Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone managed to Pre Order an iPhone 12 online from Vodafone?

Options
  • 17-10-2020 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to Pre Order an iPhone 12 online from Vodafone?

I have tried and as an existing Vodafone customer it keeps redirecting me to Upgrade but when it does that Im told I have to go to their support page and chat to an online advisor. The biggest problem here is that their Online Advisors are only onling Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm!

This is a ridiculous way to order online in 2020I

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just order on Monday between 8 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Gumbo wrote: »
    Just order on Monday between 8 and 6.

While that may seem to be the obvious way to do it unfortunately I'm in work myself those hours so accessing an online chat service isn't the easiest thing to do. It would be just as easy for me to go into a Vodafone shop and order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

atlantean wrote: »
    While that may seem to be the obvious way to do it unfortunately I'm in work myself those hours so accessing an online chat service isn't the easiest thing to do. It would be just as easy for me to go into a Vodafone shop and order it.

I finally managed to order one on Friday evening around 5pm via an upgrade. I had tried online chat as well as calling 1747 for hours beforehand, only to be told by the upgrade team that only new customers could purchase on Friday, whereas upgrades would be available the following day (today). Low and behold, an hour later I was able to purchase it via an upgrade.
    I heard them the website went down around 5pm for some reason and not sure if there were any issues after it came back up after that. Perhaps stock ran out at that point.

scunermac wrote: »
    I finally managed to order one on Friday evening around 5pm via an upgrade. I had tried online chat as well as calling 1747 for hours beforehand, only to be told by the upgrade team that only new customers could purchase on Friday, whereas upgrades would be available the following day (today). Low and behold, an hour later I was able to purchase it via an upgrade.
    I heard them the website went down around 5pm for some reason and not sure if there were any issues after it came back up after that. Perhaps stock ran out at that point.

That’s great — look after new customers rather than those who have been with them for years!

I didn’t try ringing them but I was in contact via Twitter that was a total waste of time.

At least I now know that it is actually possible to order online as an upgrade.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm quite confused now.

I toyed with ordering an iPhone 12 yesterday for €249 using an upgrade on Red Plan. Website crashed and I kinda lost interest. Tonight it seems they've knocked €200 off the price and I've just ordered one for €49.

It's years since a new iPhone has been anything close to 50 quid to upgrade on a normal enough plan. Weird they've knocked 200 off the price in 24 hrs.

EDIT: I've just gone in again to look a the different plans and the website's knackered again. I'm cautiously hoping given I got a "success" page and an order number everything is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dades wrote: »
    I'm quite confused now.

I toyed with ordering an iPhone 12 yesterday for €249 using an upgrade on Red Plan. Website crashed and I kinda lost interest. Tonight it seems they've knocked €200 off the price and I've just ordered one for €49.

It's years since a new iPhone has been anything close to 50 quid to upgrade on a normal enough plan. Weird they've knocked 200 off the price in 24 hrs.

EDIT: I've just gone in again to look a the different plans and the website's knackered again. I'm cautiously hoping given I got a "success" page and an order number everything is cool.

On the bolded part I’d play the whistle as they say.
    The 200 off is if you switch and save as the red banner around some phones says. But Vodafone seemed very slow in updating their site to have any mention of the iPhone 12. I agree the can be poor enough at times.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The 200 off is if you switch and save as the red banner around some phones says. But Vodafone seemed very slow in updating their site to have any mention of the iPhone 12. I agree the can be poor enough at times.
    I'm not switching though. Have been on Red Plan for years. I just clicked on upgrade and followed instructions.

Still getting my Spotify add on hopefully!

I'm not switching though. Have been on Red Plan for years. I just clicked on upgrade and followed instructions.

Still getting my Spotify add on hopefully!

Oh. Well then I don’t know. I’ve been on it for years as well. We’re you due an upgrade though ? I’m not due one until January next year but the last upgrade I got they let me use it the moth before. The brand new iPhone for 50 notes ? Sure you’d be silly to not take it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh. Well then I don’t know. I’ve been on it for years as well. We’re you due an upgrade though ? I’m not due one until January next year but the last upgrade I got they let me use it the moth before. The brand new iPhone for 50 notes ? Sure you’d be silly to not take it.
    I had thought I was getting an upgrade a year early but then I looked up when the XR came out (my current phone) and it was 2018. Can't believe it's two years since I got it. Talking through my arse thinking it wa a year!

Anyway... either way 50 quid for an upgrade, yeah seems a no brainer.

Try your luck with an upgrade as you go. You might get lucky.

I had thought I was getting an upgrade a year early but then I looked up when the XR came out (my current phone) and it was 2018. Can't believe it's two years since I got it. Talking through my arse thinking it wa a year!

Anyway... either way 50 quid for an upgrade, yeah seems a no brainer.

Try your luck with an upgrade as you go. You might get lucky.

I’m the same I checked to see when I was due one and I saw it was January 2021 and like you I was thinking it’s never nearly two years since I got my last phone. You think two years will be long but it’s amazing how it tips along. Well it’ll be December at the earliest so might as well hold off and see what I can get. I do really like the design of the iPhone 12 as it’s very iPhone 4S and 5 like.

• Advertisement

I'm quite confused now.

Are you sure you actually upgraded or accidentally ptr-ordered as a new customer?

The reason I ask is that while I've been totally unsuccessful in getting to the upgrade page I have beed directed to the switcher page a few times.

I know that I an due an upgrade as I bought my last iPhone around 10.10.18 but neither the app or website will confirm this now!

Are you sure you actually upgraded or accidentally ptr-ordered as a new customer?
    Not sure of anything tbh. I can see now they're offering 200 quid off for new connections only.

The site was giving me an upgrade option as I was logged in. The process was pretty quick they used my saved details in the cart. Normally they'd ask new customers a hundred questions about porting numbers etc.

I hoping that maybe as the site has been so flaky my order was a lucky glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I pre ordered as I was switching from Eir got an email confirming it, the next day received a email saying it was cancelled as I didn’t meet the online criteria?

Got onto to chat they said it was a race glitch so much so it happened again I gave up after that.

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I pre ordered as I was switching from Eir got an email confirming it, the next day received a email saying it was cancelled as I didn’t meet the online criteria?

Got onto to chat they said it was a race glitch so much so it happened again I gave up after that.

That’s unbelievable!!!

How can the email you confirming your order and then change their minds???

Surely there is a legal route you can take there?

What are Vodafone playing at? I honestly expected better from them with regards to a simple online ordering system!

I hope you’re right and that you get your phone at the price they quoted!

That’s unbelievable!!!

How can the email you confirming your order and then change their minds???

Surely there is a legal route you can take there?

What are Vodafone playing at? I honestly expected better from them with regards to a simple online ordering system!

It’s annoying but what can you do. I had no intention of upgrading from my 11 but thought it was a good deal awh well.

Got a dispatch email this morning from Vodafone. Interesting to see what turns up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Apparently I can upgrade to any phone online except preorder the iPhone 12. Utter joke.

Darren 83 wrote: »
    It’s annoying but what can you do. I had no intention of upgrading from my 11 but thought it was a good deal awh well.

I have a XS so was thinking depending of the price that I’d go for a 12 Pro. I want to change my tariff anyway but with this ridiculous carry on I’m thinking I won’t bother.

I have a XS so was thinking depending of the price that I’d go for a 12 Pro. I want to change my tariff anyway but with this ridiculous carry on I’m thinking I won’t bother.

I have someone willing to buy my 11 from me, will wait a month and pick up the 12 pro sim free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 jazzyt

Not sure of anything tbh. I can see now they're offering 200 quid off for new connections only.

The site was giving me an upgrade option as I was logged in. The process was pretty quick they used my saved details in the cart. Normally they'd ask new customers a hundred questions about porting numbers etc.

Exact same thing happened me when upgrading. Was charged €149 (for 128gb iPhone 12).payment was taken and received an order number.

jazzyt wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened me when upgrading. Was charged €149 (for 128gb iPhone 12).payment was taken and received an order number.
    Nice one. When did you order? (I ordered Saturday night).

I got sent contract details by mail and used VF support chat to make sure it was an upgrade and not a new contract.
    A real human assured me it was my upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

Ok so I got the iPhone 12 Pro 256GB ordered on Friday on my account at €549.99 but have been having issues getting the same for my wife ordered since. Gives error messages when I confirm the order. It starts a countdown and the error pops up before it finishes. It also keeps switching between in stock and out. have talked with quite a few vodafone agents now and got nowhere. Tried the website, the app, 1907 and an 1800 or 1850 number, cant remember which. They keep telling me just to keep trying, they have resolved it, try again and low and behold same issue, order it in store to be told you can only do it online. Price has since gone up to €649.99, talking with a guy now that said the price is showing as €549.99 still on his end. Anyone have any luck today?

Kaleb2015 wrote: »
    Ok so I got the iPhone 12 Pro 256GB ordered on Friday on my account at €549.99 but have been having issues getting the same for my wife ordered since. Gives error messages when I confirm the order. It starts a countdown and the error pops up before it finishes. It also keeps switching between in stock and out. have talked with quite a few vodafone agents now and got nowhere. Tried the website, the app, 1907 and an 1800 or 1850 number, cant remember which. They keep telling me just to keep trying, they have resolved it, try again and low and behold same issue, order it in store to be told you can only do it online. Price has since gone up to €649.99, talking with a guy now that said the price is showing as €549.99 still on his end. Anyone have any luck today?

That’s the iPhone I was trying to order — I managed at one point to get it into a basket for €549.99 too only to get an error and be directed again to chat with an online advisor!

This is one of the most ridiculous ordering situations I’ve ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Kaleb2015 wrote: »

I had the same issue. Nothing went through after the countdown but check if any new account numbers or contracts have been added under your records. Mine have since disappeared but I had 5 additional ones at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kaleb2015

I had the same issue. Nothing went through after the countdown but check if any new account numbers or contracts have been added under your records. Mine have since disappeared but I had 5 additional ones at one stage.

I did notice that myself with the contracts, 61 of them to be exact, the price changed for you too? I am talking to someone right now who is saying that if it was €549.99 for the 12 pro 256gb then it was a glitch with the website. Even though the person i was talking to before him said there where no issues with the website.

After numerous chats with online advisors and having been told that I do qualify for an upgrade and that I can order it online I now get this message telling me that I cannot do it online! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jazzyt

Nice one. When did you order? (I ordered Saturday night).

I got sent contract details by mail and used VF support chat to make sure it was an upgrade and not a new contract.
    A real human assured me it was my upgrade.

I ordered in the early hours of Saturday morning via the vodafone app. I have a contract in “my records”showing the €200 discount being applied. I have screenshot it in case it disappears😀

jazzyt wrote: »
    I ordered in the early hours of Saturday morning via the vodafone app. I have a contract in “my records”showing the €200 discount being applied. I have screenshot it in case it disappears😀

My App won’t work! It says that I have to use the website! It’s the latest version of the App

• Advertisement

My App won’t work! It says that I have to use the website! It’s the latest version of the App
    Yeah my apps been doing that for a while which is annoying.

If anyone has a working app don't update it!

Advertisement