Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Other campervan insurance companies in Ireland

• 18-02-2021 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Are there other campervan insurance companies in Ireland besides Dolman, Stuart and Motor Caravan Club of Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Are there other campervan insurance companies in Ireland besides Dolman, Stuart and Motor Caravan Club of Ireland?

Allianz (through Richardson's brokers)
    I think Carole Nash still cover vw only

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rosey999

Any other recommendations at all? Dolmen are proving so slow to get back to us - we have to keep chasing them, and are making us jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops. We'll have to go with them thought if it's the only option...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I found stuarts to be very easy to deal with myself. is it a self build?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

Motorcaravan Club Of Ireland have a New Insurance Scheme, you can phone them and talk with humans who know what Motorcaravaners need. What is possible, European and Ireland / UK breakdown assistance, windscreen cover for larger motorhomes, awning cover, etc, etc, etc. I have been with the club over 15 years, they have never let me down, they go out of their way to help and give free advice to people who are able to listen and take it. They answer the phone and they come back with answers. Give them a shout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

New to this. In general ballpark figures how much would you expect to pay on insurance for something like a converted Ford Transit or VW Transporter ? Assuming older person, several years no claims on car insurance etc

Also I presume for these schemes you have to another vehicle insured in your name ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭Shoog

Carole Nash do not offer their VW insurance in Ireland.
    IVETA also do a vintage/classic insurance but its very limited in scope.

Shoog

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

New to this. In general ballpark figures how much would you expect to pay on insurance for something like a converted Ford Transit or VW Transporter ? Assuming older person, several years no claims on car insurance etc

Also I presume for these schemes you have to another vehicle insured in your name ?

From what I've heard it's around €330 a year for insurance. And there's one scheme that allows you get insured without having a car insured. Think it's around €400 for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 longmeadowwall

Which company has a scheme that allows you to get insured without having a car insured?

Advertisement