Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

• 07-06-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I'll start it off:).....I wanted to do 5000k this year, Currently at 2077.5, so bit to go yet, but doing longer spins now compared to the beginning of the year... also wanted to do a sportive and I have done 2 now, (New Inn 100k & Kilbeggan 100k)and third on Sunday (Croi 120k) After that I want to get a Turbo trainer set up in the garage (which I recently have made space for my bike stuff) with maybe a monitor/screen for winter training.....How you lot getting along????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I have set out to do 4500km this year. I'm at 2048km, Strava is telling me that i'm 101km ahead of pace. I think i might set my target to 5000km, depending how the year goes. I consistently commute through all sorts of weather, so i think i'll come closer to 5000.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,920 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

currently at 2,044, so we seem to be setting a trend here. aiming for 5k, so on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

4954k so far, but i'm just over 1000k behind my target for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

3,312km with a yearly target of 6,000 so am well ahead of target at this point.

28% ahead to be exact, I didn't even go near Strava to answer the question! I download reports from Strava into a spreadsheet which then produces all sorts of shiny tables and graphs for me. the joys of being an Excel nerd :D

if I keep going at this rate I'll hit 7,699km for the year. as you can see my spreadsheet gives me a lot of useless information too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I’m at 2369 at the moment so should hit my 5000km target. Just had 7 weeks away from commuting due to a course, but got a few spins in to keep me ticking over and not let my average slip too much. Not done a sportive yet this year, but have signed up for the Reservoir Dog in September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

I'm aiming for 100k metres of climbing. At 60k right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

I'm also targeting 5k this year. Currently at 3,200 so a little ahead of target... all I have to do now is keep going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭C3PO

Had a great start to the year ... passed 6000kms and 75,000mts last Saturday - 50% of both distance and elevation annual targets! Approaching 275 hours which will be 50% of target too. Distance will slow down now as I spend more time on the MTB!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

North of 3500km but I commute a good bit by bike so easily done. I only use Strava intermittently though so last month is showing 750km and all the other months are about 200km, even though 600km minimum is commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I was somewhat delusional when I set my goals prior to the arrival of a little baby...oh how naive I was! My goals are now orientated to hours of sleep rather than hour of cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭C3PO

CramCycle wrote: »
    North of 3500km but I commute a good bit by bike so easily done. I only use Strava intermittently though so last month is showing 750km and all the other months are about 200km, even though 600km minimum is commuting.

I'm the same ... 140kms a week just commuting ... relatively easy to get decent numbers with that base!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,936 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Have a goal of 20,000kms with 150,000m elevation.

Currently at 8,761kms with 74,250 elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Have a goal of 20,000kms with 150,000m elevation.

Currently at 8,761kms with 74,250 elevation.

See that’s why I always try and reply to these threads quickly.... my total looks impressive for about 5 minutes! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Aiming for 10k this year. Currently sitting on 3555. Absolutely smashing the stats v last year and with a big summer coming up I'm feeling confident of hitting it

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

My goal this year was to get upgraded out of A4, did that and now I’m just sort of going along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭G1032

3,312km with a yearly target of 6,000 so am well ahead of target at this point.

28% ahead to be exact, I didn't even go near Strava to answer the question! I download reports from Strava into a spreadsheet which then produces all sorts of shiny tables and graphs for me. the joys of being an Excel nerd :D

if I keep going at this rate I'll hit 7,699km for the year. as you can see my spreadsheet gives me a lot of useless information too :pac:

What other kind of information does this excel sheet give you...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

jon1981 wrote: »
    I was somewhat delusional when I set my goals prior to the arrival of a little baby...oh how naive I was! My goals are now orientated to hours of sleep rather than hour of cycling.

hahaha same here. Thought it would stop me getting out for a week or 2. 16 weeks later and I'm starting to forget what a nice relaxing weekend spin feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭G1032

Felexicon wrote: »
    hahaha same here. Thought it would stop me getting out for a week or 2. 16 weeks later and I'm starting to forget what a nice relaxing weekend spin feels like.

Wait until number 2 comes along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

G1032 wrote: »
    Wait until number 2 comes along :)

The only number 2 that gets me excited at the moment is the one that gets me a few minutes peace and quiet sitting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭saccades

Able to complete the Wicklow 200 after a pulmonary embolism and lung infection in February.

Hopefully get the all clear on Tuesday.

2 days after...

Original goal was complete pivot twentyfour12 24hour pairs with over 200 miles completed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

2700km for the year of a plannedd 7500. About 40% of that is in the last month as I started the year with flu, crashed one bike, and then just couldn't get going til Aprilish sometime. Will get close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

I was aiming at a 5,000km target and have 2,416km so far for the year, so that puts me 258km ahead of pace. All going well I should make it with a month or 2 to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Goal this year was to be faster than last year.

So far so good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭secman

Target this year is same as last year 6,000 km. Missed it by a mere 90 odd km last year due to back issues. Jan & Feb were hit and miss due to the back problem, but decided to leave target at 6,000 km. Currently just over 2,220 , about 400km off the pace, but I'm narrowing it every week. Hope to be near enough to 3, 000 km by end of month... especially after my bike fit next Wed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Badly and may need to revise down. Aiming for 12k for the year @4198 at the moment so need a big(nice) summer to ramp up before September

Just under 30k climbing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,936 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... so need a big(nice) summer to ramp up before September....
    We're nearly half way through it! The days get shorter again in just over a week's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭delynet

Big goal this year was to do Mizen to Malin in sub 24 hour. Happy to report myself and 12 other club members from Annagh Wheelers completed this last weekend. 3 in group were over 60 so great that we got everyone over the finish line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

We're nearly half way through it! The days get shorter again in just over a week's time.

Well aren't you a bucket of cheeriness

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Booooo!

I think that deserves a mod infraction even if it's technically correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

CramCycle wrote: »
    Well aren't you a bucket of cheeriness

Real glass half empty stuff.

Advertisement