Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

It is a good song in fairness!

Not when its for the 4565659595 time its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

When did "Contacting" become "Reaching Out" ?

When did having a "discussion" become having a "conversation".?

Why do so many of the thirty something medicos interviewed on media start every sentence with "So" ?

When your sitting in the garden relaxing..why do the lawn mower and the unpainted fence develop an accusing stare ??

Radio interview yesterday, the caller was asked a question about their early life. They answered "well when I started on my journey.........." Why are the ordinary twists and turns in life called "journeys" now? TA at this.

TA that my washing machine broke down yesterday ! Can you buy washing machines in these strange times???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

TA that my washing machine broke down yesterday ! Can you buy washing machines in these strange times???

Every time we switch on our immersion heater our electricity blows......can I get an electrician tp look at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Laptop won’t boot up. Working from home for the last four weeks so in serious bother if it doesn’t sort itself. On leave today anyway so currently trivial annoyance but need it for Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My other half has been let go for now.Got his wage slip,they took the 6 days holidays he owed them.Why do this now,money being so tight and waiting for the dole to get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Fake swearing on TV and in movies: The "fargs", "frigs" and "fraks". Note to scriptwriters...there are two acceptable approaches to swearing: have none, or have real swearing. Either works. Pretend swearing on the other hand, is a cowardly cop-out, sounds awkward and unnatural and yanks the viewer right out of their suspension of disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

WhenI was online shopping for a washing machine weeks ago the big electrical shops had suspended delivery. I only checked 2, though. Curry's and I've forgotten the 2nd

TA back cramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dubstarr wrote: »
    My other half has been let go for now.Got his wage slip,they took the 6 days holidays he owed them.Why do this now,money being so tight and waiting for the dole to get back to us.

Thats lousy :(

TA my relative who lives near supposedly might have had the virus and was waiting to be tested etc. Had to hear the complete lowdown on it from my parents who have that Irish mammy ability to source all the bad news in Ireland even when they are away. Did you hear who died etc.

Next thing I see her out and about and her small grandchild with her. They dont live together so not only breaking the rules but doing so with a suspeced case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A few years ago I trained in a youngster, fresh out of uni with the ink wet on his degree, in due course he became my supervisor(TAx1000)

I dont know if it was a power trip or not, but he constantly sent back my reports for not adhering to a previously unknown policy, which he refused to show me when I asked and so it went on until I moved branch.

Today I read that his replacement has issued templates and structure requirements(excetly what I asked for)which he was so vehement never happened in 'industry'.

TA, having spent so much energy to be belittled and how it all falls into place, when im not there to benifit.
    TA, He's been promoted of course!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The doom and gloom merchants in the Covid-19 discussion forum. Where it seems with anyone with any sort of positive outlook, or indeed prediction, are shot down. It's as if certain people want us all to be in lockdown for ever more. I'd say some of them are the sort of people who despise other people having fun when they themselves are anti-social. The amount of experts in there is unreal too.

Now I understand the need for the lockdown, and have obeyed it to the letter of the law. But at the same time, I refuse to go through it without being an optimist. Imagine being cooped in all day having nothing but negative thoughts? Maybe that is why I am not finding it TOO tough at the minute (although I can't wait for normality to be restored at the same time)- I look at the daily figures and think "oh it seems to be levelling off. Great".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The doom and gloom merchants in the Covid-19 discussion forum. Where it seems with anyone with any sort of positive outlook, or indeed prediction, are shot down. It's as if certain people want us all to be in lockdown for ever more. I'd say some of them are the sort of people who despise other people having fun when they themselves are anti-social. The amount of experts in there is unreal too.

Now I understand the need for the lockdown, and have obeyed it to the letter of the law. But at the same time, I refuse to go through it without being an optimist. Imagine being cooped in all day having nothing but negative thoughts? Maybe that is why I am not finding it TOO tough at the minute (although I can't wait for normality to be restored at the same time)- I look at the daily figures and think "oh it seems to be levelling off. Great".

They love it. It is like a dream come true for most to them. They are having orgasms of drama every time the daily numbers are out. They are actually the most psychotic of all the posters, they get off on the death toll rather than having any compassion for victims, they make me sick.

The " I said this 3 weeks ago" brigade are worse.

I have stopped following, it has gotten tribal.

Political trolls also, really annoying. I hate politics, it is such crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

George Lee's eyes are popping out of this head every night - just as well he wears glasses !

George Lee's eyes are popping out of this head every night - just as well he wears glasses !

At least the climate is getting a break.....

This so much. I have taken the lockdown very seriously, have been largely compliant and had many a sleepless night worrying about elderly parents. I simply cannot stand the misery merchants. Most of what they say can't be backed up. Its all things like "we are screwed now", "this is just the start" etc. The kind who probably revel in other people's tragedies - "did you hear about x, god love his family", and who rubber neck at accident scenes.

I think there is an element of voyeurism or something at play.

Worth mentioning also, but the worst of the worst are the Anti Brit Brigade. They are excruciating. Posters getting off on how badly Britain has handled the crisis and even worse the posters who had a few swipes at Boris Johnson when he was sick... disgusting and ugly stuff. I can handle a bit of Brit Bashing... but smugly looking at our closest neighbours whilst they are going through a national crisis is not on. I don't care what they did for the last 1,000 years, I was brought up to have a bit of compassion and care for my neighbours.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    They love it. It is like a dream come true for most to them. They are having orgasms of drama every time the daily numbers are out. They are actually the most psychotic of all the posters, they get off on the death toll rather than having any compassion for victims, they make me sick.

There were even some of them complaining that RTE were not.releasing deceased and new infection numbers at the same time each day, saying it was a disgrace etc. These numbers represent actual people who have died :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Worth mentioning also, but the worst of the worst are the Anti Brit Brigade. They are excruciating. Posters getting off on how badly Britain has handled the crisis and even worse the posters who had a few swipes at Boris Johnson when he was sick... disgusting and ugly stuff. I can handle a bit of Brit Bashing... but smugly looking at our closest neighbours whilst they are going through a national crisis is not on. I don't care what they did for the last 1,000 years, I was brought up to have a bit of compassion and care for my neighbours.

It was the same with Brexit.
    People breaking their holes laughing as or nearest neighbour, trading partners and ally tore themselves apart while driving off a cliff.
    They thought it was hilarious.

The doom and gloom merchants in the Covid-19 discussion forum.

Particularly the ones predicting doom for the world economy, generations-long austerity, recession, depression, etc. You get the feeling they're pausing their typing every so often to rub their hands with glee...

And that's not counting the ones who seem to think it's the economy that needs protecting more than the citizens, because hey people die in recessions too. :rolleyes:

People breaking their holes laughing as or nearest neighbour, trading partners and ally tore themselves apart while driving off a cliff.

Well, if it's going to happen anyway you might as well get a giggle out of it. :D

• Advertisement

Worth mentioning also, but the worst of the worst are the Anti Brit Brigade. They are excruciating. Posters getting off on how badly Britain has handled the crisis and even worse the posters who had a few swipes at Boris Johnson when he was sick... disgusting and ugly stuff.

It's hard not to like Boris even as you deplore his politics, and I do. I thought that piece to camera he did from isolation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvxljn11LA) was the best I've ever seen from him. No cleverness, no spin, just straight talking to emphasise the importance of following the social distancing rules.

By the time I finished a job, put a dress on and went outside, there was a cloud overhead. I know it will be back but still. I'm annoyed enough to reconsider my idea that I could never live abroad. I need a reliable guaranteed summer.

Wtf are my neighbours saying. All I can hear is guttural burbledy burble.

To be honest I can handle a bit if Brexit bashing, as a country economically we are candles in the wind when dealing with the UK. The no deal threat was ominous and Downing Street handled the unionists appallingly, it could have gotten nasty.

But slagging them off on a health crisis is too much and is disgusting.

Economies will go up and down, but lives are lives.

Some of them were having fits because RTE were not reporting numbers on deaths and new infections at the same time every day.
    It was, apparently, disgraceful. Did they forget that these numbers represent real human beings with loved ones?

And then once the numbers were announced, there would be a clamour to be the first to post the updated number - the result being 50 posts all stating the same number within 2 minutes of each other :(

Antares35 wrote: »
    And then once the numbers were announced, there would be a clamour to be the first to post the updated number - the result being 50 posts all stating the same number within 2 minutes of each other :(

That reminds me (gamers will know this one)...a patch or update or new somethingorother is released and the relevant forum is filled with posts saying...

"Downloading now"

Why?

That people try to kill completely harmless inoffensive insects who play their part in the ecosystem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The "justeat discount codes" thread.
    Scabby skangers begging for codes to save €2.37 off their chicken kebabs....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,805 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went to my local park for some necessary exercise... the full round of the park is about one kilometer. I have a nerve problem in my foot hence the requirement for daily exercise to recover. However due to the condition, always when I get towards the final third my foot cramps big time and it’s only fixable by resting and stretching,

I get near the bench only to find that the whole bench is taken up by bags and sporting gear, piled wide and high...there are about 12 kids and 5 adults playing games on the grass without any fûcking interest in a person like me, an older person, person with ANY kind of disability or just someone feeling a little tired who might want or need to sit for 5...it’s their locker room.... even now in covid country , self entitled fûckwits. 2020 in Ireland, not much to be surprised about, even if I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That people try to kill completely harmless inoffensive insects who play their part in the ecosystem.

The harmful offensive ones probably have a part to play too though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Tom Hardy in Peaky Blinders. His overacting is silly and distracting. Very annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement