Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
27-04-2010, 23:08   #1
Tyrant^
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 572
Phone newb ( Nexus One )

Ello Ello

My current phone is a very old nokia 6230i
Im interested in getting the Nexus One. It has come to my attention that some people are able to get the N1 fully functional in Ireland even though no network provider is selling the phone.

What im looking for really is ...
Best place the buy a unlocked n1 (ebay?)
What kind of contract / sim cards ?
Data plans ?

Cheers !
Tyrant^ is offline  
Advertisement
27-04-2010, 23:19   #2
partyatmygaff
Registered User
 
partyatmygaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant^ View Post
Ello Ello

My current phone is a very old nokia 6230i
Im interested in getting the Nexus One. It has come to my attention that some people are able to get the N1 fully functional in Ireland even though no network provider is selling the phone.

What im looking for really is ...
Best place the buy a unlocked n1 (ebay?)
What kind of contract / sim cards ?
Data plans ?

Cheers !
You're better off buying a HTC Desire tbh, it's cheaper and it's the exact same phone and it's available on Meteor and Vodafone already and is scheduled for release on O2 and Three in May.
partyatmygaff is offline  
27-04-2010, 23:57   #3
KoolKid
Moderator
 
KoolKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23,858
If you really want the nexus your best bet ( and cheapest) is if you know someone in the States. Get them to order it for you & ship it to Ireland for you.
KoolKid is offline  
28-04-2010, 08:56   #4
Tyrant^
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 572
And after I get a n1... how do I go about just getting the network setup.
O2 I think are best ? Can you get a 3G sim from them for free ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyatmygaff View Post
You're better off buying a HTC Desire tbh, it's cheaper and it's the exact same phone and it's available on Meteor and Vodafone already and is scheduled for release on O2 and Three in May.
I cant see HTC Desire on their websites :S

Last edited by Tyrant^; 28-04-2010 at 09:08.
Tyrant^ is offline  
28-04-2010, 09:19   #5
oeb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,365
Send a message via MSN to oeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant^ View Post
And after I get a n1... how do I go about just getting the network setup.
O2 I think are best ? Can you get a 3G sim from them for free ?
http://www.o2online.ie/shop/sim-only/



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant^ View Post
I cant see HTC Desire on their websites :S
https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/htc_.../in_all_phones
(Can't find it on the vodaphone website)
oeb is offline  
Advertisement
28-04-2010, 09:39   #6
KoolKid
Moderator
 
KoolKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 23,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant^ View Post
And after I get a n1... how do I go about just getting the network setup.
O2 I think are best ? Can you get a 3G sim from them for free ?
Are you looking to put this on PrePay?
I use on Vodafone with €10 add on for 1 gig a month,
KoolKid is offline  
28-04-2010, 11:30   #7
Tyrant^
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 572
Looking at the HTC Desire again...
Think I will go with the Smart €35 plan on Meteor.

Hows meteors 3G network?
Tyrant^ is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet