Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

solicitors

• 02-10-2020 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

would anyone be able to recommend a solicitor in the west of ireland who deal with licensing issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

badshot wrote: »
    would anyone be able to recommend a solicitor in the west of ireland who deal with licensing issues

I presume you are having issues with refusals? Have you met face to face with the super in your area? Any solicitor should be able to advise you but I would make sure you have exhausted all other avenues before taking that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭no_4

Is it hunting licensing or gun application/renewal issues you need help with?
    badshot wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

ZiabR wrote: »
    I presume you are having issues with refusals? Have you met face to face with the super in your area? Any solicitor should be able to advise you but I would make sure you have exhausted all other avenues before taking that route.

+1. It also looks better if it hits the courts, that you were willing to meet and discuss the issue with the issuing officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Have you received your refusal in writing or have you just been told 'word of mouth'?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭JP22

Speak to your local FO (Station Firearms Officer), find out what's the problem/issue.

Ensure you get refusal reasons word of mouth from the Local FO.

Ensure you get official refusal reasons in writing from the Local Super.

Request a meeting with the Local Super to discuss the issues with a view to solving the issues.

If no joy, appeal in writing to the Local Super, ensure that you receive a written reply.

If still no grant of license and your are a member of local game club or authorized range, speak to them and they may be able to help you out.

If still no grant of license, seek further advise/legal advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Another avenue if you get a silly refusal letter like i did is to contact the firearms policy unit and ask is it garda policy to refuse on X basis , they cannot change a supers decision however if the decision is in contrary to the law as mine was they make have a quiet word with the super prior to the court route
    This is last resort prior to court

Advertisement