Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I actually looked up to see if they were open today and I might have driven down for a laugh.

But sadly, corona virus has even scuppered those plans. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Right, all packed. Just can't wait to be down there.

Gonna hit the road early tomorrow to hopefully avoid the traffic issues from last year? Anyone have a link for the red entrance route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

D.Q wrote: »
    Right, all packed. Just can't wait to be down there.

Gonna hit the road early tomorrow to hopefully avoid the traffic issues from last year? Anyone have a link for the red entrance route?

Should get there just in time for ATN 2021...#trafficbanter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

On the plus side, at least work is ok today..... Not the usual tuesday after the August BH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

All gone very quiet around here... as is to be expected I suppose.

I know there's plenty of speculation on whether festivals will actually happen next year in the electric picnic thread, but what are peoples thoughts on ATN?? What's going to happen? If next year is a no go again, I fear that would be that.... No coming back really, unless they've taken a gamble and successfully invested our ticket money somewhere??!! (I actaully wouldnt have a problem with this, if they were open about it!)

I feckin LOVED both ATN's, I really don't want to see it die, it had so much potential.

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    All gone very quiet around here... as is to be expected I suppose.

I know there's plenty of speculation on whether festivals will actually happen next year in the electric picnic thread, but what are peoples thoughts on ATN?? What's going to happen? If next year is a no go again, I fear that would be that.... No coming back really, unless they've taken a gamble and successfully invested our ticket money somewhere??!! (I actaully wouldnt have a problem with this, if they were open about it!)

I feckin LOVED both ATN's, I really don't want to see it die, it had so much potential.

I'm fairly optimistic that a combination of vaccines, improved treatments and rapid testing will have some effect by next summer, allowing certain events to go ahead. Outdoor festivals/concerts would surely be safer options than packed indoor gigs, so may return quicker?

It may be that you have to provide a clear test to gain entry, or even be tested on entry (which would put last years queues in perspective).

If there are no festivals next summer, many will go to the wall and never return.

I live in hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I'm fairly optimistic that a combination of vaccines, improved treatments and rapid testing will have some effect by next summer, allowing certain events to go ahead. Outdoor festivals/concerts would surely be safer options than packed indoor gigs, so may return quicker?

It may be that you have to provide a clear test to gain entry, or even be tested on entry (which would put last years queues in perspective).

If there are no festivals next summer, many will go to the wall and never return.

I live in hope!!

You'll get electronic wristbands with bluetooth on them, and if somebody tests positive during/after the festival they can contact trace to find out who was in contact with said person during the festival.
    That and maybe, pre-testing the day before & anyone who tests positive is refused.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/10/29/too-hot-to-rock/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,597 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

timmyntc wrote: »
    You'll get electronic wristbands with bluetooth on them, and if somebody tests positive during/after the festival they can contact trace to find out who was in contact with said person during the festival.
    That and maybe, pre-testing the day before & anyone who tests positive is refused.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/10/29/too-hot-to-rock/

It's an interesting concept. Wonder would it be combined with festival wristband so have to wear it all the time but would obviously be very difficult to ensure thousands all wore it and didn't attempt to take it off say.

The bit about having to wear it 10 days in advance is a bit mad but if it's the price to pay to go to festival or not having any, say people would be willing to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Eod100 wrote: »
    It's an interesting concept. Wonder would it be combined with festival wristband so have to wear it all the time but would obviously be very difficult to ensure thousands all wore it and didn't attempt to take it off say.

The bit about having to wear it 10 days in advance is a bit mad but if it's the price to pay to go to festival or not having any, say people would be willing to.

10 days in advance is mad, I agree. As is the wristband tracking your temperature, heartbeat and sleep patterns!

I think the survey is just to see what they could get away with - hopefully not too much.

Don't want to be refused access to a gig because of poor sleeping habits & life choices

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Prof Luke O'Neill mentioned that although the vaccine trials are looking positive, he thinks masks, handwashing and social distancing will be in place for some time. On that basis i'd be shocked if festivals go ahead next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1109/1176940-pfizer-covid-vaccine/

So can we start dreaming again? In 2020 I learned to stop having hopes and dreams, just easier that way, if anything good happens it’s a pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lets hope we see a return of gigs in early/mid 2021

Will they ever go with non camping day tickets ?? Would like to go out and see Iggy Pop. Not a fan of camping

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

https://districtmagazine.ie/news/ticketmaster-plan-to-check-if-concert-goers-have-received-covid-vaccine/

I’m feeling more hopeful for next year, the industry could not take another 2020 and so it seems vested parties are taking steps.

https://districtmagazine.ie/news/ticketmaster-plan-to-check-if-concert-goers-have-received-covid-vaccine/

I’m feeling more hopeful for next year, the industry could not take another 2020 and so it seems vested parties are taking steps.

Yup, think next summer has to have festivals in some shape or form......or we can kiss many of the smaller ones goodbye. This is definitely a way to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yup, think next summer has to have festivals in some shape or form......or we can kiss many of the smaller ones goodbye. This is definitely a way to make it happen.

Smaller ticketing firms that many of the smaller festivals use most likely won't have the capabilities or resouces that ticketmaster have to make this work. This might push the smaller festivals back towards TM or push them out of business completely.

I don't think the Pfizer vaccine will be widely enough available in time for festivals to plan sufficiently in advance. What happends if EP go with this TM plan and book all their acts, but the distribution of the (two dose) vaccine is behind schedule. We could have say only 40% of ticket buyers vaccinated by the time the festivasl rolls around. What about the other 60%? refunds? Are you going to pay the acts and support services just 40%? I cannot see any right minded business planners willing to take these risks when things are so uncertain.

Hopefully we will get more info on other vaccines before year end that might give us some more hope. But, I think 2021 is looking very bad for festivals so far.

Today I am glass half empty.

Smaller ticketing firms that many of the smaller festivals use most likely won't have the capabilities or resouces that ticketmaster have to make this work. This might push the smaller festivals back towards TM or push them out of business completely.

I don't think the Pfizer vaccine will be widely enough available in time for festivals to plan sufficiently in advance. What happends if EP go with this TM plan and book all their acts, but the distribution of the (two dose) vaccine is behind schedule. We could have say only 40% of ticket buyers vaccinated by the time the festivasl rolls around. What about the other 60%? refunds? Are you going to pay the acts and support services just 40%? I cannot see any right minded business planners willing to take these risks when things are so uncertain.

Hopefully we will get more info on other vaccines before year end that might give us some more hope. But, I think 2021 is looking very bad for festivals so far.

Today I am glass half empty.

I'm fairly confident we will have a few vaccines to choose from soon but whether enough are vaccinated by festival season remains to be seen. This is where the negative test comes in. Doesn't matter if you're not vaccinated as long as you can prove you don't have it!

Glass half full....Always!!:)

:D good stuff guys. Good points well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I see a festival in Glasgow has Underworld, Kraftwerk and Nile Rogers on the same weekend for Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively. Obviously the first two would be great headliners. I know Nile Rogers is in a constant state of omnipresent performance but given the lack of gigs at the moment I'd jump the chance to see a chic performance.

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I see a festival in Glasgow has Underworld, Kraftwerk and Nile Rogers on the same weekend for Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively. Obviously the first two would be great headliners. I know Nile Rogers is in a constant state of omnipresent performance but given the lack of gigs at the moment I'd jump the chance to see a chic performance.

Oh how I’d like to dance to underworld again! Was very much looking forward to them and Hot Chip on the Sunday of Forbidden Fruit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Would Kraftwerk be too big for ATN? Could see them doing EP again maybe?

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Underworld. When I see acts like Orbital and the Chemical Brothers there's always a lull or two, as I don't really like a lot of their later stuff. Underworld still have that magic about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

desk tidy wrote: »
    Would Kraftwerk be too big for ATN? Could see them doing EP again maybe?

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Underworld. When I see acts like Orbital and the Chemical Brothers there's always a lull or two, as I don't really like a lot of their later stuff. Underworld still have that magic about them.

I'd say they'd be bang on the money for ATN, probably just the right type of act.

I'd say they'd be bang on the money for ATN, probably just the right type of act.

Was looking forward to seeing them headline the Saturday at ATN in 2018, but ended up eating cheesecake down by the house listening to disco tracks from the bandstand instead. God I miss festivals!:(

Was looking forward to seeing them headline the Saturday at ATN in 2018, but ended up eating cheesecake down by the house listening to disco tracks from the bandstand instead. God I miss festivals!:(

Still...sounds like a pretty cool evening all the same. Down by the house was brilliant that first year, great music and a great vibe. That said, Underworld that night was an experience I’ll never forget.

Still...sounds like a pretty cool evening all the same. Down by the house was brilliant that first year, great music and a great vibe. That said, Underworld that night was an experience I’ll never forget.

Oh I wasn’t complaining about missing underworld!!:) quality cheesecake and tunes! I was just lamenting the randomness of festivals!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I know a few of these played last year, but would be nice to get a few of the others.

playground-glasgow-2021.jpg

I see also The War On Drugs playing in Spain/Portugal a few weeks before. Could possibly be headliners? Played FF for POD a few years ago.
    Had a live album out recently, and presumably a new album will be out by next summer.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6wkH6InYGqr5hXxzLkt5Rz?si=A3NUo68ZT4CkQDXTT3Nf9w

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

For the first time this year I am confident that festivals and gigs will be back next year. Mass vaccination will start in January I'd imagine by Spring time the program will have been rolled out to a sizable amount of health care workers, nursing home staff and the over 70's. After that most likely those with pre-conditions will be targeted. This means come the summer season those most at risk will be vaccinated and immune from the virus, meaning it is "safer" to attend events such as gigs. I think using ticketmaster to prove you've been vaccinated or tested negative is null and void if the mass vaccination program takes off, and has been mentioned by others, there will most likely be a number of approved vaccines by that stage so there should not be a supply and demand issue.

*Glass half-full

For the first time this year I am confident that festivals and gigs will be back next year. Mass vaccination will start in January I'd imagine by Spring time the program will have been rolled out to a sizable amount of health care workers, nursing home staff and the over 70's. After that most likely those with pre-conditions will be targeted. This means come the summer season those most at risk will be vaccinated and immune from the virus, meaning it is "safer" to attend events such as gigs. I think using ticketmaster to prove you've been vaccinated or tested negative is null and void if the mass vaccination program takes off, and has been mentioned by others, there will most likely be a number of approved vaccines by that stage so there should not be a supply and demand issue.

*Glass half-full

I share you optimism dude. I have to. I NEED to believe we will have live music, gigs, festivals and dancing like no one is looking next summer! I’ll be all the more appreciative too. Music has definitely helped me through the year, discovered tons of new artists and loads of new albums. But I crave a live gig and Especially an outdoor Summer gig!

• Advertisement

*Glass half-full

Always!!!:)

Advertisement