Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Flash

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, true. It is kinda disappointing that having finally got the Flash movie started, all anyone is talking about is Batman :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,009 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mikhail wrote: »
    I just assume that they're looking to ape Into the Spiderverse a bit. Multiverses didn't scare off viewers there, so what could be more popular than Batman? Several Batmen!

i've only ever heard the Flash movie spoken of as a Flashpoint movie, which would have always pointed to things like Keaton Batman (if not that specifically).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

i've only ever heard the Flash movie spoken of as a Flashpoint movie, which would have always pointed to things like Keaton Batman (if not that specifically).
    I think you're probably talking about fans and creatives, and I'm talking about producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Flash is going to be a bit player is his own movie, isn't he? Another case of an ostensibly simple superhero ("he runs really fast!") overcomplicated by the insistence that it still involved Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pixelburp wrote: »
    The Flash is going to be a bit player is his own movie, isn't he? n.

with DC ....... i haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watchmen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watchmen?

Getting a strong vibe of the button of that image. Was a batman/flash crossover in the lead up to Doomsday Clock which involved Watchmen and the DC universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

The Flash is going to be a bit player is his own movie, isn't he? Another case of an ostensibly simple superhero ("he runs really fast!") overcomplicated by the insistence that it still involved Batman.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2021/01/06

(image too large to embed)

The Illuminerdi has exclusively learned that Grant Gustin will be making a cameo appearance in the upcoming The Flash movie.

DC’s highly anticipated The Flash looks to be a huge film inspired by the famed Flash comic book storyline “Flashpoint.” The Flash will also include the return of both Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck as their respective Batman characters, the debut of Sasha Calle as Supergirl, and much more.

• Advertisement

If this is a cinematic Flashpoint, I'd love it if the film gave a quick cameo to Grant Gustin, repay the fun scene with Ezra Miller's Flash on the CW show.

Glad to see DC took my suggestion to heart :D Though a little disappointing they didn't keep the cameo under wraps, would have been a nice surprise.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I take this isn't going to be much like Flashpoint apart from name unless they are planning on pulling the rug out from under audiences unfamiliar with the story with Keaton
    actually playing Thomas Wayne rather than Bruce
    . Would love if that's what they are actually at.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

E4LQUvKXIAMybK_?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

E4LQUvKXIAMybK_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Superboy maybe? Or alt-superman? Or just a change of suit for Cavill.....

It's Supergirl. She was cast a few months ago, can't recall the actors name off the top of my head. If you look, the chest of the suit is clearly that of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's Supergirl

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's Supergirl, I came across it because Ray Fisher is trending on Twitter so I had to have a look and see why and every single comment say apologies and put Ray back in the movie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

New logo

E32kEWMWEAM7M51?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

what kind of weird ass abs are they? they seem to have Rose Ticoed her too :pac:

Sasha-Calle-Bio-Wiki-Net-Worth.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not unless they have breasts now lol. How can you not see the breasts? Anyway its Supergirl as mentioned above. I hope she eventually gets her own movies and about time too. Not mad about her suit do. I hope she has a Cape at least.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Would throw out the usual caveat about set photos making a costume look a bit weird or cheap; the shaping of the suit might be to do with whatever bracing and safety girdle is underneath the suit while Calle is harnessed. These modern superhero movies love making the cape CGI, so that'd explain its absence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

AMKC wrote: »
    Not unless they have breasts now lol. How can you not see the breasts? Anyway its Supergirl as mentioned above. I hope she eventually gets her own movies and about time too. Not mad about her suit do. I hope she has a Cape at least.

https://twitter.com/UpdatedDC/status/1406337771388784643

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It appears Batfleck has got a new Batpod.

Where are they filming BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That looks so stupid! It's actually hilarious looking. How big is his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I take a grain of salt with these pictures wait until the CGI and after production is done and they will be very different. I mean is you see pictures of The flash TV suit most of the time you think its looks like a very weirs PVC skin tight s** suit and then you see it in TV and it looks different

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not sure if that’s Affleck or a stunt man but it looks like it might be cowl designed as a helmet

• Advertisement

I just presume it to be a stunt mask, something reinforced for the rider, while looking enough like Batman's mask it can be hidden either with smart editing, or CGI. Extra padding or another layer underneath the latex. All superhero costumes look crap on set anyway, thought we'd all know that by now 😁

A lot of superheroes costumes are accentuated with FX these days: be it removing the wrinkles in the suit for a better form-fitting look (I only recall a Black Panther before/after there); actually rendering the rest of the costume (see every iron man film after #1, Downey only wearing "shoulders"); or just adding capes after the fact, cos it's less hassle than an unruly cloth (see the pictures in this thread!)

Advertisement