Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Yea lovely split from Ron and he's well on the way to keeping the match very much alive at 5-3. He's limited the potential damage and his cup of tea will go down a little easier now.

Frame still live, Ronnie in the past would probably be 'pulled up' by now; he can somehow settle a bit nowadays; even after being 'unsettled' (makes no sense lol) . Anyway, good to see. Mon Ron :)

Prediction time: I reckon Angles will back the above up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

At 5-3 I think Ronnie got out of jail there. Nice of him to hold his hand up to apologise for that red which he wasn't playing on. Good pot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Needed that.

Still very much in this, Ronnie could easily rattle off two or three frames in one visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shame this session had to end now.

• Advertisement

Ronnie waves. 'Ee's lovin' it 'int he? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Fergo on the TV table against Higgins tomorrow evening at 7pm. JH not at his best lately, I fancy a possible upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Good point by Mc Manus that its rare over a long match for Ronnie not to have a purple patch.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Good point by Mc Manus that its rare over a long match for Ronnie not to have a purple patch.

That's true. Although one of those times was when Judd hammered him 10-4 in the Masters final back in 2019. No better man to rattle off a few frames in jig time but he knows any mistakes will be punished against Judd.

A few Paddy Power specials for tonight

Ronnie to win 2/1
    Ronnie to get a maximum 50/1
    Ronnie to play on when needing loads snookers 4/5
    Ronnie to be messing with his phone 8/11
    Ronnie to either fart/belch evens
    Ronnie to smash the balls to get out of a snooker 3/5

Posters to enjoy the session 1/100.

• Advertisement

^^^^

Quality comedy there :D

Thanks Chalk for the laugh ... Had a small win on the top (possibly the only; or 1 of 2 'actual' odds on offer I'd surmise) one there for more interest :pac:

My Ronnie 9-5 and 9-6 look to be both gone I'd safely say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Omega28

Looks like Trump got something done to his hair��

More of the same for tonights opening frame. Ronnie absolutely butchers a long red and Trump comes to a fairly difficult table and makes a frame winning clearance. 6-3.

Ronnie only said yesterday in an interview that why would he practise for 30 minutes in between matches as what good would that be?

Yet he continues this bizarre routine this week of clearing up the balls when the frame is long lost.

Contradicting himself for the 1,000th time.

A loose break off by Ronnie and Judd knocks in a long red and is already looking good for 7-3. He is hotting the ball so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ronnie only said yesterday in an interview that why would he practise for 30 minutes in between matches as what good would that be?

Yet he continues this bizarre routine this week of clearing up the balls when the frame is long lost.

Also, he said he does not consider himself a 'potter' any more.

That amused me.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Also, he said he does not consider himself a 'potter' any more.

That amused me.

Playing on once again when 81 behind and needing about 10 snookers. Just silly carry on.

He did say there's a queue of players waiting to use the practice table so it's not a good 30 mins as another player is standing there looking at you waiting for you to finish.

Judd looking a little bemused at Ronnie clearing up but is giving him a bit of a beating and that's all that matters. 7-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭weemcd

If somebody else was playing on after the frame was basically done, like Ronnie is now, he'd be having a go at them.

If he hasn't got practice in, that's on him, and him being a diva. I'm a big Ronnie fan and always have been but there's not a chance Trump loses this tonight.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    If somebody else was playing on after the frame was basically done, like Ronnie is now, he'd be having a go at them.

If he hasn't got practice in, that's on him, and him being a diva. I'm a big Ronnie fan and always have been but there's not a chance Trump loses this tonight.

Good point. Could you imagine if Selby for example did that against Ronnie? He'd be going mad. He's just being awkward. (and im a massive fan also).

I'm a big Ronnie fan, but I think it's bang out of order to be using the end of the frame for practicing. It's bad for viewers, and therefore bad for the game. If you want to practice, do so before the tournament starts. Doing so at the end of the game just smacks of "I Don't care and I didn't prepare for the tournament"

I don't think he means it to be but it is disrespectful. It's a final FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

The Nal wrote: »

If anyone else was doing it while that far behind they would be reamed.

Well he's never done it before and has often conceded a frame when he doesn't even need snookers just to get the next frame on. So why start this carry on all rhese yesrs later?

Ronnie did well to stop the rot and put a small bit of a halt to Judd's gallop. Winning single frames no good though and ge needs to put a few back to back.

Well... Judd still favourite but at least Ronnie is still in it.

Two big frames from the Rocket just to remind Judd he's still fighting hard. If he could win the first after the interval at 7-6 it really would be game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Good that Ronnie's getting back into it. It should improve the match overall. It's been disappointing so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

He did say there's a queue of players waiting to use the practice table so it's not a good 30 mins as another player is standing there looking at you waiting for you to finish.

He also said it would be some geezer he never even saw before coming on to the table after him. :pac:

To get a dig in at the lower echelons of the tour yet again.

Advertisement