Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Def Jux fans out there?

Options
  • 17-11-2003 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Just wonderin', as there by far my favourite label right now.

I just can't stop listeing to Aesop Rock - Labor Days. Bazooka Tooth is a bit...too heavy at times (makes my head spin).

Otherwise, Co-Flow are probably my favourite group of all time (well, tied with Pre "The W" Wu-Tang). El-P was, and is, the man in terms of Indie Hip Hop.

The rest of the Def Jux crew, Can Ox, Murs, RJD2 are all good too and if you've never heard of any of the Def Jux crew, you might want to check them out.
    I'd highly recommend Aesop Rock - Labour Days or Funcrusherplus by Company Flow.

So anyone else out there? Who's your favourite Def Jux artist? Albums? etc, etc...

Or would you like to see 50 Cent do a drive by on the whole Def Jux crew and take out Independant Hip Hop altogether?
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Cold Vein is one of my all time favourite albums.
    And End To End Burners is one of my favourite songs.
    Def Jux records are way too expensive here, so it's not always easy to get my hands on the material.
    Aesop Rock is pretty amazing alright.
    Can Ox are Def Jux artists of choice though, El-P can annoy me at times. I dunno why, I just cant take too much of his voice.
    That said Fantastic Damage is really good album. And his production skills are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I've a fair few alright.. deadringer, i phantom, cold vein, funcrusher plus, labor days, bazooka tooth, little johnny.. Labor Days & Deadringer being my favourites, totally agree about Bazooka Tooth, its not exactly easy listening at all (way to difficult to try and figure out what each song is actually about).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Def Jux records are way too expensive here, so it's not always easy to get my hands on the material.

Dubliner too.
    I just can't find them, I know Bazooka Tooth was in HMV a while back but besides that theres only Funcrusher Plus and the Damage Instrumentals.
    I just get all my stuff either on Ebay second hand, or from Amazon. It's usually cheaper too, considering imports in HMV are around 25-30.

El-P's is one of my favourite producers deffintiley, though I'll admit the first time I heard him I wasn't too keen on him.

Quick, sort of related question, has Aesop Rock ever played here? I know El P and Can Ox have but Aesop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah around Spring time this year.
    With RJD2 and El-P in the Redbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Anyone know if they're returning anytime in the near future ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement