Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2020 purchases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Anyone know a good place/website for outside decorations ( both inflatable and not inflatable)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Anyone know a good place/website for outside decorations ( both inflatable and not inflatable)?

https://www.beechvista.com/m50-christmas-shopp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought a Rabbit garden ornament for the youngest, I know its weird but when she was in her grandparents she carried one around for days. She is a huge Peter Rabbit fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Decided last night Elf1 is getting a new bike so one last big present to sort. Will get on it later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

John Lewis has launched "a virtual Christmas shop for the first time allowing customers to take a 3D tour of their flagship store from their own homes".

https://www.johnlewis.com/content/virtual-christmas-shop

john-lewis-virtual-christmas-shop-oxford-street-london-1601024684.png

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Bought a Rabbit garden ornament for the youngest, I know its weird but when she was in her grandparents she carried one around for days. She is a huge Peter Rabbit fan.

That's so sweet! I'm a Peter Rabbit fan myself.

otnomart wrote: »
    John Lewis has launched "a virtual Christmas shop for the first time allowing customers to take a 3D tour of their flagship store from their own homes".

https://www.johnlewis.com/content/virtual-christmas-shop

john-lewis-virtual-christmas-shop-oxford-street-london-1601024684.png

Omg that is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing otnomart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Got this super cute little card making set in the range for my five year old. Excellent value and will keep us entertained some evening in November

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Got this super cute little card making set in the range for my five year old. Excellent value and will keep us entertained some evening in November

Dealz had something similar the last few years, picked up a few sets when they were clearing their Christmas stock for around 20c each. If they're the same ones the cards are quite little, we used some as gift tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Dealz had something similar the last few years, picked up a few sets when they were clearing their Christmas stock for around 20c each. If they're the same ones the cards are quite little, we used some as gift tags.

I’m ok with that, we don’t actually do cards usually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I was in the works yesterday and all the christmas craft stuff was just staring at me.. I walked away and it just kept calling me back taunting me... "mutleyboo buy me... you know you want to.. I'm so pretty.. think of all the lovely thing you can make with us.. think of the kids and the perfect American cheesy family scenes you can recreate... memories you can make" ..
    You nearly had me there craft section... but I'm no crafter and the kids would just get bored in 2 mins as they cant eat the craft and it would end up in a box with all the previous years ideological ideas that tempted me... still working on a patchwork quilt.. well I bought material...
    So i resisted and bough Christmas slippers in Penny's instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ordered loungewear for my pal, I have one other gift for her, I hope the loungewear fits then thats 1 whole present finished :D

I'm waiting on one more delivery and then my OH's present is all sorted. I have a few ideas for small things that will be a surprise, as he picked his main presents :) delighted to have it sorted good and early.

Eskie wrote: »
    I'm waiting on one more delivery and then my OH's present is all sorted. I have a few ideas for small things that will be a surprise, as he picked his main presents :) delighted to have it sorted good and early.

Same delighted to have OH and kids presents sorted so early. Just bike for Elf1 to get however have a few ideas so hopefully have that boxed away soon as well.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Same delighted to have OH and kids presents sorted so early. Just bike for Elf1 to get however have a few ideas so hopefully have that boxed away soon as well.

The parcel I was waiting on will be here today, it's like waiting for Santa :D

Eskie wrote: »
    The parcel I was waiting on will be here today, it's like waiting for Santa :D

Just you can't open it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We added a couple of football shirts to the kids 'santa list' after they begged us for some new ones (we normally would get them ones when away on holidays but as ours didn't happen this summer this didn't happen) so these are being ordered today, once thay arrive that's the kids sorted, other than some small bits for their stockings.

We had originally said we wouldn't spend as much on presents this year but being the year that's in it we said sod it & got them some extra bits.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    We had originally said we wouldn't spend as much on presents this year but being the year that's in it we said sod it & got them some extra bits.

We just did the same for Elf1's birthday. As she couldn't have a party with her school friends or even a family one, we pushed the boat out and spent more on presents for her. Money would have gone on a party so ended up costing less anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We just did the same for Elf1's birthday. As she couldn't have a party with her school friends or even a family one, we pushed the boat out and spent more on presents for her. Money would have gone on a party so ended up costing less anyway.

good call there. We'd have done the same.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Awhh thats lovely the kids have missed out on so much this year when you think about it, they will be all chuffed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Newlands Garden Centre have all their trees up. I may have purchased one or ten decorations....

I have a few presents bought which is good but struggling with ideas now for everyone!

Just you can't open it :)

I opened it :pac:

It's all put away now, and his main gift for me arrived today too :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Ordered loungewear for my pal, I have one other gift for her, I hope the loungewear fits then thats 1 whole present finished :D

The loungewear I ordered is out of stock they are refunding me,
    downside to shopping online, finding out a couple of days later when you think you are sorted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, that's disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Joining you all here for the 1st time.
    With the way things are, I am looking to get organised earlier than normal.
    No Santa here but 2 Teen/almost Teen Kids and Husband.
    Have youngest's Gifts bought except for stocking fillers.
    Oldest child partly done.
    Husband's gift decided on but not bought yet.
    Undecided on whether to wait for Black Friday etc

Will just be the 4 of us this Christmas.
    Ordered the Turkey and Ham today. Butcher said that he had a lot of orders already - much earlier than normal.
    Have started adding a few non-perishable to the weekly Tesco order.

Need to sort extended family gifts as will need to post them all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I got a text from hubbie while I was in work this morning "Your daily Amazon delivery has arrived" :) I replied, "You'll thank me when us early birds are all sorted for Christmas and the kids will be happy they got everything they wanted"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I got a text from hubbie while I was in work this morning "Your daily Amazon delivery has arrived" :) I replied, "You'll thank me when us early birds are all sorted for Christmas and the kids will be happy they got everything they wanted"

The DPD or An Post man (with Amazon parcels) sees my wife more than I do during the work day lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The DPD or An Post man (with Amazon parcels) sees my wife more than I do during the work day lol.

Jaysus I’ll keep an eye on that if I were you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Loughc wrote: »
    Jaysus I’ll keep an eye on that if I were you :P

Twas the topic of the last Ross O'Carroll Kelly podcast...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where I might get a dolls pram suitable for a 6 year old? All the ones in Smyths are teeny tiny :( She's her heart set on a double pram

Twin Wave stroller not suitable?

Advertisement