Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I remember playing this last October and I felt monarch was a complete slog.

I enjoyed the main quest portions of it, largely because I found the infighting within the Iconoclasts and the tension between MSI and the Iconoclasts one of the more interesting plot threads. From a gameplay perspective though I'd be inclined to agree as I think the game ends up spending too much time there. there is also quite a bit of backtracking and whatnot for various side quests that started to wear thin as IMO it was the least interesting planet from a visual perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Isn't Monarch the area with about a million side quests? That was my only complaint about the game IIRC, that there were too many side quests for a world that was actually quite small so you ended up retreading the same ground a lot. Felt overstuffed.

It is yep, you can hardly turn around without bumping into another NPC ready to give you another quest!

Credit to them for giving plenty to do, but as you say the game world doesn't quite have the scope to accommodate everything. I know I have the option to ignore them, but when I'm playing an RPG my fear of missing out kicks in big time and I can't bear leaving quests behind. That's not the game's fault though lol

goon_magee wrote: »
    It is yep, you can hardly turn around without bumping into another NPC ready to give you another quest!

Credit to them for giving plenty to do, but as you say the game world doesn't quite have the scope to accommodate everything. I know I have the option to ignore them, but when I'm playing an RPG my fear of missing out kicks in big time and I can't bear leaving quests behind. That's not the game's fault though lol
    I like that it was condensed. It beats smashing the A button for 10 minutes to get to a new quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I thought it was quite short when you compare it to something like Fallout, Mass Effect or The Witcher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Picked this up on Black Friday sale, downloaded over several days (since I share an internet connection), started playing this morning (day off work). Completed the Edgewater storyline, but it went in an unexpected direction due (I think) to an incorrect keystroke on my part.)
    In Tobson's office, just met Parvati, tried to move her, but she started shooting and it ended up wiith everyone else dead, including Tobson.
    So even if I finish the game, I'll be interested to go back and make the opposite choices there.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Just picked this up on sale for the PS5 looking forward to giving it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just started the new DLC that I never even knew was released until two days ago. Weird coming back to it after so long. I was encumbered after about 5 mins of starting the DLC and was going through my stuff and cannot remember why I held on to such a gun or armour or clothing so just sold lower level guns and tried to remember why I had such a item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

About 19 hours and I've just reached Byzantium . Iv done all side quests and companion quests so far but now I Think I might main line . What are the two DLC like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The DLC's are very good and a lot longer than I thought they would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

ya bought both them . Half way through second one now it's very good .

• Advertisement
Advertisement