Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vraj009

Do you know which one is the final one ? (Permitted or proposed)

commanjoe wrote: »
    You will find it here https://planning.agileapplications.ie/dunlaoghaire/application-details/85385

Two of the files here are called part v permitted and Part V proposed. The social housing units are highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

Can anybody please help.

Did anyone hire any interior decorator. If so would appreciate if anyone can give me names.

Only 2 light points for the entire living room sounds a bit less. Are they sufficient? What lights are recommended?

Re the flooring , which one is the best with 2 young kids?

Lastly, any recommendations for funiture? Beds? Mattresses etc.

Thanks in advance. Please provide responses

• Registered Users Posts: 4 the_mountain

JDD wrote: »
    decorfali9 - just to say, I've checked on our facebook group and attic conversions are definitely possible, in Ferns and Bilberry's anyway. I think there might be an issue with Elders, because of the "roof pitch" but otherwise lots of people on the estate got their attics converted with a sign off from a structural engineer.

Hey JDD ,i was speaking to the slaes Agent and he mentioned some elders have converted thier attick already , have you seen any of these ?

commanjoe wrote: »
    You will find it here

Two of the files here are called part v permitted and Part V proposed. The social housing units are highlighted.

thanks for the link
    are these the ones referred to as Neighborhood center ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

Can someone please clarify if it is common for contract to include conditions like

"House or part can not be used to trade or run business from and not to permit to reside in more than house is designed to accommodate and shall use it for the purpose of single private or professional residence"

We only want to use it as our primary residence but were wondering if such clauses can cause problem while selling in future. I guess the clause prevents subletting. We are going to take it up with our solicitor as well but have heard that the builder solicitor is usually against the changes. We do not mind signing if this is the standard practice. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

twoeyes wrote: »
    Can someone please clarify if it is common for contract to include conditions like

"House or part can not be used to trade or run business from and not to permit to reside in more than house is designed to accommodate and shall use it for the purpose of single private or professional residence"

We only want to use it as our primary residence but were wondering if such clauses can cause problem while selling in future. I guess the clause prevents subletting. We are going to take it up with our solicitor as well but have heard that the builder solicitor is usually against the changes. We do not mind signing if this is the standard practice. Thanks!

You need to get planning permission to change the use of the house for a business - say a doctors surgery or something. That's why that clause is there I expect - the planning granted for building the house is for a private residence only.

Plus there are building laws to say you must have x amount of square footage per person in a house/apartment. I assume they turn a blind eye if you have six children or something, but it means you can't let the house out to 20 students, otherwise you are in breach of your contract.

I don't think it would cause issues when you are selling. You could keep those clauses out of whatever contract you enter into with your buyer. But the fact remains that the new owner would be in breach of planning laws if they put in a shop, or if they let out the house to more people than it is designed to occupy.

Newhomebuyer - can't help you on the interior designer front. All we did was get floors put in and I honestly can't remember the guys name. He did the showhouse floors though. All our furniture is Ikea. Can't have nice things when our kids will only wreck them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Quick question - is the 28 days clause for signing the contracts in order to avail white goods - more around we signing the contracts, or Matheson receiving signed contracts within 28 days?

Quick question - is the 28 days clause for signing the contracts in order to avail white goods - more around we signing the contracts, or Matheson receiving signed contracts within 28 days?

Matheson receiving the contracts unfortunately. I work across the road from their offices, and had to run across and drop them to the front desk at 4pm on the deadline day (which was actually in our case about day 32 because of various delays on their part and a couple of bank holidays).

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Hi All - any recommendations for a good snagger? Going for snagging in early Jan - hence need few options to shortlist from...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

In relate to clay farm phase 2, it doesn't allow for any extension or alteration without planning permission even ordinarily be except.

Would everyone know about it?

• Advertisement

c00114110 wrote: »
    In relate to clay farm phase 2, it doesn't allow for any extension or alteration without planning permission even ordinarily be except.

Would everyone know about it?

I don't remember that in our contract. I assume as long as you are adhering to the building regulations i.e. you build at the back of the house and the extension is a single story and is no more that 40sqm, then you don't need planning permission. I can't see how the seller (Park) can make you apply for planning permission, post sale, for an extension that doesn't need it. I'm not even sure you CAN apply for planning permission for a rear extension of less that 40sqm.

JDD wrote: »
    I don't remember that in our contract. I assume as long as you are adhering to the building regulations i.e. you build at the back of the house and the extension is a single story and is no more that 40sqm, then you don't need planning permission. I can't see how the seller (Park) can make you apply for planning permission, post sale, for an extension that doesn't need it. I'm not even sure you CAN apply for planning permission for a rear extension of less that 40sqm.

I hope you are right. But I know this restriction becomes normal in new build home in Dublin.

Will find more detail about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I recall this coming up a few times previously.

If I remember correctly the local authority can make it a condition of the entire development that any additions require planning.

Graham wrote: »
    I recall this coming up a few times previously.

If I remember correctly the local authority can make it a condition of the entire development that any additions require planning.

Is that right? God, I don't remember discussing this at all at the time, but we had no intention of extending before we moved in, as we felt the garden was too small. We were, and still are, much more focused on converting the attic in order to get more space.

Now that we've been here a while, you could absolutely extend at the back, and still be left with a decent garden. I wonder what the local authority's problem with small extensions are?

If I was to try and get a bigger kitchen (we're in a Fern) I would probably think about moving the downstairs toilet under the stairs and open the kitchen into where the downstairs toilet is now, and maybe into the utility room. That would give you enough room to put in a kitchen island and a bigger kitchen table. It wouldn't give you enough space to put in a couch or anything, but it'd be good enough - and a lot cheaper than an extension and having to pay for planning permission!

Two interesting questions for clay farm house, does buyer owns the land or lease the land? And does the house (not apartment) needs to pay any management fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Leonardohann

Does anyone know of any attic conversion done on an Elder (3 bed)? Would appreciate any leads

Does anyone know of any attic conversion done on an Elder (3 bed)? Would appreciate any leads

the sales agent mentioned that he had seen Elder houses in phases 1 attic converted already . but didn't see this myself . i would appreciate if anyone in the group would help to confirm this info .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Digiteer

Who is currently looking after management of the estate as litter, dog poo appearing everywhere since the greenway to Stepaside opened. Currently the greenway bridge etc full of dog poo.!! Baby pram & shopping trolley abandoned at Apartment Larchfield Hall.

Lots of people traffic from Ballyogan to Stepaside through Clay Farm and many people using playgrounds & eco park are from Stepaside/Ballyogan.

In the evening teenagers drinking/ hanging out at eco park. Who does a resident direct complaints..?? To Park or Savills.

Wow.. the forthcoming East Village part of Clayfarm will include over 295 apartments spread over 16 blocks..!! The existing house buyers will be furious as density will be a major issue. Park Developments have said East Village will be private build to rent..!!

Since Greenway opened, full of dogs off leash and dog poop.!! Owners don’t give a toss.!! Next phase of development will be build to rent. East Village will be over 295 apartments spread over 16 blocks..!! All apts will be rented.

I’m having reservations since moving here. Stepaside/Ballyogan people using eco park, playgrounds & basketball. Teenagers drinking in Eco Park at night.

People dumping rubbish, old pranks & shopping trolleys..!! In the future along with Cherrywood, these developments will be for immigrant workers..!! Luas already operating over capacity..!! Dunnes full of feral teenagers and council will now build more apartments in Ballyogan..!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

stop the press! Stepaside/Ballyogan people using eco park, playgrounds & basketball. Have you called the Gardai yet?

You could have either view the pending planning applications before buying or objected to them if they went live after. These lands will be developed.

My understanding was the playgrounds/parks are for the use of Clayfarm residents as some playgrounds have “private for residents only signs”

Considering the sheer amount of apartments & houses when Clayfarm is finished and only one small park available.

There seems to be still lots if property available including houses & apartments. Plans for hundreds more. No panic, no rush.

Over 295 apartment in East Village. 16 blocks stretching from the greenway and across the main road to the Eco Park. 4-6 floors high and consisting of 1,2,3 bed apartments..!!
    Thats over 600-800 residents in East Village apartments alone..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rxchxy

I don't get what your issue here is, you're just repeating the same things again and again. None of it is new information - the East Village was always on the plans. If you didn't want to live near apartments then you should have bought elsewhere. Of course people are going to use the walkway through from Stepaside to Clayfarm, that's why it was opened, there is a need for it there as there was no real alternative. Surely people using the Eco Park, playgrounds and courts is a good thing? I would much prefer people use them than they just sit there unused and falling into disrepair. Maybe you should go buy a house and lots of land in the middle of nowhere if the sight of other people bothers you so much

East Village was to be initially houses like much of clayfarm, that has all changed now as the many apartment blocks are replacing the originally planned 3-4 bed homes..!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Digiteer wrote: »
    East Village was to be initially houses like much of clayfarm, that has all changed now as the many apartment blocks are replacing the originally planned 3-4 bed homes..!!

Did you object to the plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Does anybody know how much The Fern houses went for in phase 2? And what exactly is left house wise?

Around €490000 for 3 bed..!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Clay Farm was always proposed as like a "mini village" type thing so the huge number of units shouldn't surprise anyone.

Advertisement