Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don't you mean... Santa-tizer :D

God I love a good pun

My offerings :o

Son of a nutcracker it's the chat thread part three

To the window, to the wall, 'til Santa decks these halls

Pass the Santa-tizer, chat thread part Christmas tree

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ho ho hovid 19: Christmas chat thread 3, the pandemic edition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

DvB wrote: »
    "Its beginning to look a lot like the christmas chat thread"

I was going to suggest this :) Would always make you sing the song...a perfect choice :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no, not something covid related, for the love of god! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Oh no, not something covid related, for the love of god! :p

Was thinking that earlier, we may have that thread for a couple of years and not sure i fancy reminders of this mess.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But think of the puns!! The puns!!!

I actually LOVE Ho ho hovid 19- but NO. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Was thinking that earlier, we may have that thread for a couple of years and not sure i fancy reminders of this mess.

They're already selling cribs, figureens and Christmas cards in The bookshop in Ennis.

Probably getting out before we're all locked in :)

Posy wrote: »
    I actually LOVE Ho ho hovid 19- but NO. :pac:

I’m definitely voting for this now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Cant believe I have the first post in the new thread. If I'd know I would have worn something nicer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

https://oakfieldpark.com/santa/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqH7BRDdARIsACTSAdv98k1vmKM0EmsG0p0tlMkgE_BTV3xu_J_TpWHwulOxLQIdVtnHSbgaAg3jEALw_wcB

If anyone is close to Donegal, this might be a nice treat for the kids in the run up to the big day, PS I'm not associated in any way with the business:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Sing It Loud For All To Hear - Spreading Christmas Cheer Part 3

"Its beginning to look a lot like the christmas chat thread"
    I think this is the one to beat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Supposedly the weather's going to cool down over the next few days and it'll be an excuse to watch a snowy dvd :)

Anyone have any ideas for a good winters movie on a cold wet evening?

Stuff the pandemic- it’s time to talk turkey

This is my fave. Or the ho ho hovid one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Mine would be The Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins Chat Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

I think DvB ruined it for everyone else getting in with "Its beginning to look a lot like the Christmas chat thread" ;)

The sing it loud one is good. I was thinking of "Happy Jesus day" or something but as I said above DvB ruined it for everyone. ;)

I had a lovely dark drive to the gym listening to can't wait till Christmas podcast. When I came out just before 7 I couldn't see my car outside as the fog was so think. It was like a dickens scene!! Delighted with the amount of posts I get to read each morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

nthclare wrote: »
    Supposedly the weather's going to cool down over the next few days and it'll be an excuse to watch a snowy dvd :)

Anyone have any ideas for a good winters movie on a cold wet evening?
    You could start with Legends of the Fall !

We have an entire Christmas Movies thread with lots of titles, too.
    Over here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057919921

Cold Pursuit. Great movie, quite funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I see today is the date of the Autumn equinox, the sun is directly over the equator before making it's way south meaning we will officially be into shorter days from tomorrow on-wards.

Time to get the heating on and wrap up!

(whisper: or maybe put up the tree? :) )

This morning was so blustery! I wore shorts for walking the dog but will have to get my cold weather gear out soon :)

This morning was so blustery! I wore shorts for walking the dog but will have to get my cold weather gear out soon :)

All 5 of us left the house in shorts yesterday morning, not today! Big difference in temperature this morning.

Shorts could be getting packed away till next spring/summer.

The Vote for the new thread name is now LIVE!!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058115543

But be quick you only have 2 days to cast your vote!

It's bizarre weather at the moment, the mornings are cold and the afternoons are blistering warm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Loughc wrote: »
    The Vote for the new thread name is now LIVE!!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058115543

But be quick you only have 2 days to cast your vote!

Woohoo... Or should I say ho ho hovid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    I think DvB ruined it for everyone else getting in with "Its beginning to look a lot like the Christmas chat thread" ;)

The sing it loud one is good. I was thinking of "Happy Jesus day" or something but as I said above DvB ruined it for everyone. ;)

And your point is caller? ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

And your point is caller? ;)

You wouldn't believe it Joe, Let me tell you Joe........Joe............Joe......

The take away point is that the forum is uber active and the stats are going to make Loughc swoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The Elves' Break Room

Elves on the Shelves

Tinsel Talk

The Stocking Fillers

Inside the Pudding Bowl

:pac:

I love Tinsel Talk !

Advertisement