Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

There's always a reason why guys like Ford arent higher in the rankings than they are. Think we're seeing it here. Trump been awful really but has been let out of jail big time.

Yeah, all in the mind seems to be and killer instinct. 'Smell weakness' as Hendry loves saying. Should easily have been 7-2 Ford. Instead 5 - 4.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Carty the eejit black over pocket only colours left Bingham needs snookers - Carty plants the black in with the yellow for no reason! Now 5-3 Bingham. Really dopey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

What a schoolboy error from Carthy who had the frame won but ridiculously fouled the black when there was no danger and let Ballrun back in to clear up. That was bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Very disappointing with the news there will be no more crowd in attendance. And the day had started off so well with this match. Bit of a dampener. And cruel on the fans that had bought tickets and hotels for the weekends games.

Yeah how far in advance have tickets been sold I wonder. Will Barry Hearn reimburse people out of his own pocket?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Surely the Sheriff of Pottingham is back in business with the crowds banished.

A shame about the crowds not being there, felt like we were back to normal there.

• Advertisement

Carty cues a way off line, the cue is inches to the side of his chin. Must be due to a very dominant eye.

A la Graham Miles.

Hamiltons match is on now. Or not as it turns out.

He missed out by a day.

Carty cues a way off line, the cue is inches to the side of his chin. Must be due to a very dominant eye.

A la Graham Miles.

I have to say i hate looking at players cueing to the side of their chin. It's a horrible look and really off putting. Is there more and more of these players these days? Funny no real top player had a cue action like that. Some of them look so bad i find it hard to look at.

No way you could ask Wilson to play after already giving him a bye to next round. Hamilton dropped out. No coming back after that.

Fancy a comfortable 10-5 or 10-6 win for Ding here. Ding might enjoy the lack of a crowd more than some others.

• Advertisement

Another great break. I can feel a maximum coming up this year.

Ding as a convincing UK champion may be value for outright winner at 22/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭spurshero

Anybody have any idea on how to track frame scores of each match and 50 plus breaks . Can’t find it anywhere

Nasty snooker for King to hit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

spurshero wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea on how to track frame scores of each match and 50 plus breaks . Can’t find it anywhere

www.snooker.org

Click on live scores link, then click on frame scores each match.

Can conceivably see Ding going close, as i can Murphy, though they're both on "wrong" side of the draw. If Ford was to take trump out it would really set the cat among the pigeons in the top half. Ford may well have blown that chance already though.

Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty on commentary on BBC v Hendon and Neil Foulds on Eurosport. Eurosport for me as Foulds is always worth a listen.

On Ding, if his head is in the right place he definately can go deep and if he got to the one table set he'd be hard to beat. Worth a wee flutter.

One great player i dont give much if any hope for is John Higgins. At his age i think he did brilliantly to reach 3 World finals in a row but losing all three was crushing for him and even.with his mental strength i cant see him reaching a 4th final on the spin. I think Matthew Steevens may beat him in first round.

Can conceivably see Ding going close, as i can Murphy, though they're both on "wrong" side of the draw. If Ford was to take trump out it would really set the cat among the pigeons in the top half. Ford may well have blown that chance already though.

Ding would have some job to beat Ronnie if he plays him. Just checked on cuetracker. Ding beat Ronnie in the 2017 World QF

https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/ronnie-osullivan/ding-junhui

Good steal that from king but ding can't afford to be missing simple frame balls if he's thinking about going all the way.

• Advertisement

Not lost on me that Ken commentating on a game he should be in. Maybe he is right and should get those glasses!

Ding picked a silly shot to try and swerve and hit the yellow. It was close to a full ball snooker and coming off the side cushion was far easier. Bad as missing the swerve was he then goes on to leave a free ball.

He had three chances to kill off the frame and try and crush Kings spirit nics and early.

A lack of killer instinct needed to win this tournament. Not a chance the likes of Selby or Higgins would have let that happen.

Ding would have some job to beat Ronnie if he plays him. Just checked on cuetracker. Ding beat Ronnie in the 2017 World QF

https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/ronnie-osullivan/ding-junhui

From memory that was a good contest. Ronnie didnt play bad just Ding came up with the goods over the 2 days. Frustrating guy overall though, such an underachiever considering he was a major title winner at 18. Would be happy enough to see him do it and fulfil all that talent.

Ding picked a silly shot to try and swerve and hit the yellow. It was close to a full ball snooker and coming off the side cushion was far easier. Bad as missing the swerve was he then goes on to leave a free ball.

He had three chances to kill off the frame and try and crush Kings spirit nics and early.

A lack of killer instinct needed to win this tournament. Not a chance the likes of Selby or Higgins would have let that happen.

In the piece they did about Willie Thorne all said great player - too nice and should have won more.
    I felt they could have been talking about Ding.

Remember Selby was doing some analysis for eurosport after he got koed in 2018 and delivering what i thought was a fairly surprising and withering assessment of ding, basically calling him a bottler. In fact 'lacks bottle' were his exact words or close enough. Harsh but probably not too far off being truthful.

I dont know about Ding being a bottler. What i suspect is he doesn't have the same will to win or perhaps will to die to endure the torture of Sheffield as others have. I also never really rated him as good as Higgins, Ronnie and Selby in the safety and tactical department. And he's possibly a little soft without a hard edge that others have. Most top players win the Worlds. He has only reached one final so something wrong for such a good player.

Hearn not hiding his disdain for Hamiltons withdrawal saying' well done anthony, nice one, see you later son' in a rather cutting manner'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Hearn not hiding his disdain for Hamiltons withdrawal saying' well done anthony, nice one, see you later son' in a rather cutting manner'.

I'll bet Hamilton feels a berk now.

He is a real life Del Boy that Hearn fella. Would be interesting to see what Kyren Wilson thinks of the Hamilton issue now.

• Advertisement

I didnt catch the whole intetview but thought i heard Hearn saythat we could still have fans for the final. To be fair he's done trojan work for snooker and his positivity is infectious. Calling himself 'Bazzer' in the third person slightly cringy.

Advertisement