Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I might start doing this. I usually just flush it through with water and I did get a year out of it without having to do anything major. Someone else here was suggesting just running a bit of neat APC though it after each use. I'll just work out whichever is easier and do that :P

Yes,
    Neat or diluted 1:1
    I use diluted and no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I don't know what the hell is going on with peoples' lances. I've had mine since 2010 and I've used it a lot and never actually cleaned it out and it's still perfect!

I don't know what the hell is going on with peoples' lances. I've had mine since 2010 and I've used it a lot and never actually cleaned it out and it's still perfect!

I live in a very hard water area.
    Full of limescale.
    Water butt may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Same here - haven't had to clean or replace the gauze ever, and I probably use the SF lance a bit more than the average bear.

I follow the same simple procedure every time, i.e. unscrew the bottle from the lance when finished, and squeeze the trigger for a minute letting clean water flush through the gauze.Then, after disconnecting the lance from the hose, tip it up, and with the trigger squeezed, let any trapped water drain back out, so that you can put it away dry.

In fairness, I don't live in a hard water area.

I do live in a hard water area, own well and all. It's bad enough that if I don't hand dry the car after a wash, there's very bad lime marks all over it. It makes even a newly waxed car feel like there's no protection on it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Basically I'm going cleaning my car tomorrow and the front of it is caked in insects and flies and I always struggle to get them of the rest of the is clean by the end of washing it but I always end up with marks left on the front bumper from the insect. Ideally something I can get in halfords.

Here's a few I seen any of them any good or any other suggestions.
    AG insect remover

simoniz bug shifter

turtle wax tar and bug remover

None of those. I told muppetcheck to soak a few microfibres (or any towel you like) in water, preferably hot and leave it on the front of the car. Think about the water as a glue remover. It softens the dried-on insect remains and makes them a doddle to remove. MC said it worked a treat for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

None of those. I told muppetcheck to soak a few microfibres (or any towel you like) in water, preferably hot and leave it on the front of the car. Think about the water as a glue remover. It softens the dried-on insect remains and makes them a doddle to remove. MC said it worked a treat for him.

I'll try that so thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Question fellers

A friend of mine had a milk carton explode on the back seat of her car, its soaked in so shes wondering how to get the stain out

You're in Kildare TP. I think she should bring it straight to Spirit Detailing. He uses special enzyme treatments to remove the bacteria that causes the bad smell. It may cost a bit but it'll be worth it in the long run.

• Advertisement

You're in Kildare TP. I think she should bring it straight to Spirit Detailing. He uses special enzyme treatments to remove the bacteria that causes the bad smell. It may cost a bit but it'll be worth it in the long run.

It would be, but we're talking about someone who refuses to sort out a busted shock, bald tyres and various other things, not a hope she'l do that :o (i've lectured her on it already)

I was thinking hot soapy water and cloth?

To be honest, you're at nothing. once something like that spills in a car, the only way to get rid of it is the right way. Anything else will just cover it up but it will always come back in my experience.

To be honest, you're at nothing. once something like that spills in a car, the only way to get rid of it is the right way. Anything else will just cover it up but it will always come back in my experience.

True, sent the link to her there now, we might have done it! :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

You will 100% never ever get the smell of spilt milk out of a car properly (unless letting a pro at it). My mum spilt some in a car a few years back, smell never went, only went when the car was sold on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

The solution to this problem has been around for donkey's years.

Autosmart Bio Brisk, mixed with warm water to activate it, literally digests the bacteria that give off the foul smelling odours from body fluid spillages (sh1t, p1ss, puke), and also milk.

The truth is out there........

^
    What Randy said. I used some Bio Brisk in one of my cars once that had spilled milk when I was returning from the shop.
    Never got a smell out of the car.
    Great stuff.

vectra wrote: »
    ^
    What Randy said. I used some Bio Brisk in one of my cars once that had spilled milk when I was returning from the shop.
    Never got a smell out of the car.
    Great stuff.

So basically what you've said here is that you used it and it didn't work, yet it's still great stuff :pac:

So basically what you've said here is that you used it and it didn't work, yet it's still great stuff :pac:

There are 26 counties in the ROI.
    And it can only be someone from Tipperary would get it wrong. :P

LOL

There are 26 counties in the ROI.
    And it can only be someone from Tipperary would get it wrong. :P

LOL

"Never got a smell out of the car"

To those of us who have a good handle on the English language, that would read as though it didn't work.

26 counties....and it can only be someone from Cork who can't speak or type properly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Has anyone here used the 50 cal range of products? Always used menzerna/dodo juice/ chemical guys which i sourced off cleancar.ie but they are now gone. Looking at the detailingshed now and i like the look of them but want to know if there is any substance behind the flash packaging? Specifically polishing products and the penta wax.

• Advertisement

To those of us who have a good handle on the English language, that would read as though it didn't work.

26 counties....and it can only be someone from Cork who can't speak or type properly :P

Wel,
    To me and I assume to most others there is a massive difference between the words,

"Never got THE smell out of the car" ;)

Tipp Top of the day to you sir. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Specifically polishing products and the penta wax.

Fortress the polish, is only a hand polish. Not used it too much but does a decent job at restoring colour, dephth and shine, but as with any hand polish it wont to much more than remove light oxidation.

Penta wax is very nice to work with. Very easy to apply and remove! Durable for a wax that is similar in application and removable to that of soft waxes. Smells great too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Wel,
    To me and I assume to most others there is a massive difference between the words,

"Never got THE smell out of the car" ;)

Tipp Top of the day to you sir. :p

As a fellow Cork and Meath person, I'd agree 100%

mik_da_man wrote: »
    As a fellow Cork and Meath person, I'd agree 100%

Typical :pac:

Typical :pac:

Cork 2 / Tipp 0 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anybody using 50 Cal air fresheners? how long have ya found them last? the berry bomb has a lovely smell!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Anyone else take advantage of Detailing Shed's 35% off offer on Sunday? Got myself a few bit. Looking forward to trying the polish as I'm a massive fan of the CG range.

15348388610_8f110fa7db.jpgr

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr Detail

Was an amazing offer. Fair play to the guys.

I even ordered a few bits myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Bad timing for me moneywise so I wasn't able to avail of it. Great offer though, sickened I couldn't make use of it, car has never looked so dirty!

• Advertisement

Not me.
    I spoke with Dave about this and told him I would not be taking advantage of his situation.
    It is bad enough one Supplier closing down in this country without driving what is left out of business.

If many, many people jumped on the bandwagon and ordered in the region of €10k worth of products,
    He would have to let them go for €6.5k

How do you think this would affect his business?

Not for me I am afraid,

Totally uncalled for. :(

Advertisement