Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas TV 2020

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Watched the call the midwife Christmas special tonight, we were both a bit underwhelmed by this years offering being honest, shame as its usually a TV highlight for us over the holidays.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I haven't watched it yet, but I seen the trailer and don't have very high expectations, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

DvB wrote: »
    Watched the call the midwife Christmas special tonight, we were both a bit underwhelmed by this years offering being honest, shame as its usually a TV highlight for us over the holidays.

All tv was/is terrible this year.
    Currently watching Christmas University Challenge each day but the tv shows and specials were bad(covid accepted). Motherland & watching a few Royle Family on iPlayer on just about made it okay this year, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Watched much less TV so far this Christmas for various reasons. Most of the movies have been on streaming services.

Am not too surprised as didn’t see much in the RTÉ guide when I flicked through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So weird now, watching something I recorded that aired pre-Christmas... and seeing all the Christmas ads for supermarkets and turkeys etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

odyssey06 wrote: »
    So weird now, watching something I recorded that aired pre-Christmas... and seeing all the Christmas ads for supermarkets and turkeys etc

I love when that happens. Especially well into the new year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

I watched big fat quiz of the year, it was average. I also think there was no live audience, covid etc., which took away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    I love when that happens. Especially well into the new year.

Even better during the summer (when you finally get round to watching that movie!).

Advertisement