Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minecraft Crossplay issue

• 25-03-2021 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, not sure if this is the right forum but as my kid is having an issue trying to play minecraft with his friends and I hope you awesome people can help.

Basically my eldest has Minecraft on the PS4. He has the game linked to his Microsoft account on the laptop.

The problem is he wants to play with a school friend who has an Xbox. When he tries to join a realm he gets a message on the ps4 stating he needs to change his settings and a link to do so is provided.

However, the link only shows how to change the settings on an Xbox not a laptop. When I check his Microsoft account there is no option (I can find) that gives permission to allow crossplay.

I downloaded the xbox app and according to that he is authorised to crossplay.

This is extremely frustrating and I'm on the verge of bouncing the PS4 out the door.

Can anyone help at all? Fwiw I'm not that savvy around consoles so apologies if I haven't been clear. Ideally i would prefer not to have to buy an xbox.

Comments

Advertisement