Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Aldi Planning in Dunshaughlin

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I asked them on twitter and they came back with January 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Borderfox wrote: »
    I asked them on twitter and they came back with January 28th

Was in Maddens yesterday so had a look into Aldi. It looks pretty bare, new lockdown must have slowed everything down.
    There are poeple working outside but inside looked very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Was in Maddens yesterday so had a look into Aldi. It looks pretty bare, new lockdown must have slowed everything down.
    There are people working outside but inside looked very quiet.

I was thinking the current lockdown could slow that site down, however I was thinking that Aldi would be exempt to the lockdown, as I thought sites with finish dates in January were exempt.
    I wonder how much will it be delayed by? Will we see it open by the end of Feb or even the end of Mar...

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I was thinking the current lockdown could slow that site down, however I was thinking that Aldi would be exempt to the lockdown, as I thought sites with finish dates in January were exempt.
    I wonder how much will it be delayed by? Will we see it open by the end of Feb or even the end of Mar...

They are exempt,I hear the delay was an issue with ESB networks,I don't think they've the Inside even powered

A320 wrote: »
    They are exempt,I hear the delay was an issue with ESB networks,I don't think they've the Inside even powered

Strange you say that. When I was looking in I noticed there was no lights on inside. Usally you would even see 1 on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Strange you say that. When I was looking in I noticed there was no lights on inside. Usally you would even see 1 on.

I did see 1 or 2 powered strip lights but definitely were belong to builders

A320 wrote: »

Oh dear, if they still only have temporary power on site, and if they are at the mercy of ESB Networks!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Oh dear, if they still only have temporary power on site, and if they are at the mercy of ESB Networks!!! :o

Even at that it seems they've completely slowed down on the outside too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just seen on Twitter the opening date is postponed until 15/04.

Just seen on Twitter the opening date is postponed until 15/04.

NOOOOOOO :(

• Advertisement

I had a walk passed the site today, looked like no one in there working.
    Here's a few photos

541263.jpg

541264.jpg

541265.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Good bit of work happening today and yesterday morning at the side opposite Maddens.

rizzee wrote: »
    Good bit of work happening today and yesterday morning at the side opposite Maddens.

Yeah noticed that when going to Lidl yesterday. Starting to look very tidy.
    I wonder how many people will park in Maddens for quick drops to Aldi ?

Yeah noticed that when going to Lidl yesterday. Starting to look very tidy.
    I wonder how many people will park in Maddens for quick drops to Aldi ?

I think the mind set is probably more likely the other way round, people parking in Aldi car park and visit Madden's, especially with both shop doors so near each other.

I wonder which car park will be the easier one to get back out of? Madden's is problematic if turning right for Navan direction, I expect Aldi will be problematic too if there's a few cars queued up on the Lagore Road trying to get onto the main street - time will tell. I really do think there was a missed opportunity to include the Lagore road junction and the pedestrian crossing outside the bank into the Lidl junction. I bet it will be done once the Meath County Council come up with the idea themselves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

Opening date has been pushed out to early July.

Anyone know what the issues are on opening this shop? It looks like there's not much happening their at the moment.

Anyone know what the issues are on opening this shop? It looks like there's not much happening their at the moment.

According to a Facebook group : Damian O'Reilly loacal FF councillor.

On going issue with council and contractor over one condition of planning which is hindering the conclusion of the project.
    I have council management and contractor now trying to sort.
    When this matter is sorted, council can grant road opening licence for final works and shop will open 8 weeks after.

it’s to do with road opening licences and changes to contractors etc etc

ongarite wrote: »
    Opening date has been pushed out to early July.

FB saying September now !

Oh no, this is crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I hate this type of self importance

Like Aldi or the council planning dept give a flying fig what a councilor "have" them doing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭bladespin

I hate this type of self importance

Like Aldi or the council planning dept give a flying fig what a councilor "have" them doing

The local pollies etc do it all the time, every time I see it I think twit, who the f votes for them?

Though must work in some way, worst self promoting opportunist I've known got the senate after he was kicked out as a tc last go.

2021, just to clarify, yeah? :D

On going issue with council and contractor over one condition of planning which is hindering the conclusion of the project.
    When this matter is sorted, council can grant road opening licence for final works and shop will open 8 weeks after.

it’s to do with road opening licences and changes to contractors etc etc

I noted on Tuesday evening / night last, there was road works on the main street outside Costa just down from the Bus Stop, I think it was ESB Networks, I wonder could this be related to Aldi as I think some of the services was brought from outside Costa to Aldi, did they get the Road Opening License?

Big issues with ESB at the moment, causing delays on new builds in the Lagore estate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Aldi was connected by ESB Networks today

16th August is the new opening date!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

Markings on road heading up to lagore so hopefully they have all the road opening licence issues ironed out. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Photo-6553831-DJI-231-jpg-4364997-0-2021620213830-photo-original.jpg
    image upload site

The view of the site with Lidl in the background

• Advertisement

Nice shot.

Hope they sort out the road alongside the entrance.

Advertisement