Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tv with free sat built in

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Spend more time looking at Zgemma than tv mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 garymt

If you enable HDMI-CEC the box will switch the TV on and off as needed. No need for a 2nd remote unless you have multiple devices connected to the TV.

Never found this to be reliable enough to use - (Samsung UE55).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

free only works if u put a uk postcode into it also telling the the tv that your location is uk not ireland for freesat on most lg samsung sony tv.s

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

I moved into a new house. Just have saorview aerial. I have a normende tv with a free sat tuner. I am fairly clueless with set ups but i tried to tune in free sat. An option of box sets came up bbc, itv eyc but i can't find channels. What am i doing wrong? When i put in uk as location it doesnt ask me for postcode or do i need a satelite dish? The irish channels are all from 800 on which is correct i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Perez2017 wrote: »
    I moved into a new house. Just have saorview aerial. I have a normende tv with a free sat tuner. I am fairly clueless with set ups but i tried to tune in free sat. An option of box sets came up bbc, itv eyc but i can't find channels. What am i doing wrong? When i put in uk as location it doesnt ask me for postcode or do i need a satelite dish? The irish channels are all from 800 on which is correct i think.

Satellite dish required for the UK channels. No postcode required as this isn't a Freesat TV, just a free-to-air satellite TV, i.e. channels stored as found during tuning and stored in no specific order.

Factory reset the TV to Ireland to store the Saorview channels in the correct order from 1 upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

The Cush wrote: »
    Satellite dish required for the UK channels. No postcode required as this isn't a Freesat TV, just a free-to-air satellite TV, i.e. channels stored as found during tuning and stored in no specific order.

Factory reset the TV to Ireland to store the Saorview channels in the correct order from 1 upwards.

Ok, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just bought a TCL tv for the kitchen, did a scan for satellite channels and ended up with loads of repeated ones and all the regional variations and loads of foreign ones as well, is there simple way of just having one of each?

funnyname wrote: »
    Just bought a TCL tv for the kitchen, did a scan for satellite channels and ended up with loads of repeated ones and all the regional variations and loads of foreign ones as well, is there simple way of just having one of each?

No unfortunately, you'll manually remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

The Cush wrote: »
    No unfortunately, you'll manually remove them.

So would I be faster manually tuning in the ones I actually want?

So would I be faster manually tuning in the ones I actually want?

The problem there is when you tune in a particular frequency/transponder all channels on that transponder are stored automatically including duplicates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭khumbu

You may be able to export the channel list from TV to a usb memory stick.
    If so this software may be able to help edit out unnecessary duplicates. https://www.setedit.de/SetEdit.php?spr=2&Editor=175&device=TCL

Then upload edited file to TV.
    The trial version of software limits the number of edits to 20. After 20 edits the file can't be saved.

Worth a try before purchasing.

PS I've no experience with TCL brand but it worked with Walker TV.

Advertisement