Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

• 14-08-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Adidas Mens' Sky Bib Shorts €24.99 +P&P here as highlighted by LightningBolt in this thread. 2% off an order with code 'FDNC'.

Garmin Edge 500 £99.97 reserve and collect only (UK) here. May be got for same price elsewhere with pricematching policy. Please keep me informed if anyone manages this ;)

Mod Note: This thread is for bargains only. Please keep chat to a minimum, and bargain related.

SECOND MOD NOTE:
    MOD VOICE: FFS, it is a bargain thread. It is also a discussion site. You can ask about the bargains, offer alternatives, point out why it is not a bargain. Try not to go off topic though. If someone starts too, report the bloody post and I will sing by and delete it, send them a PM. From now on though, anyone who posts asking "is it a bargain thread" or "I thought this was bargain alerts not random whatever thread", I won't bother my hole with a warning. Christ, how does what should be one of the most simplest threads become such a sinkhole for moderation time. Grow up, everyone.

THIRD MOD NOTE:
    bargain alert codes - if there are bargain codes shared in this thread which are in theory not meant to be made public, the company in question should get in contact directly with the boards.ie office to action this; the mods here are not in a position to know or police which are, and which are not, public.

Dedicated LIDL/Aldi Bargain thread is this away
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789765

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nice idea for a thread.

Get 6% cashback on those shorts using Fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Love the very over dramatic thread title;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

sort the websites by discount to see highest % off (does ths count)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

sort the websites by discount to see highest % off (does ths count)

Discount is a load of horseshíte, I've worked in places with 50% all year round. Comparing prices is the only way to know you're getting a good bargain.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Discount is a load of horseshíte, I've worked in places with 50% all year round. Comparing prices is the only way to know you're getting a good bargain.

well i got a pair of vision clip on bars for 25 quid doing that

tell me that this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47685 stainless steel cable isnt a real steal ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Lemag wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 500 £99.97 reserve and collect only (UK) here. May be got for same price elsewhere with pricematching policy. Please keep me informed if anyone manages this ;)
    Success!!!! Price matched with Evans Cycles. I had to ring them and email them with the link of 'Best Buy' on the Garmin GB site to prove that they were authorised dealers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Success!!!! Price matched with Evans Cycles. I had to ring them and email them with the link of 'Best Buy' on the Garmin GB site to prove that they were authorised dealers.

They gave me the same issues so I just wrote them an e-mail with everything you mentioned previously and hopefully they'll be back to me ASAP. Do they have a next day delivery option?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Wiggle have some good discounts (at east 20%) on a lot of items today:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sale/cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Have u managed to purchase from Evans at that price ?

CramCycle wrote: »
    They gave me the same issues so I just wrote them an e-mail with everything you mentioned previously and hopefully they'll be back to me ASAP. Do they have a next day delivery option?
    I don't know. I just went with their free delivery service. Should be easy enough to find out from their site.
    It worked. I rang them and emailed the sales assistant with both the Best Buy link and the Garmin link whilst keeping him on the phone. He then asked me to request the pricematch via their website and he picked it up straight away and emailed me with the coupon code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭delynet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I think the thread title is a bit farcical really. The tonal emphasis should be on the cosnonant 'n'. don don doonnnnn. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I think the thread title is a bit farcical really. The tonal emphasis should be on the cosnonant 'n'. don don doonnnnn. :D

Im assuming he's just from Norn Iron.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I grew being told it was : DUN-DA-DUN, DUN, DUUNNNNNAANNAANNAANNAANNAA

not DON like Tony Soprano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Tried the price match option, got rejected due to
    The reason(s) for this are:

Unfortunately the competitor does not have stock of the GPS. Conditions: Only identical items (including colour and size variations), in stock and available for immediate delivery/collection from an authorised UK retailer will be price matched.

So replied to their mail, will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Just got an email from On One about a special they're having on their long sleeved merino tops. Reduced from c.€67 to c.€27. Delivery is around €6 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Just got an email from On One about a special they're having on their long sleeved merino tops. Reduced from c.€67 to c.€27. Delivery is around €6 though.

Cheers, seem to have a few tempting offers on baselayers and jerseys, I really need to avoid this thread in future :p

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

This looks like a tempting offer, what is the differences between the merino wool jerseys and the standard polyester ones.
    Are there any benefits of one over the other ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

I have an urban frog ls merino base layer. Personally I find it regulates body temperature much better than polyester, wicks sweat better and also despite dogs abuse hasn't even the faintest whiff of anything nasty on it.

Didn't work for me, called them and they said online sales only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

A few months back I was interested in an On One merino top so I tried to dig out some reviews. I found several positive ones and several that mentioned that the branded one, which I think is the one that you linked to, had shrunk significantly after a few washes. Of the small numbers of people that reported their experiences in one online thread it seemed like half of them had problems, the other half had none. Nothing definitive in that, unfortunately, but at 27euro it's an easier risk to take than at the RRP.

Incidentally, I have a Planet-X merino "jersey" that I've been using for commuting for a few months. It's been working out well for me but to my mind the quality of the merino wool itself isn't great (by comparison to some merino base layers that I have) and the fit is a bit "floppy". Though fine for commuting I wouldn't use it for a spin on the bike as the pockets I'd find useless (anything in the pockets would drag it all over the place) and when it gets wet it stays wet (not a problem if you remain warm of course but for a long spin I'm not sure I would). It's made with 250gsm merino wool, which makes it on the heavy side for any warm weather but fine for cold days. The website doesn't seem to say what weight of wool is used in the On One jersey, unfortunately. Niggles aside though, based on my experiences with the Planet X jersey 27euro for the On One jersey looks like very good value (for a commuting top).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Didn't work for me, called them and they said online sales only
    Tried the price match option, got rejected due to

So replied to their mail, will see what happens.

I just had an online price match request rejected but I called them and they put it through. I had emailed best buy and they confirmed that they still have limited stock available.

The T&Cs for their price match are here: http://www.evanscycles.com/help/price-promise
    Price Promise Conditions: Only identical items (including colour and size variations), in stock and available for immediate delivery/collection from an authorised UK retailer will be price matched.

Sweet deal. Thanks LeMag for the heads up!

Garmin 500 dispatched - Sweet!!

Tried from a different email and got the price match, major thanks to Lemag!!

Tried from a different email and got the price match, major thanks to Lemag!!
    You can buy me a pint in the Sin é ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

You can buy me a pint in the Sin é ;)

I should probably buy you a pint aswell so.

just ordered the edge 500. There was no too-ing or fro-ing with emails. I submitted the price match form and couple of minutes later got a discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

lennymc wrote: »
    There was no too-ing or fro-ing with emails. I submitted the price match form and couple of minutes later got a discount code.
    Same for me, they sent me a code within 6 minutes. Now the only to-ing and fro-ing going on is me trying to decide if I need/want/can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Just submitted the form. Fingers crossed :)

You can 3% cashback on fatcheese too, for anyone that hasn't ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Thanks a million for the link...I just rang them straight on +44(0)1293 574900 They put it straight through and I am now the proud owner of an Edge 500, for a little more than I would have paid for a Cateye Strada!!!

Cheers again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement