Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kiwisaver

• 17-12-2018 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Has anyone left nz and cashed in their kiwisaver? Is it an easy process and how much do I get out of the total I have accrued so far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It will be up to your provider, ie here is the ANZ form: https://www.anz.co.nz/resources/c/f/cf65e60b-8c68-4591-be74-84f53274b85d/Emigration_Withdrawal_Form.pdf

I would imagine any government contributions will be forfeit but aside from that you should get the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I have heard horror stories from Australia about people losing half their super when they cash it in. Nothing like that in NZ? Do I have to relinquish my permanent residency? I've no plans of going back but my kids might want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sconnolly87

I just got a letter about my kiwisaver today, had pretty much forgotten about it, i worked in nz 2008 to 2010, can i reclaim anything? Any idea values?

Update on my Kiwisaver refund application.

Filled out the ANZ forms, got the required documentation verified (€50 from a notary public), submitted the information, got a full refund of all Kiwisaver final balance minus about $30 within 20 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sconnolly87

Update on my Kiwisaver refund application.

Filled out the ANZ forms, got the required documentation verified (€50 from a notary public), submitted the information, got a full refund of all Kiwisaver final balance minus about $30 within 20 days.

Was the government Kickstarter payment included in the refund? ($1,000)

• Advertisement

I cant remember how much was refunded but it was less than $30 of the full amount so I basically got everything back.

Advertisement