Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

1757677787981»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well, tbh, I feel like it's still a bad film, but a better version of it.

And if they ran all the Slo Mo at normal speed itd be a 2 hour film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man. This movie was such a brilliant delight from start to finish.

I had the Blu-ray copy delivered to me earlier today and when I watched the movie this evening; it was absolutely groundbreaking in every way possible. I will simply put it as 4 hours of comic book amazement brought to life on the big screen. I mean who the hell would not want to see these epic moments unfold right in front of their eyes and be stuck with the 2 hour version of Josstice League? The comparison with Whedon's version of the movie and this 4 hour movie from Zack is truly a night & day difference. Nothing else can ever beat these 4 hours of comic book brilliance. It was just a fantastic effort to see it come together on screen and to treasure it forever.

You really have to admit at this point that amidst all of the talking, all of the debates, all of the delays & all of the frustration that this movie had experienced right up to now. In a way; Zack had finally given all of us the worthy opportunity to see something that is and will become a comic book artform in itself over the next number of decades & beyond. Mark my words. To take into account all of the visuals, the acting, the story and the execution of the film for the big screen. It takes a lot of guts to do it so brilliantly for the fans. And I have to ask are we going to see something like this again in the future? Maybe; maybe not. That is a debate for another day!

But again in summary. Zack Snyder's Justice League is a movie that can be treasured by truckloads of comic book fans; the world over. Joss Whedon's legacy with this movie can officially be consigned to the dustbin as far as I am concerned. Zack has done something that really given a lot of happiness to a huge amount of followers who have become dedicated to this genre of movies for a very long time. I think all of the comic book fans really appreciate his efforts in giving them that happiness & pure joy out of the goodness of his heart.

5/5, 10/10. You name it; he's got it. He deserves all the plaudits that he gets with this movie because it's just absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man. This movie was such a brilliant delight from start to finish.

I had the Blu-ray copy delivered to me earlier today and when I watched the movie this evening; it was absolutely groundbreaking in every way possible. I will simply put it as 4 hours of comic book amazement brought to life on the big screen. I mean who the hell would not want to see these epic moments unfold right in front of their eyes and be stuck with the 2 hour version of Josstice League? The comparison with Whedon's version of the movie and this 4 hour movie from Zack is truly a night & day difference. Nothing else can ever beat these 4 hours of comic book brilliance. It was just a fantastic effort to see it come together on screen and to treasure it forever.

You really have to admit at this point that amidst all of the talking, all of the debates, all of the delays & all of the frustration that this movie had experienced right up to now. In a way; Zack had finally given all of us the worthy opportunity to see something that is and will become a comic book artform in itself over the next number of decades & beyond. Mark my words. To take into account all of the visuals, the acting, the story and the execution of the film for the big screen. It takes a lot of guts to do it so brilliantly for the fans. And I have to ask are we going to see something like this again in the future? Maybe; maybe not. That is a debate for another day!

But again in summary. Zack Snyder's Justice League is a movie that can be treasured by truckloads of comic book fans; the world over. Joss Whedon's legacy with this movie can officially be consigned to the dustbin as far as I am concerned. Zack has done something that really given a lot of happiness to a huge amount of followers who have become dedicated to this genre of movies for a very long time. I think all of the comic book fans really appreciate his efforts in giving them that happiness & pure joy out of the goodness of his heart.

5/5, 10/10. You name it; he's got it. He deserves all the plaudits that he gets with this movie because it's just absolutely perfect.

a0582c12353593069d0a7198c7987d44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I am not into most superhero stuff, I did like Superman when I was a kid , and did like the Nolan Batman films.

I only heard about this film the other day as I saw it was a sequel to Batman v Superman, the Snyder cut is on HBO so I stuck it on the other night.
    I watched it in 2 parts as 4h is loong.
    But wow what a film, I can see why people that are really into the DC universe love it.

And some pure Superman imagery ...

wow (sorry about crappy photo, I can't take a screenie ...)

554131.jpg

btw why did Snyder choose to use 4:3 for this ?

What was the story with that epilogue ?

Felt a bit like throwing in extra characters for the sake of it, like the Joker .. the fight with Superman (why??) and the Martian manhunter at the end ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TomSweeney wrote: »
    What was the story with that epilogue ?

Felt a bit like throwing in extra characters for the sake of it, like the Joker .. the fight with Superman (why??) and the Martian manhunter at the end ??

Sequels tease...

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sequels tease...

Yeah but why would they be fighting with Supes again ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Because Synder and his cohorts have no idea how else to write Superman, believing audiences just want variations on Batman. And that the 2006 Superman REturns gave studios the false impression that an inspirational Supes wasn't wanted.

Yeah but why would they be fighting with Supes again ?

Because Lois dies (they send Flash back in time to warn Bruce as seen in BvS) Supes falls to Darkseid & the Anti-Life Equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,821 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I hate the whole idea of that.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Because Lois dies (they send Flash back in time to warn Bruce as seen in BvS) Supes falls to Darkseid & the Anti-Life Equation.

hmmm ... I did like the film, but don't like the idea of futures like this, doubt it will ever happen anyway - at least with Affleck and Cavil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tony EH wrote: »
    I hate the whole idea of that.

Dark Superman is hopefully done with (though I've read they're going to do an animated adaptation of Injustice, though on DC's streaming platform).

I really hope this JJ Abrams / Ta-Nehisi Coates production pivots hard back to the Superman Hollywood seems reluctant to adapt. Even if there's a topical element, it shouldn't prevent a simple, optimistic story.

hmmm ... I did like the film, but don't like the idea of futures like this, doubt it will ever happen anyway - at least with Affleck and Cavil.

Nah Warner have shot it down and moved on. So has Snyder it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,821 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    Dark Superman is hopefully done with (though I've read they're going to do an animated adaptation of Injustice, though on DC's streaming platform).

Moody Superman was fine by me for the most part. But this whole idea that that silly, tacked on, epilogue presented was absolute pants.

No interest in that nonsense at all.

Nerdrotic gives it a good review ...

Advertisement