Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC repairs recommendations

• 09-04-2021 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to get my dying HDD replaced with a sdd.
    Does anyone know a good place to get this done?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

>>>> https://www.ielectron.ie/

Repair Centre:13 Cook Street, Cork, Ireland T12W2HE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

RepairIT.ie in douglas are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

PC Services on Woods St are very good in my experience, I dropped a Dell laptop into them which they couldn't fix due to lack of parts but charged me nothing for the work.

I later got Dell to replace the motherboard & screen after threating them with the small claims court but that's another story ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Another recommendation for PC Services. I've found him great to deal with for laptop repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

PC Services gets my vote too, good service at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Esho wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to get my dying HDD replaced with a sdd.
    Does anyone know a good place to get this done?

Thanks!

this is really easy to do yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It really couldnt be easier to do yourself. Plug out the old drive, plug in the new. The drives come with preloaded software now that clone your old drive over to your new in a few clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Really? Does it port over the OS as well?

If so, I'm def giving that a go.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Esho wrote: »
    Really? Does it port over the OS as well?

If so, I'm def giving that a go.

Thanks for that.

Everything it clones the drive. If it doesn't come with software loaded you can download loads of open source for free that will do the job.

Advertisement