Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I sat down and watched the 2018 version of The Grinch last night.Lovely animation,funny and featured some cute animals.
    It proved a winner in this house!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

otnomart wrote: »
    The trailer forAngela's Christmas Wish is out.
    Oooh, can't wait for this- although I might keep it for Christmas Day, as Christmas telly can be a bit rubbish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

We started watching the adults Christmas films last night. First up was Bad Santa which I haven't seen in years. Tonight after much debate about whether its a Christmas or Halloween movie we're watching Krampus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭bladespin

otnomart wrote: »
    The trailer forAngela's Christmas Wish is out.

Looks great !

As said already, saving that for the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Watched Shop Around the Corner last night, (Christmas more of a background thing in it) a classic and far better than You've Got Mail which was loosely based on it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Anyone watch The Christmas Chronicles 2 on netflix yet? I know it only went available yesterday but our two are going mad to watch it. Suspect it'll get a run tomorrow before the toy show starts!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Watched Shop Around the Corner last night, (Christmas more of a background thing in it) a classic and far better than You've Got Mail which was loosely based on it.
    I love the original too, although I still have a soft spot for You've Got Mail !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

I liked 'Yes Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus (TV 1991)' - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103305/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

DvB wrote: »
    Anyone watch The Christmas Chronicles 2 on netflix yet? I know it only went available yesterday but our two are going mad to watch it. Suspect it'll get a run tomorrow before the toy show starts!

Quoting myself here, but we watched it tonight and its only okay. Not as good as the first one IMO but the wife and kids loved it. I know a lot of you weren't mad on the first one so if you're one of them I'd not bother.

Cameo for Darlene Love though!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Going to sign up to Netflix now we out of the stone ages so will give them both a watch.

• Advertisement

We won't be hearing from TRS for about 6 years, there will be so much to watch and catch up on. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    We won't be hearing from TRS for about 6 years, there will be so much to watch and catch up on. :pac:

I think the OH has a list somewhere, not that she’ll admit it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

We watched it before the Toy Show too. I had been so excited for it, but found it disappointing. I guess I shouldn't have built it up so much. The kids enjoyed it though.
    I got in quite a few of the hallmark Netflix Christmas flicks the past couple of weeks, and have to say that some of them were quite good. I quite liked Christmas Rush and The Christmas Calendar.

Introduced Elves 1&2 to Home Alone this morning. Forgot how funny it is watching the whole thing.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Introduced Elves 1&2 to Home Alone this morning. Forgot how funny it is watching the whole thing.

Doubled up and watched Home Alone2 yesterday evening. Forgot the great Christmas songs in this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I watched Noelle on Disney Plus.
    The set up reminded me a bit of Arthur Christmas but I really enjoyed it.

Noelle Kringle has to go find her brother Nick who is training to be Santa after he leaves the North Pole. Anna Kendrick is Noelle and I found it an easy watch.

Keep n eye out for the adorable (cgi) baby reindeer called Snowcone!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

E4 will be airing A Christmas Encore at 6am on saturday morning...
    A struggling actress falls in love with her director during a production of A Christmas Carol. Romantic drama, starring Maggie Lawson and Brennan Elliott.

Closer to Christmas, RTE will have some Hallmark movies in their afternoon movie slot.
    Sat 12 December - A royal christmas ball starring Tara Reid
    Sun 13 December - Coming home for christmas starring Danica McKellar (Wonder Years)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have watched so far:
    Arthur Christmas
    Christmas with the Kranks
    White Christmas
    The night before, forgot what a good one that is, my OH hates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

TRS30 wrote: »

:D:D There was never any doubt in my mind.. Christmas without John McClean isn't Christmas:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Watched Last Christmas from last year last Saturday. Was about 10 mins in when it became clear what the plot would be. Enjoyed it all the same, but would watch a sequel which revolved around 'Santa' and 'Boy' in a heartbeat :D

I haven't watched any Christmas films yet this year!

Must get my act together asap- hoping to get Fred Claus and the Dolly Parton one watched this weekend, and will try and get the Christmas Chronicles sequel looked at soon- I wasn't a mad fan of the first one, so it'll just be a filler film.

We watched the family man again last night, still love it, & still get a little lump in my throat at the end. Such a cool little movie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We watched the family man again last night, still love it, & still get a little lump in my throat at the end. Such a cool little movie.

Get on Trapped in Paradise next, not quite as good as Family Man but still a nice hidden Nicolas Cage Gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

My OH has vetoed that one this year, she cannot stand nick cage.

Watched Scrooged last night while doing Christmas cards. A Bill Murray classic.

Loughc wrote: »
    Get on Trapped in Paradise next, not quite as good as Family Man but still a nice hidden Nicolas Cage Gem.

Watched it a while ago, wasn't as mad on it unfortunately. Twas okay but not in rewatch territory for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

The Santa clause is free on sky store at the moment. Search for Tim Allen to bring it up and should show as being free. Did here anyway.

corblimey wrote: »
    would watch a sequel which revolved around 'Santa' and 'Boy' in a heartbeat :D

Me too !
    Santa and Boy were the most memorable characters for me (and the Mother too, but she was straight out of a Panto for most of the movie !)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I haven't watched any Christmas films yet this year!
    Me neither !

Advertisement