Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Nest doorbell - installator?

• 09-01-2021 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have a Google Nest Doorbell and am looking for someone to install same. I am based in East Mayo and wondering if anyone knows who could install same. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

shoes43 wrote: »
    I have a Google Nest Doorbell and am looking for someone to install same. I am based in East Mayo and wondering if anyone knows who could install same. Thanks

Can't recommend anyone but I'd suggest if you have an existing doorbell check your electrical board and see what type of bell transformer you have. You need a certain voltage to run the doorbell and Irish houses have lower voltage ones that need to be replaced with the more powerful. I couldn't find the right transformer in any electrical shop anywhere in Mayo and had to order online from the UK twice for different houses. With Brexit and deliveries the way they are I'd start ordering or looking for this so you've the bits you need. Any electrician should be able to fit the doorbell then.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can attempt DIY

Otherwise any electrician should be able to do this for you.

biko wrote: »
    You can attempt DIY

Otherwise any electrician should be able to do this for you.

You can't really DIY attempt in Ireland as 99% of homes will need to replace the bell transformer in the electrical board. Any electrician can replace this for you though and you can DIY the rest but as I outlined in the above post you'd need to find this transformer first online.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

Dudda wrote: »
    Can't recommend anyone but I'd suggest if you have an existing doorbell check your electrical board and see what type of bell transformer you have. You need a certain voltage to run the doorbell and Irish houses have lower voltage ones that need to be replaced with the more powerful. I couldn't find the right transformer in any electrical shop anywhere in Mayo and had to order online from the UK twice for different houses. With Brexit and deliveries the way they are I'd start ordering or looking for this so you've the bits you need. Any electrician should be able to fit the doorbell then.

Unfortunately there is no exisiting door bell. I will look into getting a transformer. Do you mind tell me what type of one you got or what it looks like.

shoes43 wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no exisiting door bell. I will look into getting a transformer. Do you mind tell me what type of one you got or what it looks like.

The below is what I got. Any registered electrician will be able to fit this and should be then able to set up the Next Doorbell for you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J2NWYC4/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

• Advertisement
Advertisement