjoy the game, if sky wasnt pumping millions into it and then charging people to watch the game it would be totally different.
one thing that made me laugh in the humour thread was a spurs fan protesting for enic out and he had a bag of gear from the club shop, paddy power spotted it and i may have shared it with a few spurs fans i still know from london
23-04-2021, 12:31   #8499
beer enigma

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/st...314489862?s=20

Something to lighten the humour
Advertisement
23-04-2021, 12:34   #8500
Quazzie
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer enigma View Post
This would be the biggest upside to winning the Europa League this year.
23-04-2021, 12:58   #8501
Ol' Donie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
money corrupts and changes everything and football has been a multi billion pound industry for a long time and it is best to accept that fact and just enjoy the game, if sky wasnt pumping millions into it and then charging people to watch the game it would be totally different.
one thing that made me laugh in the humour thread was a spurs fan protesting for enic out and he had a bag of gear from the club shop, paddy power spotted it and i may have shared it with a few spurs fans i still know from london
While we're on the subject of cancers in the game, betting company leeches, particularly the one you mentioned, can also go f*ck themselves and p*ss off back to their horse racing.
23-04-2021, 13:01   #8502
Ol' Donie

Quote:

Arsenal are dead.

Different crest
Different stadium
Different league
Different owners.

Mostly agree, but there is one thing they have in common with 30 years ago. Fans like a bunch of us here.

Which, actually, makes us the Triggers, I suppose.
23-04-2021, 13:02   #8503
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Donie View Post
While we're on the subject of cancers in the game, betting company leeches, particularly the one you mentioned, can also go f*ck themselves and p*ss off back to their horse racing.
Far more money gambled on football than any other sport, in fact horse racing isn't even in the top 3.
23-04-2021, 13:11   #8504
Ol' Donie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue eile View Post
Far more money gambled on football than any other sport, in fact horse racing isn't even in the top 3.
Yeah. Leeches.
23-04-2021, 13:13   #8505
Irish Aris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue eile View Post
If I replace ESL with the Premier League your post still reads the same. While I am on the record as saying that this was a terrible idea/concept and that if it went ahead I would have no interest in supporting Arsenal anymore. I simply don't understand this sudden outrage about money, greed etc. when it has been seeping through the game for over 20 years now. It is almost as inexplicable and ironic as Gary Neville - the full time employee of SKY fcukin Sports - taking about greed, money grabs and monopolies and fans becoming secondary. I mean you couldn't make that sh*t up!
I agree on the money/greed aspect, I think it's naive to think otherwise.

The reason that I am not fond of the Super League set-up is that I see it as a glorified friendly tournament. The team that wins it gets the most money and the bragging rights and the team that finishes last in their group gets some less money and that's it. There is no excitement at all - if, say, Arsenal finishes last, there are no repercussions. Someone mentioned earlier in thread that it is an opportunity for the Kroenkes to invest - but will they? I'm not convinced they will, I think that they will take the money and use them in other ventures.

Not to say of course that the current model is ideal, but I like the competitiveness of it. I watched Leicester vs West Brom and it was a great game to watch as a neutral - mainly because I would like to see Leicester in Champions League (in the expense of say, Liverpool) and I want to see West Brom relegated (because of Big Sam). I'm not fully convinced that I would get the same level of excitement from every single Super League match.

Anyway, doesn't matter anymore.
On current news, big game against Everton tonight. If we beat them we go ahead of them temporarily in the league - not that it matters anyway.
I am a bit undecided on who I want as the main striker with both Auba and Laca out. Martinelli has been tried there in the past but didn't seem to work for him, because he doesn't have the space. I don't rate Nketiah at all, but maybe he is the better option for now. I guess it will depend on whether Odegaard will be available, if he is we could have ESR on the left and Martinelli upfront
Thread Closed