Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Primavera Sound 2020

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Vagina Dentata Organ added this morning

Is it safe to google them on a work computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is it safe to google them on a work computer?

Let us know how this works out for you. :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Let us know how this works out for you. :eek:

Turns out its some old school Baleric dj or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Turns out its some old school Baleric dj or something!
    Nah, he's a (would be) transgressive noise performance artist of the Throbbing Gristle / PTV school.
    New to me too, mind.
    He'll be on in the Auditori I believe.
    This tv performance apparently caused a bit of a stir in Spain when it was aired in 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was just sent this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

83093206_1485050231653746_7509161958076055552_o.jpg.6b9615fd9edac83e327b33db8b516a34.jpg

primavera-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

Bought an early bird ticket which just says 4th-6th. Does anyone know if this will still give me access to the 7th?

The Jesus and Mary Chain and Metronomy both playing on the Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Plush289 wrote: »
    Bought an early bird ticket which just says 4th-6th. Does anyone know if this will still give me access to the 7th?
    yep.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully it means we get a Strokes show here during the summer, maybe 3Arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tock

Whats the difference between vip and normal? Is it worth it plus they has these accommodation tickets - never been but keen to go this year, whats the best options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The Jesus and Mary Chain and Metronomy both playing on the Wednesday.

Any word on which day Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever are on? I'm only there Wednesday to Sunday so if its Monday or Tuesday I'll miss out!

Thursday and Friday look stacked. Strokes is a nice surprise.

I better get digging on the Saturday though. Chromatics, King Krule and Iggy is a great start there but I've not heard of much else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Hopefully it means we get a Strokes show here during the summer, maybe 3Arena?

Maybe Kilmainham

Any word on which day Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever are on? I'm only there Wednesday to Sunday so if its Monday or Tuesday I'll miss out!

Thursday and Friday look stacked. Strokes is a nice surprise.

I better get digging on the Saturday though. Chromatics, King Krule and Iggy is a great start there but I've not heard of much else!!

I'd say possibly the wednesday if they are doing a gig at the forum? Or maybe sunday. I'm due to go thursday to monday so it's luck really.

DIIV, weyes blood, freddie gibbs, boy harsher, shame and jenny hval are my picks from the undercard on saturday but it is a bit light, like last years saturday was too.

RBCF are playing the Monday before at the "Opening Party".

RBCF are playing the Monday before at the "Opening Party".

Thanks and damn, not going to make that. Heard on FB that Metronomy are Wednesday.

think i'm gonna give this a miss as my regular gig buddy can't make it, so if anyone needs an early bird ticket lemme know

Anybody ever sell a ticket on before. I have a buyer (friend of a friend) for my early bird, is there a way of transferring ownership or would a copy of my passport suffice and a cover letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

sweetie wrote: »
    Anybody ever sell a ticket on before. I have a buyer (friend of a friend) for my early bird, is there a way of transferring ownership or would a copy of my passport suffice and a cover letter?

They are using Dice now

https://www.primaverasound.com/ca/news/introducing-dice

According to the Dice site there is an option to transfer tickets to someone else safely using the Dice app.

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    They are using Dice now

https://www.primaverasound.com/ca/news/introducing-dice

According to the Dice site there is an option to transfer tickets to someone else safely using the Dice app.

thanks, it seems you have to have bought the ticket through Dice to transfer it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

I go every year but had a spare ticket a few years ago and sold it to a guy in Andalucia. Sent him a letter of authorisation and copy of my ID (as per a tweet from PS) and all went well afaik. I'm sure this would suffice for your buyer. Chances are they won't ask for ID anyway.

I go every year but had a spare ticket a few years ago and sold it to a guy in Andalucia. Sent him a letter of authorisation and copy of my ID (as per a tweet from PS) and all went well afaik. I'm sure this would suffice for your buyer. Chances are they won't ask for ID anyway.

yeah I've been advised this would be ok. I've emailed PS sound to check if this is still the case. cheers

Porto lineup:

83830431_1268609730001939_1321363009490124800_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=oCo6F8ENwBkAX-3lP93&_nc_ht=scontent.fsdv2-1.fna&oh=710c68be61577e5542aac95e85d4dae2&oe=5EC60D77

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Decided on Porto myself after 3 previous Barcelona Primaveras, getting too jammed these days.

Happy enough with the above line-up. If I had known DIIV were playing I maybe wouldn't have booked a trip to see them in Brighton the 29th of this month. Also have 2 tickets for Richard Dawson's sold out gig in Whelans.

rumour is that this will be moved to the last weekend in August, Porto the weekend after (same weekend as EP)

rumour is that this will be moved to the last weekend in August, Porto the weekend after (same weekend as EP)

I would have thought that moving Primavera to a different date is a lot harder than moving camping festivals. All the hotels that are booked etc

I would have thought that moving Primavera to a different date is a lot harder than moving camping festivals. All the hotels that are booked etc

my hotel was cancellable up until the day before. I assume most would also work with the festival and move dates for people like the airlines. My sister was due to go to Lisbon today. She moved her flights and her hotel with minimal cost.

• Advertisement

my hotel was cancellable up until the day before. I assume most would also work with the festival and move dates for people like the airlines. My sister was due to go to Lisbon today. She moved her flights and her hotel with minimal cost.

I stupidly didn't pay for the cancellation option!

Advertisement